Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Feeling that Pyro PT Will Get Left Behind...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Vanguard / Powertech
Feeling that Pyro PT Will Get Left Behind...

OlosBC
02.11.2013 , 10:36 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Sosajoshua View Post
TD is hardly a waste of heat or dps its an additional burst hit that can average 4.5k in a single blast. Plus it cost the same heat as Flameburst. Its not like IM which cost 25 heat then I may agree but not completin the tree for an extra 1% fire damage and 3% aim? Believe me i'd love if that ability was first tier but it doesnt make such a difference in our dps. Just to show this is my opening rotation:
(TSO>IM>ExplosiveFuel>TD>FB>RP>RailShot) and I can open with 1900dps with this rotation so where is the problem? What i just did was drop some dots that i easily refresh and hit with high burst. The only problem would be if my FB does not proc my RS quick enough. That is the only problem yo Pyrotechs and it can make you waste heat. Think of TD as the definite burst hit since using RS without proc is just dumb
That's a pretty bad opener.

Try doing a rail right after the IM and not use TD until after your second rail. You're basically trading a rail shot for a TD as you have it now.
Olos - 55 Hybrid Powertech
Fonia - 55 Madness Sorceror
<Dark Fury> of Jedi Covenant
Previously Fonia and Daygoru of Tempest server in SWG.

Sosajoshua
02.11.2013 , 11:30 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by OlosBC View Post
That's a pretty bad opener.

Try doing a rail right after the IM and not use TD until after your second rail. You're basically trading a rail shot for a TD as you have it now.
Why rail when no proc? Not that i dont see what you are saying just why no wait til its procced so its free. Granted my TD would be the same as me RS early but id like to have it free so it doesnt cost. And ive never had a problem with my opener nor do I see it as a bad one. Besides using RS later after its procced gives it increased damage from my CGC, the burning effect that would not yet be applied if its my second move in my rotation. Essentially, using RS after IM and then using it late with proc and then TD is just an extra 16heat cost. With my rotation i have an early cost of 16heat from TD but my subsequent RS are all free and Id only use TD again when my heat is low to not overheat.

On a side note: why do people use flamethrower in single-target ops fights?
<A Wretched Hive> Jedi Covenant Rhaegis, Madness Sorcerer / Youngdragon, Advanced Proto-tech / Kha'leesi, Engineering Sniper / Dragonbane, Vengence Juggernaut

OlosBC
02.11.2013 , 12:16 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Sosajoshua View Post
Why rail when no proc? Not that i dont see what you are saying just why no wait til its procced so its free. Granted my TD would be the same as me RS early but id like to have it free so it doesnt cost. And ive never had a problem with my opener nor do I see it as a bad one. Besides using RS later after its procced gives it increased damage from my CGC, the burning effect that would not yet be applied if its my second move in my rotation. Essentially, using RS after IM and then using it late with proc and then TD is just an extra 16heat cost. With my rotation i have an early cost of 16heat from TD but my subsequent RS are all free and Id only use TD again when my heat is low to not overheat.

On a side note: why do people use flamethrower in single-target ops fights?
The only thing better than rail without proc is rail with proc. And since rail without proc only delays proccing another by the 1gcd cast, its beneficial to cast and then immediately try for a proc in your opener, returning to a boss, or after a long string of bad ppa luck. Even without the extra DMG from cgc dot, its still better than TD and costs less (8 heat refunded if target is burning).

Flamethrower and dfa are heat-management abilities, as they cost less than 2 flame burst and do similar damage. I don't bother with them on movement heavy fights/phases, but if there's time to stand still I like them.

Sosajoshua
02.11.2013 , 01:34 PM | #44
Alright then. Ill test out the early RS in my rotation and see what the difference is between that and my normal rotation. And yeah I just dont see the use in casting flamethrower unless I do it for AoE damage and thats mainly on trash. A guildy does it a lot on ops fights and i just see it as unnecessary since its one of our high heat cost moves
<A Wretched Hive> Jedi Covenant Rhaegis, Madness Sorcerer / Youngdragon, Advanced Proto-tech / Kha'leesi, Engineering Sniper / Dragonbane, Vengence Juggernaut

OlosBC
02.11.2013 , 01:57 PM | #45
As long as it doesn't put you over 40 heat, you regent 15 of the 25 cost while channeling, so its really not that expensive. Its kinda a wash though. Only does a bit more damage than FB+RpS. I'm used to flamethrower after tanking for so long.

Sosajoshua
02.20.2013 , 09:39 AM | #46
So i tried out what you said during a Tanks ECHM fight and my DPS increased slightly but i did get the quicker heat venting because of the early RS so idk if i will formally switch to that in my rotation but at least i tried and saw i did slightly better