Update on cross server Q?

WalkinDead

I remember last year when they launched ranked warzones they also said shortly after that they would be working on cross-server Q's. There really hasn't been anything mentioned about it since then. I was wondering if the Dev team could give us an update is this something that is still in the works, or as he been forgotten about.

They did it was pre-launch. In one of the development videos.

wrong again they weren't talking about the boss fights they were talking about the mobs. You are refering to the quote where they say multiple heros attacking a single enemy. This quote is one of the most missquoted and missunderstood i have ever seen.

He goes on to say "that's not very heroic, a hero fighting against multiple enemies and barely making it through the encounter" He is very clearly talking about how almost every group you fight consists of 2 or more enemies. This interview is shown while a jedi knight fights regular mobs.

so no they never said you wouldn't be fighitng one boss.

wrong again they weren't talking about the boss fights they were talking about the mobs. You are refering to the quote where they say multiple heros attacking a single enemy. This quote is one of the most missquoted and missunderstood i have ever seen.

He goes on to say "that's not very heroic, a hero fighting against multiple enemies and barely making it through the encounter" He is very clearly talking about how almost every group you fight consists of 2 or more enemies. This interview is shown while a jedi knight fights regular mobs.

so no they never said you wouldn't be fighitng one boss.

I'll have to disagree with you there. Though if you want more examples I got tons.

1.) They said before that the expansion would be free - that changed

2.) The said before that the classes are mirrored many times - through countless patches to fix the incorrect information the fact is they weren't mirrors, but similar at best. Example the agent used to have like 30 seconds less on their mez than the smuggler

3.) They said before that the CE vendor on the fleet would get content now and then - it has only ever had one real update in a year - a tauntaun that is slightly different than the one they gave free to everybody at the same time

If you want more feel free to ask.

Edited by Brimmer

I'll have to disagree with you there. Though if you want more examples I got tons.

1.) They said before that the expansion would be free - that changed

2.) The said before that the classes are mirrored many times - through countless patches to fix the incorrect information the fact is they weren't mirrors, but similar at best. Example the agent used to have like 30 seconds less on their mez than the smuggler

3.) They said before that the CE vendor on the fleet would get content now and then - it has only ever had one real update in a year - a tauntaun that is slightly different than the one they gave free to everybody at the same time

If you want more feel free to ask.

how does any of that have anything to do with what they said about fighting multiple enemies? or are you just trying to change the subject?

heres the video

see where you were wrong?

Edited by jarjarloves

how does any of that have anything to do with what they said about fighting multiple enemies? or are you just trying to change the subject?

heres the video

see where you were wrong?

I swear only people that can't read reply to my comments, I guess it's my role in life to educate this lot.

What I said in my post:

They also said we would never have a whole raid fighting a single boss but that clearly didn't stay true. Facts change over time, which is one of the largest reasons you don't see dev replies often.

The whole point is saying that devs will say one thing then do something completely different later on. It's something players typically get used to over time.

Edited by Brimmer

I swear only people that can't read reply to my comments, I guess it's my role in life to educate this lot.

What I said in my post:

They also said we would never have a whole raid fighting a single boss but that clearly didn't stay true. Facts change over time, which is one of the largest reasons you don't see dev replies often.

The whole point is saying that devs will say one thing then do something completely different later on. It's something players typically get used to over time.

I never said that they don't change their mind. Every game developer has to change things.

I said you missquoted them and they never said that you woudln't be fighting one boss during raids. I explained where you were wrong and even showed you the video.

I was helping you by explaining that you were wrong about the quote you missread.

Holy apologist, batman.

If he misinterpreted that video, then so did the entire frelling industry.

In any case... there will be no cross server queue, they dont have the "tech". Unless they can charge you 505 cartel coins for it, in which case it'll be in on wednesday.

I think their real plan is just to stick it out until there is only one server per type and say, Done.

Edited by Polebreaker

Whatever, still they actually NEVER said they were adding cross server queing and such.

What they DID say, was that they did discuss it. That is ALL they said about it. Gladly, so far there are no cross-server mechanics, and with the exception of epic server vs server battles, I hope there never will be any cross-server whatevers either.

Common misconceptions about cross-server systems:

1. It reduces queuetimes.

No they don't, except during off-hours like 5 AM, for flashpoints most people skip anyway. There is no magic server full of tanks and healers and severely lacking DPS anywhere. Throw 20 servers together, and you'll still suffer the same tank shortage and the same healer shortage, and the queues will still be as long as ever, since despite there being 20 times as many tanks and healers as before, there's also 20 times as many DPS waiting in line for a group to pop up in front of you. In the best case scenario, it's even worse on your server than on the others, making the avarage queuetime slightly lower for your server, while increasing it for other servers.

There's actually a big chance for the queuetimes to increase, since more tanks and healers are "encouraged" to go guild-only instead of pugging with randoms who have no issue needing on the healers' offhand, eventhough they're of an entirely different class.

2. It won't affect the servers' community

Suuuuuure it won't. Just take a good look around you. All those people you meet when pugging now, will become faceless henchmen. Even IF They're from the same server and get assigned to your group, you won't even notice, and won't even care.

3. But warzone queues should at least pop up faster

Those already take less than 10 minutes to pop, usually less than 3 minutes. It's basically a waste of money for a very marginal gain. To encourage more people to move on to the ranked warzones, they can always take the commendation exchange out, making ranked warzones the only means of getting ranked gear.

I never said that they don't change their mind. Every game developer has to change things.

I said you missquoted them and they never said that you woudln't be fighting one boss during raids. I explained where you were wrong and even showed you the video.

I was helping you by explaining that you were wrong about the quote you missread.

Disagree, if you haven't noticed nothing you can say will change that.

Edited by Brimmer