Columi Main Hand unfairness

So what's with warriors and bounty hunters being able to get columi grade weapons from hm fps, but inquisitors and agents have to get it from a hard mode operation?

I don't understand you Bioware.

Hard Mode Lost Island drops Columi Mainhands.

Also, Columi Mainhands drop in Story Mode, not Hard Mode

Edited by ValantheLiadon

Hard Mode Lost Island drops Columi Mainhands.

Also, Columi Mainhands drop in Story Mode, not Hard Mode

I see that it's mean to drop off Karagga, but my point is still valid, in that

a) you still need 8 people to run KP rather than the 4 for a flashpoint

b) Operations have lockout timers of days

c) KP is not available in group finder, making this a very hard to get people to do it with, especially after 1.4

Now I've done EV nightmare mode, and I'm yet to see the columi main hand drop. Made harder of course by the limited number times you can run it, where a warrior can run Battle of Ilum again as soon as they finish it, and only needs 4 people. Battle of Ilum is also a lot faster to run than any operation.

Now Lost Island Hard Mode is another story, I have yet to get past LR-5. It's very hard. Certainly much much harder than Battle of Ilum, and the devs agree given that it's in Tier 2 hard modes category on it's own.

So I'd like to know why you want to fight me on this? Of course it's available, but the difficulty in obtaining it versus how easy it is for a warrior is just plain ridiculous.

I see that it's mean to drop off Karagga, but my point is still valid, in that

a) you still need 8 people to run KP rather than the 4 for a flashpoint

b) Operations have lockout timers of days

c) KP is not available in group finder, making this a very hard to get people to do it with, especially after 1.4

Now I've done EV nightmare mode, and I'm yet to see the columi main hand drop. Made harder of course by the limited number times you can run it, where a warrior can run Battle of Ilum again as soon as they finish it, and only needs 4 people. Battle of Ilum is also a lot faster to run than any operation.

Now Lost Island Hard Mode is another story, I have yet to get past LR-5. It's very hard. Certainly much much harder than Battle of Ilum, and the devs agree given that it's in Tier 2 hard modes category on it's own.

So I'd like to know why you want to fight me on this? Of course it's available, but the difficulty in obtaining it versus how easy it is for a warrior is just plain ridiculous.

1. KP is absolutely available in the Group finder. You should look at your group finder better.

2. If you're doing EV Nightmare Mode, why do you need a Columi Main Hand in the first place?

3. Lost Island got nerfed, the zone's much easier than it was before, and isn't significantly harder than any of the others.

4. Why should everything be easymode?

1. KP is absolutely available in the Group finder. You should look at your group finder better.

2. If you're doing EV Nightmare Mode, why do you need a Columi Main Hand in the first place?

3. Lost Island got nerfed, the zone's much easier than it was before, and isn't significantly harder than any of the others.

4. Why should everything be easymode?

KP still requires 8 people.

Why do I require it? What kind of question is that? Why bother gearing up at all? I have a Tionese mainhand and I'm trying to better my gear. Do I need a better reason?

I tried LI HM on friday. It may have been nerfed but we were not able to do it. I have an Assassin tank with 26k health, 2 columi geared marauders (one with a fair bit of rak) and me, the healer that is columi with some black hole. We got LR-5 down to 6%, but it was incredibly hard.

I'm not asking for everything to be easy mode. I don't want LI HM to be nerfed. What I do want is some fairness. If warriors can get 2x columi main hand from hard mode flash points, why can't I?

I don't get what you have against fairness. Perhaps you work for Bioware? Would make sense seeing you think it's fair as it is.

KP still requires 8 people.

Why do I require it? What kind of question is that? Why bother gearing up at all? I have a Tionese mainhand and I'm trying to better my gear. Do I need a better reason?

I tried LI HM on friday. It may have been nerfed but we were not able to do it. I have an Assassin tank with 26k health, 2 columi geared marauders (one with a fair bit of rak) and me, the healer that is columi with some black hole. We got LR-5 down to 6%, but it was incredibly hard.

