Crafting Mat's for sale! Does anyone buy them.

James-Forge

Hi All,

I am not really interested in crafting so i am taking gathering skills and selling the resources to those who do like to do it.

I was just wondering if anyone buys mats at all. I know the GTN has loads on there, but without sales statistics i wouldn't have a clue on if that's just the same stock being relisted.

Any advice ?

~ James-Forge

If the price is right, I buy as many mats as I can. Most items are massively overpriced on the GTN though. I ignore those offers. As a rule of thumb: If I can get it cheaper by running gathering missions myself, I won't buy it. I'm quite sure I'm not the only one who does it like this.

If the price is right, I buy as many mats as I can. Most items are massively overpriced on the GTN though. I ignore those offers. As a rule of thumb: If I can get it cheaper by running gathering missions myself, I won't buy it. I'm quite sure I'm not the only one who does it like this.

I am always on the lookout for deals. I usually have sufficient supplies of materials that I rarely need to buy them off the GTN. However, there is also the balancing act of time. The fact of the matter is that with the exception of blue quality mission skill materials chances are you can ALWAYS get materials cheaper than the GTN by running missions...even gathering skills. that said, running missions and gathering from the field takes time and/or effort. So, if I "need" materials right away, I am more inclined to spend the credits to get them right away.

A rare occurrence, but it happens.

Just a heads up, in next three weeks, there will be two crafting conquests, so mats will probably rise in price.

I'm usually not buying, but dedicate an hour of farming, once per week, so I usually have all the mats I need. There is always jawa junk, to supplement the farming.

As has been stated, and to directly answer the question in the title, yes, people buy them.

The market will depend upon your server, of course, as well as the price you set.

If you want to try and set up a business of some sort then I suggest that you start a thread in the proper server forum advertising your services.

Posting such a thing here is fairly useless. Most players will be on a different server and so could not do business even if they wanted to.

Again though, you should be able to just sell whatever materials you have on the GTN without needing to advertise for business.