Series 505 Cybernetic set

Hunterkat

Let me start off by saying Bioware, you did good! the Series 505 Cybernetic set is awesome! the details on the set are amazing. Your art staff pulled out all the stops on it. I have this set on my Bounty Hunter and her companion Mako and love it! At one time my Bounty Hunter was standing with her arms crossed and the robotic hand looked perfectly natural grasping her arm. The Cerebellum looks amazing! Best looking droid head in the game! I love the flashing lights on it and in the right light the front piece has a really cool chrome look to it.

One slight problem I've found is really not a problem with the set itself but the way one part of it is treated. The Cerebellum is not really a helmet, it's a actual head. If you look closely at it you can tell there isn't a head under it. the face part curves down to smoothly for there to be a chin, or mouth for that matter and there is no openings for eyes. The neck is nonexistent, only hydraulics and wiring leaving the feel that about the only thing living that could be left inside it might be a brain, and I'm perfectly cool with that! That is part of what makes the piece so cool! But in game it is still treated as a helm so in certain conversations it is removed for the conversations. This spoils the overall feel of the set. It would be nice if it was not treated as a helm and remained on for all conversations. Also certain companions it doesn't show on because it is treated as a helm like sergeant Rusk and Ashara. I can understand why some companions can't wear the set at all like Khem. Individual pieces just wouldn't fit the body (and I wouldn't want to even try to get him into it!) but those that can wear the rest of the set and have it show should be able to have their head replaced with a cool cybernetic one :)

Some suggestions for the Series 600 Cybernetic set.

Different back piece, the current one is not my favorite part of the set. Maybe a heat sink or a power pack.

More detail on the upper arm and leg. The pole is kinda blah. Some hydraulics and wiring running down them would look awesome.

Several different legs and chest options. I know the way it works and the arms and legs are part of the chest or complete lower body, hands and feet are separate. With multiple options on the chest and legs parts you can go with full cybernetic to only the piece you want cybernetic. Say in the chest you could have 4 different chest pieces for the set, left arm, right arm, both arms, or full cybernetic. You could expand on that with arm torso combos but I think 4 would make quite a few people happy.

Last suggestion would be the coloring. With the 505 series you have quite a bit of striping that makes some color combo look silly. I first tried a gray red dye in my set and it made parts look candy striped :p

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a weird workaround for lousy Cyborg character creation options, but I like it.

I have to agree. The Cyborg character creation is a drag. When I think of Cyborg I think of what we have with this new 505 Cybernetic Set, not just a few choices in facial implants. But hey all their modeling in this game is lacking a bit so it is nothing new. At least we now have a way to look like a real Cyborg. The set looks nice. I hope to see more in the future. :rolleyes:

I have to agree. The Cyborg character creation is a drag. When I think of Cyborg I think of what we have with this new 505 Cybernetic Set, not just a few choices in facial implants. But hey all their modeling in this game is lacking a bit so it is nothing new. At least we now have a way to look like a real Cyborg. The set looks nice. I hope to see more in the future. :rolleyes:

By any chance did you ever play Phantasy Star Online? So few games where you can be a bot. I really wish they'd translate the current one, I refuse to jump through the hoops to play it in moonrunes just to end up playing with people I can't understand.

I put some companions in full sets of 505.. and some I just put on the headpiece, or headpiece and arms.

It works well with Scalene Armor IMO in this way. Also works very well with a classic Despot chest if you want to go with neutral grays.. or for that matter.. slap a Mandalore chest on it.

If you are not into the headpiece.. slap a Mandalore Helmet on it IMO to change the fundamental look and still have all the other cyborg pieces. Personally, I find this set works well with the Mandalore set. So I encourage mixing and matching pieces between the two sets to experiment more with cyborg like variations using non-cyborg armor.

I wish I could put the 505 on Treek and have it show.. as then I could have a mini-cyborg that trolls me endlessly in combat.. but can't have everything. :p

Also. on dyes... the set color is driven by the secondary dye slot.. so you can get to a white set with tertiary highlights with any_color/White or reverse it with Any_color/Black dyes. The primary dye color has very little texture coverage on the 505 set.

This set is very well done and popular, so I'm sure we will see more variants on it to mix and match in the future. In the meantime.. mix and match with other armor to work around things you don't like about the 505.

Edited by Andryah

This set is very well done and popular, so I'm sure we will see more variants on it to mix and match in the future. In the meantime.. mix and match with other armor to work around things you don't like about the 505.

But what if what we don't like about the 505 is that it disappears during convos? Can't they just add a bug fix for that?

On my cyborg Agent character I went with the legs only and the rest were from the Clandestine Officer Armor Set. I wasn't happy with the amount of red that was showing on the leg so I put a secondary gray dye module in the chest, unified to chest and it looks pretty good. I'll edit this post with a pic when I get home from work (assuming I remember that is :p).

But what if what we don't like about the 505 is that it disappears during convos? Can't they just add a bug fix for that?

