Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Competition from Disney

tharbison
12.17.2013 , 02:26 PM | #11
Wow sweet! Thnink I can choose Goofy for my co-pilot?!

-KeggER-
12.17.2013 , 02:48 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
That's just a trailer, not actual gameplay though. Actually looks pretty decent imo
Keggr - Pot5 [Def Squad] Imperial GSF Pilot / BH

PEW PEW to KILL

TUXs
12.17.2013 , 02:59 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by -KeggER- View Post
That's just a trailer, not actual gameplay though. Actually looks pretty decent imo
To each their own. It looks like any other tablet app imo. Crappy graphics, lousy and unresponsive controls and meant to entertain for 10-15min, not hours on end.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Nethgilne
12.17.2013 , 03:45 PM | #14
I'm not convinced that those are actual gameplay screens. Either way this game looks like its still very far away from seeing the light of day. Still I'm surprised that Disney would give this project to such a small development team.

DarthSabreth
12.17.2013 , 06:14 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Yeah...doesn't quite look the same tbh. May be a fun flash game for kids, but hardly competition to this.
the graphix look fine. also the game has all of the ships we love from tie fighter CD / Xwing CD I loved the tie advanced
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .

-KeggER-
12.17.2013 , 06:31 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSabreth View Post
the graphix look fine. also the game has all of the ships we love from tie fighter CD / Xwing CD I loved the tie advanced
T/A is ftw!
Keggr - Pot5 [Def Squad] Imperial GSF Pilot / BH

PEW PEW to KILL

overmanwarrior
12.17.2013 , 07:00 PM | #17
I love Star Wars genre space combat. Maybe my expectations of the GSF are too high. I played SWG for the JTL, and was really bummed to see it go away. Instead of shooting down all these suggestions by pilot enthusiasts like myself, take what suggestions they do have and make this game better. I'd hate to see the que times even longer due to people not playing it anymore. Looks like Disney is working on something big, that's free to play.... http://www.starwarsattacksquadrons.com
Thanks for bringing this up. I signed up for the Beta Test. I love the customization of the ships, at least the way they are selling it. It reminds me of the way people are painting their ships in X-Wing Miniatures. It looks like Disney is paying attention, and is trying to deliver what people want.

It looks like a fun free game, the graphics are probably OK--but I don't think it will come close to Galactic Starfighter. It sort of looks like an Angry Birds version of GS. But, I'll play it likely for countless hours--because I love that kind of thing.
May the Force be with you!
Rich

www.overmanwarrior.com

Vis-Tecum
12.18.2013 , 03:54 AM | #18
Looks like Disney is working on something big, that's free to play.... http://www.starwarsattacksquadrons.com
browser based f2p pvp only from a brand new company made up mostly of ex sierra online and some smart bomb staff that just started in june / july 2013 at area 52. a studio that is not even fully staffed yet and still looking for major dev roles and has no experience working with Disney / lucus arts

and you think that's "something big" or will even be competition for Galactic starfighter knowing zero about the game except a few talking points some screen shots and a bad trailer???
Just go riding right by me on the crest of the new wave

Hitomo_x
12.18.2013 , 04:02 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by overmanwarrior View Post
It reminds me of the way people are painting their ships in X-Wing Miniatures. It looks like Disney is paying attention, and is trying to deliver what people want.
because painting your ship is one of the more importent aspects of space.fighting games right?

it should look like star.conflict but instead it Looks even worse then GSF, wich is using an more
efficient then pretty style of graphics due to the limitations of the MMO engine

edit: if its indeed browser based that would explain the poor graphics^^

no, just go by this rule, the pics and vids they use on the Homepage to draw Attention
to the game are always edited and carefully selected to make the best Impression
even if the actual game cant hold up to the promises of the Advertising material

look at the stuff they have at the attack.squadron side,
and now imagine the Quality and look of the actual game
if the edited promo material is already as pathetic as it is on their side

Laurreth
12.18.2013 , 05:44 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Nethgilne View Post
I'm not convinced that those are actual gameplay screens.
If the shots on the official site aren't gameplay, someone did a really lousy job. It reminds a bit of that weird "Wing Commander" themed abomination that EA pushed to XBLAH.
I like how the whining about "censored" butts started instantly but it took 2 days for someone to notice the legs are also ****ed up rantboi