PvP Objective: Cantina Tour San Diego [Pistols QA Session]

Pistols

I created a thread nearly a month ago (here), in regards to the Cantina Tour in San Diego, and my hopes of getting some more PvP info to the community. Specifically, what the vast majority wanted to see answered, but with a special focus on Ranked play. We all know how frustrating this game has been towards the PvP gameplay, and I've done just about all the forum chest thumping I could possibly do in order to see this gameplay get better, but for the first time in my MMO life I will be getting some face to face dialogue with the gaming representitives.

Initially I asked for a Top 10, but I plan to keep it to a solid 5 issues/questions, because I doubt they're going to have time for 10 questions. I also prefer to have 5 issues/questions answered thoroughly, as opposed to 10 generic quick answers. Please note, they may not be able to answer in full detail the 5 issues/questions that will be asked, but I will do whatever it takes to push the Ranked questions to the max. So without further delay, this will be the 5 issues/question I touch on, but I welcome any feedback on the list since we just got some news from the "Summer of SWTOR" thread yesterday (especially Arenas).

Ranked Warzone Gameplay

Season One via 2.4? Ladder system via team ELO? DC'd players fix? X-server forever alone? (And more)

General Warzone Gameplay

Additional maps? Match-making system possible? Bolster, where does it stand now?

Class Balance/Bugs Gameplay

With arenas soon, any class tweaks/changes/fixes, if any? GS/Sniper "Roll-banging" immediate fix? Ability delay/GCD misfire?

Arenas Gameplay

How many maps? All TDM based? Will Arenas and Ranked be developed equally? Rewards?

World PvP Gameplay

Any chance for more Gree type events to help encourage more PvP? Can we expect anything that focuses on OWPvP?

This happens tomorrow, July 18th at 7PM, I'll be flying back down to my old stomping grounds around noon. Feel free to touch on anything, comment, etc here and I will keep a list handy. I have other tidbits I haven't listed, but I don't want everyone to think they're going to make a lot of time for one person. Lot of people frequent these greets, so I'm sure my time will be very limited. I'll do my best to garner information for the PvP community, because I think you all deserve it.

Pistols

Edited by Pistols

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you ask them why the details they released for the "PvP" patch were mostly PvE related?

And when they'll be elaborating on the "more information" that they mentioned?

Good work Pistols. My suggestion is to be assertive, and stick to the point. I've heard that they like to deflect questions and dodge concrete answers.

Edited by Morde_

Good work Pistols. My suggestion is to be assertive, and stick to the point. I've heard that they like to deflect questions and dodge concrete answers.

I'll be stacking over 9,000 Power, Crit & Accuracy...

:p

Done. Did you mean RP or LARP? :cool:

Roleplay is much more personal than LARP'ing, but I do enjoy some good cybz too!

Edited by Pistols

I'm sorry but as a person who has designed computer software and a software engineer. You will almost never get a concrete answer from a developer that would be like signing your own death certificate. I think we had a whole class on giving people vague answers in college. If they give concrete answers and miss benchmarks they are damned.

I'm sorry but as a person who has designed computer software and a software engineer. You will almost never get a concrete answer from a developer that would be like signing your own death certificate. I think we had a whole class on giving people vague answers in college. If they give concrete answers and miss benchmarks they are damned.

I agree with that, but truthfully I'm looking for direction in the above areas mentioned, not so much "gimme direct confirmation now or else" approach lol. I think a lot of what I want to touch-on has been something that has been discussed for well over a year, so the benchmarks are pretty much moot anyways, least to most. Anything we can gleam PvP wise is an added bonus, no matter how small, and with 2.4 around the corner I figure why not give it a try.

:rak_03:

I'm also a developer, and I understand this, but from what I've heard about these meet and greets, they take "vague answers" to a whole new level.

It should be reasonable to expect SOME sort of more detailed 2.4 forecasting.

Edited by Morde_

PvP content release schedule? After 2.4, should we expect 2.8 to be the next pvp update?

this. a bazillion times this

we need to know if the devs think that 2.4 is "enough for now", or if they are going to start doing little PvP changes/additions in more patches.

one "huge" (and thats yet to be determined) PvP oriented update a year isnt really enough imo.

Edited by cashogy_reborn

Can you add the leap bug into #3? I'd say roll/wall bang, GCD error, and leap are the three most common and noteworthy bugs.

I'd take my 6-7 man warzones (Mostly fixed!), stuck areas and issues, and medal-less backfill and chew them happily if they can address those three.

Go take more classes, specifically designed around positioning (as in, conversational positioning, not combat). You can give direct, honest answers to your customers/clients with the proper wording, still **** it up, and have them love you for it because you are not giving them the perception of you being indifferent of their concerns.

Guess what I do for a living?

Apple is a great example of a company who uses those principles to benefit their company.

balancing is a huge part of what needs to be answered: dps pts, non-smash sents, merc heals, snipers op, ops op, etc etc.

also ask them if there is actually any new pvp content in this mostly pve patch other than arenas, because im 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% (100%) sure that the stuff we havent been told about is anything to hang their hats on, and if im right (if lol) they better reconsider all the hype they spewed all summer about this HUGE HUGE HUGE pvp patch