Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Power Shot useless


Henu's Avatar


Henu
02.06.2013 , 07:43 PM | #11
i dont use, MB, PS or sweeping blasters and Power shot isnt useless its better than nothing when you can use it.. but for a merc its worth using a 4 pc for a RS increase.

Arsenals Mercs are better off using medic bonus and PVE Tm crit bonus in PVP.
Kript - SNX - Harby, Yes its a PVE server but honestly there isn't a lot of open world PVP on the other servers anyway.

DarthBloodloss's Avatar


DarthBloodloss
02.06.2013 , 07:53 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Henu View Post
i dont use, MB, PS or sweeping blasters and Power shot isnt useless its better than nothing when you can use it.. but for a merc its worth using a 4 pc for a RS increase.

Arsenals Mercs are better off using medic bonus and PVE Tm crit bonus in PVP.
I love sweeping blasters for stopping caps. Half the time I'm facing a different direction and so it can take the enemy an extra couple seconds to realize its me stopping 3 people from capping. Even though I'm 28m away and facing the other direction!

Anytime I'm on a melee alt and have to stop 2 people from capping, I miss sweeping blasters.

Of course its only the first tick on SB that's important. Sometimes I cancel it after the initial tick, unless the other team pulls the "I'll keep trying to plant until I die! technique". I find that I use sweeping blasters more than DFA since it deals its damage instantly, with no tiny delay like DFA. Not to mention that SB is low-key while DFA begs to be interrupted just on principle. (There's a dude flying and shooting rockets...get em!!)
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS

Henu's Avatar


Henu
02.06.2013 , 08:53 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBloodloss View Post
I love sweeping blasters for stopping caps. Half the time I'm facing a different direction and so it can take the enemy an extra couple seconds to realize its me stopping 3 people from capping. Even though I'm 28m away and facing the other direction!

Anytime I'm on a melee alt and have to stop 2 people from capping, I miss sweeping blasters.

Of course its only the first tick on SB that's important. Sometimes I cancel it after the initial tick, unless the other team pulls the "I'll keep trying to plant until I die! technique". I find that I use sweeping blasters more than DFA since it deals its damage instantly, with no tiny delay like DFA. Not to mention that SB is low-key while DFA begs to be interrupted just on principle. (There's a dude flying and shooting rockets...get em!!)
I understand how useful it can be but my personal game style is all about quick keys and i just dont have the spot for 1 more ability... going to be tuff when we get 5 more levels and some new moves :P
Kript - SNX - Harby, Yes its a PVE server but honestly there isn't a lot of open world PVP on the other servers anyway.

Choffware's Avatar


Choffware
02.06.2013 , 11:38 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Henu View Post
I understand how useful it can be but my personal game style is all about quick keys and i just dont have the spot for 1 more ability... going to be tuff when we get 5 more levels and some new moves :P
boop there it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEvfdEIFgn8
Mantorin 55 Marauder || Choff lvl 55 Merc || Chof lvl 51 Sorc

Macroeconomics's Avatar


Macroeconomics
02.07.2013 , 03:36 AM | #15
Sweeping Blasters is ok. I mean it has it's uses. Just rarely happens. But explain to me why Sweeping Blasters uses more resources, does less damage, has a smaller radius and doesn't snare its targets like Force Storm does. Everything Merc has is crappier than what other classes have.

DarthBloodloss's Avatar


DarthBloodloss
02.07.2013 , 02:20 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Henu View Post
I understand how useful it can be but my personal game style is all about quick keys and i just dont have the spot for 1 more ability... going to be tuff when we get 5 more levels and some new moves :P
Yep true. Do you use a gaming mouse? I found that once I did, my Merc is the only toon I can actually bind all the abilities I want, and they are within reach / easy to use. That's not even possible on my Assassin or Mara! lol

Just having as little as 4 side buttons on the mouse (used with your thumb) gives you 8 extra hotkeys when you add in a +Shift modifier.
Quote: Originally Posted by Macroeconomics View Post
Sweeping Blasters is ok. I mean it has it's uses. Just rarely happens. But explain to me why Sweeping Blasters uses more resources, does less damage, has a smaller radius and doesn't snare its targets like Force Storm does. Everything Merc has is crappier than what other classes have.
Yea, its "ok" at best. And not for damage. I use it strictly for stopping a cap or bomb. Its great in those scenarios where you have maybe 2 or 3 defenders on NC, and the other team has 6 or so attackers. They are trying to ninja the base right in front of you, due to their numbers. Sweeping blasters can single-handedly stop any number of people due to being instant cast, instant damage affect, and spammable.

Or you know when you plant a bomb on VS, and 2 seconds later all 8 players on the other team come out of the spawn point and run to the bomb to disarm? All huddled up?
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS

Henu's Avatar


Henu
02.07.2013 , 02:57 PM | #17
Yeah i use a Razor naga, ive put a SS on my help to arsenal mercs thread of my binds and what abilities i use.
Kript - SNX - Harby, Yes its a PVE server but honestly there isn't a lot of open world PVP on the other servers anyway.

NemainSWE's Avatar


NemainSWE
02.07.2013 , 06:17 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Henu View Post
I understand how useful it can be but my personal game style is all about quick keys and i just dont have the spot for 1 more ability... going to be tuff when we get 5 more levels and some new moves :P
You know you can bind keys with modifiers, i.e shift, ctrl and alt.
Bind some abilities that require you to stand still to shift+1-5. It's almost as fast as pressing 1-5, and since you have to stand still anyway, might aswell bind your movement keys the same way.
Thayce - 50 Mercenary
Thayse - 50 Assassin
-The Sovo Legacy-
Tomb of Freedom Nadd

Henu's Avatar


Henu
02.07.2013 , 06:39 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by NemainSWE View Post
You know you can bind keys with modifiers, i.e shift, ctrl and alt.
Bind some abilities that require you to stand still to shift+1-5. It's almost as fast as pressing 1-5, and since you have to stand still anyway, might aswell bind your movement keys the same way.
I do this if you zoom in on my SS http://imgur.com/9lXudlb i have shift +1 -4 use E for knock back and razor binds are top right and Hutt ball pass is bound to R.
Kript - SNX - Harby, Yes its a PVE server but honestly there isn't a lot of open world PVP on the other servers anyway.