I've been critical

DarthWomprat

So I've been critical of just about everything about this game so, just to show everyone I'm not a troll, here are some good things I want to point out:

- The scenery design is pretty good.

- The class voice over and stories are good.

- Whomever was in charge of Voss, tell him he didn't go far enough. It's not too shabby, but it was almost really good.

There ya go. How's that for a list?

So I've been critical of just about everything about this game so, just to show everyone I'm not a troll, here are some good things I want to point out:

- The scenery design is pretty good.

- The class voice over and stories are good.

- Whomever was in charge of Voss, tell him he didn't go far enough. It's not too shabby, but it was almost really good.

There ya go. How's that for a list?

LOL! I don't think you are a troll, it takes a fan to be critical of a game. We all know Bioware can do better.:D

Edited by Tuscad

I would tell you, but my opinion would mean yet another forum infraction. That won't do, because I so love trolling here.

Not a troll, eh?

It's cool that you don't like most of this game. I have plenty of gripes with it myself. There is a suggestion forum and I'd suggest checking it out if you haven't.

However, there's a difference between being constructively critical and just posting for the sake of stirring up forum arguments (which it appears the vast majority of your posts are intended to do).

Not a troll, eh?

It's cool that you don't like most of this game. I have plenty of gripes with it myself. There is a suggestion forum and I'd suggest checking it out if you haven't.

However, there's a difference between being constructively critical and just posting for the sake of stirring up forum arguments (which it appears the vast majority of your posts are intended to do).

How is it trolling to point out positives in the game? I fail to see your logic, sir.

I am pretty impressed with;

1. Class balance, many may disagree, but WoW struggles with this still, and SWTOR pretty much nailed it out the gate.

2. The Warzones map design - The design on these is really good, and avoids giving undue advantage to anyone; to compare again, for the longest AV gave a huge advantage to the Horde, and even WSG had a few exploits for awhile.

3. You can level up and gear up completely doing Warzone pvp if you want.

4. The way the craft system works if you decide you want to pick a set of craft skills at 50, by then you can deploy 5 crew and have access to a lot more money if you do Ilum quests, so you can max out a new crew skill fast if you need to.

I am sure there are some others but those are what I have atm.

1. Class balance, many may disagree, but WoW struggles with this still, and SWTOR pretty much nailed it out the gate.

2. The Warzones map design - The design on these is really good, and avoids giving undue advantage to anyone; to compare again, for the longest AV gave a huge advantage to the Horde, and even WSG had a few exploits for awhile.

4. The way the craft system works if you decide you want to pick a set of craft skills at 50, by then you can deploy 5 crew and have access to a lot more money if you do Ilum quests, so you can max out a new crew skill fast if you need to.

Except leveling in Warzones is stupidly slow after a certain level, the xp from WZ's scales badly into higher levels.

Alderaan's the only REAL pvp Warzone. Voidstar is a zerg fest, Huttball is Player vs. Fire/Poison Gas. Then you hit level 50 with no expertise gear and get stomped into the mud over and over again. But don't worry, you can buy bags that have a random chance of giving you something you need, but likely not.

Some nice scenic material for sure. Hoth is really nice, just an arctic desert -- cold, crystalline and tranquil. Voss is a right autumnal retreat; soothing. And Belsavis (that's the prison place, right?) has some nice places hidden away once you get away from the whole prison maze -- an outdoors ice cave, for instance, plus that big game of thrones-y ice wall has a kind of grandeur to it.

Then there's also the undergrowth, if that's what it's called. Flora? I'm not a garden thumper but for some reason I really like the plants on most planets. They liven up the place and cover what would otherwise look like horrible low-res textures (see Alderaan Civil War).

So yeah, some nice places for sure. It's a shame they're wasted on the random adventures of few when they could be the sites to epic RvR battles or even just cut out for warzones to add variety. Well, I guess I'm just more for carnage than exploration.

I agree on most of these points but I don't do war zones so I can't comment on them. I particularly agree though with #1 because it's my understanding that WOW's deformed mass of 14 classes is harder to balance than a unicycle on stills while one stilt is on a moving treadmill. Frankly my least favorite parts of the game are the chain load times and these forums.

How is it trolling to point out positives in the game? I fail to see your logic, sir.

There are some that would think it a troll (insult) to say that he can only find three things good and the main one being scenery.

It opens the thread up to others to post "more than I can find" hence the flame war starts with his initial "subtle" troll. I'd give it a 7/10 as a troll. It could have been maybe a 9 if hadn't of started out by saying it wasn't a troll. Lost most of the "subtlety" with :)that.