I've given up on Flash Points and Operations.

LFG stuff, anyways.

I can't get a single Flash Point and the only Operation I could get into broke up due to healers and tanks DCing.

I 'get' that it's late in the expansion, I do get that. But, I'm really really new to the endgame scene right now. People should expect to 'see' new players in Tionese and blue off-set pieces. I realize it's not the same as a BH-geared DPS, but surely it's good enough?

Instead, I get ridiculed, mocked, and straight up not-healed by LFG healers until I die and then left without a Res. All because I'm not as well geared as the rest of them.

I'm just glad that HC is around the corner. I'm done doing endgame stuff until I hit 55 and can actually get a chance to gear up at the start of an expansion.

Done ranting.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bro, if your 50 then you can do end game now. Dont let a bunch of ******* discourage you. You just need to find a group of folks that overlooks that crap and actually helps you out on the gear progression. In most cases, its not easy. With ROTHC coming out, its going to be even harder with com limits and all.

hmm... i dont think healers or tanks make a differentiation when doing HM flashpoints. its really not an issue for a tionese geared player in those... if you aren't getting heals it might be something else...

He is a dps and complains about not getting healed?

A dps should not even need to be healed much in most flashpoints, except sometimes very rarely.

If you are constantly needing to be healed as a dps, you are doing something wrong. And it has nothing to do with the gear.

Actually, that could well be a tank problem too.

This late though, I (always) would suggest joining a guild that will take you through endgame material instead of pugging it. People have done these fights for 8 months and get frustrated when someone new comes in.

Find a guild.

I will often remove a dps from group as tank/heal (or leave myself), but only if they have at least one of the two following problems:

1.) Gear: Should be full tionese, and at least recruit in the off pieces. If there are any greens/blues (other than recruit) I will votekick immediately. Wrong spec gear is a similar reason. (same applies with Columi gear for LI)

2.) Rotation: Tionese gear is only enough if you actually know your class and rotation. If I see a dps using a garbage rotation, that would also be grounds for removal in my opinion.

One suggestion for you if you feel the tank/healer are leaving due to your gear is to quickly announce at the beginning of the FP that you are a new 50, but you know what you are doing and parse at least xxxx (make sure its a good number and you can actually hit it) on the ops dummy. Most of the players who would otherwise be intolerant of crappy gear will respect the fact that you know your rotations and parse your fights.

I will often remove a dps from group as tank/heal (or leave myself), but only if they have at least one of the two following problems:

1.) Gear: Should be full tionese, and at least recruit in the off pieces. If there are any greens/blues (other than recruit) I will votekick immediately. Wrong spec gear is a similar reason. (same applies with Columi gear for LI)

2.) Rotation: Tionese gear is only enough if you actually know your class and rotation. If I see a dps using a garbage rotation, that would also be grounds for removal in my opinion.

One suggestion for you if you feel the tank/healer are leaving due to your gear is to quickly announce at the beginning of the FP that you are a new 50, but you know what you are doing and parse at least xxxx (make sure its a good number and you can actually hit it) on the ops dummy. Most of the players who would otherwise be intolerant of crappy gear will respect the fact that you know your rotations and parse your fights.

I can understand why you'd be annoyed at poor gear, but I don't understand the second comment. If someone is using a bad rotation, mention it and say they could do better by using xyz. They'll thank you then as will other people later on.

When I was a completely fresh 50 I'd just say I was new and nothing more. Everyone is new at some point. If they are so intolerant of tionese then that isnt the group you want to be part of.

OP - join a guild. You'll have s lot more fun and raids will be far more productive.

Don't let a handful of morons ruin your game experience. Yes there are going to be some *******es out there that will treat you like garbage because you aren't geared the way they want you to be, but at the same time there are lots of people out there understanding and willing to help newer players through. We were all there at some point anyways...right?

