Population Growth..

KeeferE

We assume that since BioWare won’t really tell us population info and other stats, that those statistics are likely based on xfire user info gained from the xfire chat client. It would only represent xfire users that play SWTOR, so it’s a very small sample.

However, from this we can see that SWTOR saw a jump when it went free to play and if it stays this way for the next few days and even weeks, then that is a good sign that the game is gaining momentum. If you’re not new to SWTOR and you’ve been around since the beginning (or at least for some time now), this still benefits you.

More players means more people to do things with and it also means more money and resources being put into making the game great. So seeing that graph climb more and more over the next few days and weeks will give us some indication that the new free to play model did create a burst in the game.

While there was already a slight climb before the 16th, we definitely see that the f2p release correlated with a huge climb in the charts. What do you think- will the increase continue for SWTOR?

Read more at http://www.swtorstrategies.com/2012/11/xfire-charts-show-swtor-on-the-rise.html#kyHQXJ79k8guhm8X.99

While there was already a slight climb before the 16th, we definitely see that the f2p release correlated with a huge climb in the charts. What do you think- will the increase continue for SWTOR?

Read more at http://www.swtorstrategies.com/2012/11/xfire-charts-show-swtor-on-the-rise.html#kyHQXJ79k8guhm8X.99

All I can say is that it isn't "bad news", which is definitely a plus in my books given the terrible stream of bad news since March, 2012! ;).

I'd agree we can't really read too much into the overall population based on this ("I've never heard of X-fire or whatever and none of the IRL people I know who play it either").

Thank you for posting some "not bad news" :).

- Arcada

i am a subscriber . but i got a few of my friends to join for f2p to see t heir reactions to the game. as of now i would say the f2p is kind of a bit to restrictive in someways. and many f2p just play till the buy unlock at cartel market opens up twice . and then they go back to guild wars :-p. but i really hope the population increases with this. i will stick to this game and i hope it lasts for a while . love the story and the community so far.I also think it would be realyl nice if they designed quite a few new armors. than recoloring the old once :-). And i never understood why people leave the game complaining about not enough content. if you make 4 charecters each in empire and republic with alternating classes the amount of content is stagering. have been playing since launch and i havnt finished all the storys yet :-p . 5. 50s so far and more to come :-).