I'm not asking for everything to be easy mode. I don't want LI HM to be nerfed. What I do want is some fairness. If warriors can get 2x columi main hand from hard mode flash points, why can't I?

I don't get what you have against fairness. Perhaps you work for Bioware? Would make sense seeing you think it's fair as it is.

It is posts like this that lead BW to slot bind all the hilts and armourings.

To give you an idea of 'fairness', all base classes except the Agent/Smuggler can get high level, non-slot bound armourings from the Campaign/Dread Guard/War Hero offhands. This makes is significantly easier to get those armourings and is the only way to acquire non-slot bound War Hero armourings. Agents don't have access to this because their offhands all use a barrel.

Similarly, Warrior and BH can get the Hilt/Barrel from offhands dropped in BoI. Now the Agent can also do this, but that is an unintended bonus of the modification system and these are not BiS for the tier if you are a Tank Jugg or PT.

Now prior to LI, the ONLY way to get a Columi MH was to do KP SM. The only way to get a Rakata Chest was to do EV HM/NiM. HM LI brought 2 "Op only" pieces of gear into the HM FP realm. Just because you have trouble with the FP doesn't mean its not accessible, it means you need to learn the instance and that can take a while. Once you get LI down once or twice you will find it really easy. Trust me, its a lot to learn but once you know it, its child's play.

The ONLY unfairness in loot currently is the WH armourings from offhands. Since that is the ONLY place to acquire the non-slot bound versions and Agents can't get them. Give those guys some thought before you complain, atleast you can acquire your hilt somewhere.

It is posts like this that lead BW to slot bind all the hilts and armourings.

To give you an idea of 'fairness', all base classes except the Agent/Smuggler can get high level, non-slot bound armourings from the Campaign/Dread Guard/War Hero offhands. This makes is significantly easier to get those armourings and is the only way to acquire non-slot bound War Hero armourings. Agents don't have access to this because their offhands all use a barrel.

Similarly, Warrior and BH can get the Hilt/Barrel from offhands dropped in BoI. Now the Agent can also do this, but that is an unintended bonus of the modification system and these are not BiS for the tier if you are a Tank Jugg or PT.

Now prior to LI, the ONLY way to get a Columi MH was to do KP SM. The only way to get a Rakata Chest was to do EV HM/NiM. HM LI brought 2 "Op only" pieces of gear into the HM FP realm. Just because you have trouble with the FP doesn't mean its not accessible, it means you need to learn the instance and that can take a while. Once you get LI down once or twice you will find it really easy. Trust me, its a lot to learn but once you know it, its child's play.

The ONLY unfairness in loot currently is the WH armourings from offhands. Since that is the ONLY place to acquire the non-slot bound versions and Agents can't get them. Give those guys some thought before you complain, atleast you can acquire your hilt somewhere.

I have to disagree with you about where the only unfairness is. Yes that is also unfair, but it's not the only one. I'm specifcally asking about Inquistor gear vs warrior because that's what I know, but if you want to add other unfairnesses to be addressed then be my guest.

Do not tell me it's fair that I have to do LI HM to get what warriors get from BOI.

I have to disagree with you about where the only unfairness is. Yes that is also unfair, but it's not the only one. I'm specifcally asking about Inquistor gear vs warrior because that's what I know, but if you want to add other unfairnesses to be addressed then be my guest.

Do not tell me it's fair that I have to do LI HM to get what warriors get from BOI.

You can use the Warrior hilt if you wish, all you will lose is some 60 Willpower in favor of Strength. It's not ideal but it still works, and in the scheme of things is only slightly worse than using a cross spec (tank/DPS) hilt. You can get the correct hilt quite easily from KP or HM LI (or NiM EV which you've already cleared). Or you can blow a couple of million and buy a grade 26 hilt.