You just have to be patient and sometimes put up with the crap before you find a good group. My suggestion would be to find a guild that participates in end-game content that is willing to help you along the way (if you don't have one already). Keep up with your daily missions to make a steady income of credits, daily commendations, and black hole comms from the weeklies (section x and black hole). Tier 26 and 27 mods/enhancements/armorings are becoming increasingly cheap now that the expansion is close to dropping, so you could invest in some high tier gear to improve yourself steadily. Either that or find a cybertech willing to craft them for you from the materials since the mats are typically cheaper to buy than the mods themselves. Best of luck to you.

I'm not lvl 50 for long, I¨ve played just some hm FPs so far and daily missions/heroic missions. I don't consider myself perfect player and I did a couple of mistakes, but I've only met wonderful people so far who always answered my questions and didn't call me out for anything once, let alone kick me. That seems to be almost unimaginable according my experience :) I'm on Progenitor, very nice people there.

Btw. that rotation thing mentioned above seems to be a bit too harsh. Of course everybody has some system of abilites he use based on his experience. But in HM FPs there is no reason IMO to worry about that because they are actually not that hard.

Edited by zzoorrzz

As other have stated join a guild for Operations. Period....GF is very hit and miss when it comes to Operations and it is largely miss.

As to random flashpoints. No clue, I will heal anyone that needs it in a HM FP. I don't care about gear or rotation, with the exception of HM LI (which is another I thing I only do with guild members). all the rest I don't mind people not geared or people still learning rotation.. I like to think (and have) out healed any fresh 50 mistake in a HM FP short of them falling off a platform. Expecting people to be great without seeing HMFP is just asking for disappointment.

Learn your rotation, learn your defensive cooldowns, learn kill order and don't stand in AOE's and you learn that you don't need much healing in a HMFP. Now if you were pulling ahead of the tank, then the tank and the healer may have just not tanked or healed for you. I don't do that unless the tank ask me to do it and then only after I warn the dps.

Edited by mikebevo

He is a dps and complains about not getting healed?

A dps should not even need to be healed much in most flashpoints, except sometimes very rarely.

If you are constantly needing to be healed as a dps, you are doing something wrong. And it has nothing to do with the gear.

I did Eternity Vault or whatever its called last night, my first Operation ever, i am in tionese gear and player pointed me to the pvp stuff that gave me better implants and a better earpiece and it helped, i got hurt alot, but i also got healed, i guess you got carried through everything then, cause dps do get hurt, its called 'aoe' and other boss stuff.

I never had a problem ,but i was smart enough to get into a good guild, guild runs tend to be more maturity, unlike the LFG groups, that seem to be full of 'a single wipe and give up mentality.

I did Eternity Vault or whatever its called last night, my first Operation ever,
Big difference in a Operation and a HMFP, but yeah everyone needs healing (says the healer). However, I have done many HM FP without a healer or tank, just 4 dps running around killing everything fast. I would not even attempt that even in SM EV. Edited by mikebevo

I'm not lvl 50 for long, I¨ve played just some hm FPs so far and daily missions/heroic missions. I don't consider myself perfect player and I did a couple of mistakes, but I've only met wonderful people so far who always answered my questions and didn't call me out for anything once, let alone kick me. That seems to be almost unimaginable according my experience :) I'm on Progenitor, very nice people there.

Btw. that rotation thing mentioned above seems to be a bit too harsh. Of course everybody has some system of abilites he use based on his experience. But in HM FPs there is no reason IMO to worry about that because they are actually not that hard.

Rotation is only important for less geared people or certain classes. Of course a full 63 sniper can do decent dps with just snipe/ambush, but if the same sniper is in tionese your group will be slow. Or if a deception sin only uses maul, you will also have issues.

I did Eternity Vault or whatever its called last night, my first Operation ever, i am in tionese gear and player pointed me to the pvp stuff that gave me better implants and a better earpiece and it helped, i got hurt alot, but i also got healed, i guess you got carried through everything then, cause dps do get hurt, its called 'aoe' and other boss stuff.

I never had a problem ,but i was smart enough to get into a good guild, guild runs tend to be more maturity, unlike the LFG groups, that seem to be full of 'a single wipe and give up mentality.

