Ep 7 should just skip ahead to Yuuzhan Vong invasion

AhsokaTanorules

I'd actually would be interested in seeing them jump to the Legacy of the Force book series. It would put the actors in the right age group for their roles in the books and would welcome in a whole new era of actors to play those characters for years to come. I'd love to see a new set of actors come in and portray the Solo Twins and all the rest! That in MY mind would make for great movies for years to come.

I'm hoping that when Lucas approved all the EU books, he made sure to keep his original ideas for Ep 7-12 intact. I'm thinking that we'll see something in the midst or right after everything that has been written, and hope that the new movies will properly take the EU into account. Otherwise, Disney and (yet again) Lucas will have a lot of P-O'ed fans.

I'm hoping that when Lucas approved all the EU books, he made sure to keep his original ideas for Ep 7-12 intact.

Lucas didn't approve EU. In fact, there's a quote on Wookieepedia in which he says something to the effect of, "Howard goes a bit overboard." as well as how he doesn't recognize the EU as part of his universe.

Personally I hope vong get retconned out of existence.

Really EU, couldnt do better than regurgitating the done to death "3rd super duper faction pops in to conquer all" scenario and the SW version of the borg? Really?

Totally agreed. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PowerNullifier

And the instances of ridiculously powerful Force effects diminished its value. It's a never-ending chain of Power Creep, which is not compelling or mildly interesting.

On the other hand, the effects of Power as played out in KotOR 2 was quite interesting. The intense power at Malacor V was an abomination against the nature of the universe, and the objective (story-wise, not mechanic-wise) was to settle the echoes rather than simply get stronger and beat up the evil dudes. It's a story about humanity and our emotions, and what it means to be at peace with the Force. That makes the Force compelling rather than a http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/InfinityPlusOneSword

Once again, shouldn't be EP7 of a completed story. Do an Old Republic story trilogy, or a handful of Stand Alone features. Because frankly, I still wanna see a story about the first Mandalore, the one that unified the clans. That would be an epic tale. Not clone Sid. Not Clone Vader. Not the Vong or Luke's drug-sucking Grandson. Mandalore the First, ladies and gentlebeings. That's what we need.

My understanding was that Lucas did have quite a say in what happened in the EU, and it was he that decided to kill off Anakin, so my money is that while things in the EU didn't go quite the way he would have done it, the general direction of EU is "correct".

Anyways, my expectation is that the new trilogy will be after the current books, i.e. ~40 years after Return.

So no Vong, No Mara, No Jacen. Main characters probably Jaina, possibly Ben, Possibly Allana. (think that's Jacen's daughters name?)

• 3 weeks later...
Nuff said. Thrawn isn't epic enough, Dark Empire's ressurection of Palpatine is lame. Seeing as how Disney handled the whole alien invasion thing in Avenegrs I think this would make it epic.

OK THIS IS A SERIOUS OFFENCE QUOTED ABOVE, THRAWN IS THE DEFENITION OF EPIC. However i agree that the Vong invasion would also be (almost) as epic as a Blue skinned art lover who kicks the galactic power in the face (metaphor for those who are looking for something to troll about). "Nuff said" :D

My understanding was that Lucas did have quite a say in what happened in the EU, and it was he that decided to kill off Anakin, so my money is that while things in the EU didn't go quite the way he would have done it, the general direction of EU is "correct".

Anyways, my expectation is that the new trilogy will be after the current books, i.e. ~40 years after Return.

So no Vong, No Mara, No Jacen. Main characters probably Jaina, possibly Ben, Possibly Allana. (think that's Jacen's daughters name?)

Lucas Ignored the EU in the PT so why he shouldn't do it in a ST ?

Also they will never use the EU as base for a new Movie. there are to much things for someone, who never read 1 book from the EU. There are so much things, which a newbi wouldn't understand, like what to hell is a Vong, why there is a good empire, why is there everything so completly differed?

The easiest thing for a newbi would be in the time betwen OT and ST is nothing realy importend happend. There is a new Republic and all was happy until whatever hapen what ever happen in the new Trillogie.

There arent enough people that you can make 3 big movie only for ppl who had rad all books.