I know this may be a shocking concept.... /bug_report it! :)

And then be patient. There have been gear bugs inside convo scenes since launch. Personally, I report them then I dismiss them and overlook them as I can clearly see how pesky they can be to squash. Convos are a separate sub_engine with in the client.....we are lucky helmets show up ever in convos IMO, especially on companions, considering how many variables there are (and more every day with new gear, color matching, dyes, etc).

bug_report early, bug_report often, play the game. IMO. :)

Edited by Andryah

Probably this is the BEST armor set I've seen from bioware in the present year, I use the leggings on my trooper (along with the classic trooper chest) and he looks like a war hero that crippled his leg and had to be replaced by a cybernetic one, how cool is that? In my mercenary, I'm planning to use 505 leggings+ 505 hands + covert energy armor.

I encourage the OP's suggestions, and as some said before, it's a lousy workaround to have a real cyborg body, but it works, so more variety is needed.

This ^^

A guildie put the full set on his Commando and it looks awesome, however, the ability of this set to work well with others by mixing and matching pieces is what I love about it the most.

One one of my toons I just put the Concealed Bodysuit set on but replaced the gloves with the 505 gloves. You can see the Concealed bodysuit bracers under the 505 gloves and with a secondary gray dye to the Concealed bodysuit chest, it's just amazing. A very Logan's Run look with just 1 cybernetic hand as he clutches his lightsaber is awesome!

I'm looking forward to doing similar with other toons to help augment various looks. I'm just trying to decide if I want to buy the whole set for my collections, then add individual pieces to toons as desired, or just put each piece I want individually. :D

Edited by Lumpyone

Yeah, it's nice to see the humour in the series 505. You have to pay 'arm and a leg' to get the armour that's missing an arm and a leg. :D I won't be, cause I think it's ugly, personally, but hey for those who love it, more power to ya. lol Edited by Lunafox

I know this may be a shocking concept.... /bug_report it! :)

And then be patient. There have been gear bugs inside convo scenes since launch. Personally, I report them then I dismiss them and overlook them as I can clearly see how pesky they can be to squash. Convos are a separate sub_engine with in the client.....we are lucky helmets show up ever in convos IMO, especially on companions, considering how many variables there are (and more every day with new gear, color matching, dyes, etc).

bug_report early, bug_report often, play the game. IMO. :)

I don't think the helmet removal during conversations is a bug but working as intended. The devs can correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like most companion conversations and some other ones it is meant for the characters to remove their helmets, but this set has a cybernetic head, not a helmet. That is why I think it should have a special set of rules for it.

Yeah, it's nice to see the humour in the series 505. You have to pay 'arm and a leg' to get the armour that's missing an arm and a leg. :D I won't be, cause I think it's ugly, personally, but hey for those who love it, more power to ya. lol

I just checked prices on Harbinger for the 505 pieces, and you're not far off on the cost of the pieces atm. Chest and Legs along would set me back 1.5mil credits. Not too bad honestly, but makes me glad there is the Collections option to make other copies later.

I don't think the helmet removal during conversations is a bug but working as intended. The devs can correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like most companion conversations and some other ones it is meant for the characters to remove their helmets, but this set has a cybernetic head, not a helmet. That is why I think it should have a special set of rules for it.

You're right, it is working as intended, because, put it this way, it'd be hard to kiss your romance companion when you're bumping helms.

I just checked prices on Harbinger for the 505 pieces, and you're not far off on the cost of the pieces atm. Chest and Legs along would set me back 1.5mil credits. Not too bad honestly, but makes me glad there is the Collections option to make other copies later.

I don't know about other servers.. but Harbinger is consistently lower GTN prices on weekends for popular items. More PvP on the GTN I guess on weekends.

So if 1.5 is a little steep for you.. wait until the weekend IMO. I picked up the full set on Harbinger over the weekend for a little under 1.5. I noticed this morning though.. that prices were up from the weekend.. particularly on the head and chest pieces. I'd be surprised though if a full set ever goes much below 1.5...but with Collections.. it's less of an issue now days.

I don't know about other servers.. but Harbinger is consistently lower GTN prices on weekends for popular items. More PvP on the GTN I guess on weekends.

It seems to hold true for a lot of MMOs that I've played.

I always just blamed it on the supply being higher on weekends, due to more people playing and all.

Though I'm not sure why the "demand" doesn't rise with it.

Maybe it's just more people staying home, and spending the money they'd normally spend going out on the game instead. :p

Dunno how much it has to do with PvPers, but prices are lower on the weekend on BC, too.

Edited by branmakmuffin

I think you misunderstand how the texturing of the armor and bodies work. To make it to where you can select say a cybernetic arm in the character generation it could be done, but 90% of the armors you would find would cover this up. the same with legs, torsos, hands, and feet. So with most armors all those cool textures wouldn't even show.

Now, on that line of thought I guess they could separate the arms from the torso and legs from the groin area and make individual armor parts just for those areas, but look at all that would entail. they would have to make separate pieces for each body part, make sure they line up properly with every other piece of armor, rebalance all stats to take in account of all the pieces... and it just goes on and on. And if you think it's only bad on Bioware's end just think of having to mod each arm, each leg, each foot, each hand....

Armor sets like this are not the next best thing to having the selections in character creation, it is the best thing period for having a cool looking cyborg toon.