In regards to EV AoEs unless the tank isn't doing his job, the ONLY AoE that should be hitting you is on the 1st boss (big droid). If Gharj is smashing you then either you as a ranged dps then you're doing it wrong (as a melee unless you have Force Speed or Intercede then you can't avoid it. (Boss 3-4 don't have an AoE). Soa's AoE on the 1st level is one you should never get hit by and the Pillar smash should never hit anyone either (yes, even the tank).

So, tldr: the only AoE in EV that should hit you (if you're a ranged dps) is on the first boss.

Edited by AshlaBoga

I did Eternity Vault or whatever its called last night, my first Operation ever, ...

i got hurt alot, but i also got healed,

Can you read? I said flashpoints, not operations. With very few exceptions, in most flashpoints even though there are some, there are far fewer things that are designed to damage the whole group.

As for EV, a lot more of that AOE damage you suffered can be avoided than you think. Learn to play.

But really when a dps player posts stuff like this:

Instead, I get ridiculed, mocked, and straight up not-healed by LFG healers until I die and then left without a Res.

The first thing that comes to mind is some ninja pulling dps (typically sentinel) who constantly rushes ahead of the rest of the group and jumps into new enemy mobs before the tank has pulled causing the whole pack to attack him, then expecting to be healed through it or expecting the tank to have aggro before the tank is even there.

Second thing that comes to mind is some dps (again most typically sentinel) who stands still on some easily avoidable aoe damage thing that he could have simply just moved out of, and then blames the healer after killing himself with his own stupidity.

In both cases no healer with brains would waste energy in a futile attempt to try to save a dps like that. And any mocking and ridicule he gets is well deserved. It has nothing to do with gear at that point.

I have never seen anyone mock or ridicule or refuse to heal a tionese geared dps who plays smart.

(perhaps one exception might be that SOME people don't look kindly to random pugs who join Lost Island hardmode in tionese or worse)

Oh and almost forgot...

i guess you got carried through everything then, cause dps do get hurt, its called 'aoe' and other boss stuff.

Well you guessed wrong.

And actually you got carried through by overpowered healers because you got hurt "alot" and needed "alot" of healing.

I can do EV as a dps without needing "alot" of healing. While I might need some healing from healers, I only need a minimal amount of healing.

Oh, by the way... one more thing

the ONLY AoE that should be hitting you is on the 1st boss (big droid).

Even though most people don't use this tactic anymore (but remember the good old days), as most people now prefer to just aoe heal through it now, actually the aoe from the first boss can also be avoided almost completely, especially on storymode, by hiding behind the towers left by the 2 turrets you destroy before the boss appears.

Oh, by the way... one more thing

Even though most people don't use this tactic anymore (but remember the good old days), as most people now prefer to just aoe heal through it now, actually the aoe from the first boss can also be avoided almost completely, especially on storymode, by hiding behind the towers left by the 2 turrets you destroy before the boss appears.

True. Back then if any dps got hit by an AoE at any point I'd point it out to them afterwards so they could improve. Of course, in the good old days no one bothered min-maxing because you'd have to spend 16 weeks doing HM EV (since HM KP was only 1 boss).

I do NOT miss Dec '11/Jan '12, especially the repair bills (ugh, remember when dying at level 36 cost you 9k?).

In both cases no healer with brains would waste energy in a futile attempt to try to save a dps like that.
Funny I thought the healers role was to heal. Silly me

Sorry, but it does not take 1/2 a brain to know that living dps out damages dead dps. I will heal anyone, anytime…Period...As a healer, my job is to heal the tank, myself and then dps and to practice good energy management so that I have the ability to keep the tank on his/her feet at all times. I will prioritize DPS. The one playing smart will get healed before the one standing in Lava, but I will heal both unless it is killing my energy and thus hurting my ability to keep the tank on his/her feet. I understand that even bad dps is going to (usually) produce more damage than me, so for a smooth fast run healing people through mistakes is my priority. I will make respectful comments and suggestions, but I am not there to force anyone to do it my way. So they can take or leave my advice, if they can’t handle respectful advice and get over defensive, then I will let them be and ignore. I will still healing them through the rest of the instances though, my job isn’t to teach those that don’t want to be taught a lesson (that they will not learn), my job is to heal.

... which is too bad. This kind of elitist snobbery - insulting newer players, telling them to 'lrn2play', berating them for not knowing the 'proper order' of their attacks, etc.. - this kind of garbage will absolutely drive me out of the game (and people like me).

Game designers/Devs, take note - choosing this path of designing the game to be unfriendly to casual players will be the end of the game, and good riddance.

Making the game so sensitive to not using the proper, perfect attack rotation is both petty and boooring. I have better things to do than play a game that requires me to 'become an expert' at it - or with players that insist on the same.

But whatever - if the game becomes dominated by this attitude, I guess I'll have to go elsewhere to get insulted by supercilious morons.

OP - find some friendly people to play with. Don't stand for abuse from others. It's just a fricking game people.

... which is too bad. This kind of elitist snobbery - insulting newer players, telling them to 'lrn2play', berating them for not knowing the 'proper order' of their attacks, etc.. - this kind of garbage will absolutely drive me out of the game (and people like me).

Game designers/Devs, take note - choosing this path of designing the game to be unfriendly to casual players will be the end of the game, and good riddance.

Wait, did you just blame the developers for the player community's behavior?

What is this I don't even

Edited by cidbahamut

OP, are you sure you are going through the progression properly? Turn on your LFG for HM FPs and Story Mode Ops and leave it on while you do your Dailies. Dailies are important for rakata implants and earpieces, and for decent PvE relics; and you can buy high levels mods with the cash.

You can also select just Lost Island Story mode. Do not do hard mode without seeing it once in story mode.

From these endeavors you will get black hole comms and columi gear. Once you are columi/black hole, you can start doing Hard Mode EV/KP and Story Mode EC. Once you are Rakata/Black Hole, you can do Story Mode TFB and Hard Mode EC.

By the way, you only have a week. Get going.

Making the game so sensitive to not using the proper, perfect attack rotation is both petty and boooring. I have better things to do than play a game that requires me to 'become an expert' at it - or with players that insist on the same.
There is nothing saying anyone has to become a expert at anything, you can get through any solo content in the game without learning a rotation or knowing your abilities.

That said, if someone is going to do group content or progression content, they should be expected to learn their class and their abilities. Don’t want to learn, that is fine play solo, but don’t expect every group to carry you to gear. Get with friends, they may be willing to carry you, but the normal pug may not. Personally I don’t expect anyone to be perfect, mistakes are going to happen, but as long as they are trying I am willing to help them with advice and helping them get gear.

But whatever - if the game becomes dominated by this attitude, I guess I'll have to go elsewhere to get insulted by supercilious morons.
While I agree with you that people that belittle others in group play is wrong and should not be tolerated, I have to wonder is calling people morons any better? Edited by mikebevo

Wait, did you just blame the developers for the player community's behavior?

What is this I don't even

Not really, but in designing the game to need precise combinations of the exact right powers at specific times, they are sending the game in a specific direction, which requires people to, for example, view videos of particular battles on Youtube **before** ever attempting them in order to have any hope whatsoever of succeeding.

So that, in turn, breeds a kind of player that will get upset when one or more of the team hasn't "done their homework".

This is a path that isn't casual-friendly, nor does it make for a fun game, for me at least. I get enough of that at work, tyvm.

Not really, but in designing the game to need precise combinations of the exact right powers at specific times, they are sending the game in a specific direction, which requires people to, for example, view videos of particular battles on Youtube **before** ever attempting them in order to have any hope whatsoever of succeeding.

So that, in turn, breeds a kind of player that will get upset when one or more of the team hasn't "done their homework".

This is a path that isn't casual-friendly, nor does it make for a fun game, for me at least. I get enough of that at work, tyvm.

Are you new to the MMO scene? As far as MMOs go this one is really up there in terms of being casual-friendly. More to the point, it doesn't matter what the game design is like. So long as there are even the most minute differences in abilities, the community is going to figure out what the best combination is and promote that as the accepted standard. It really and truly isn't a game design issue unless content is literally unbeatable without said excessive optimization.

If that's not your thing and it bothers you that much, MMOs might not be for you.

Edited by cidbahamut