Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Battlegrounds Semi-Finals: Republic Resistance vs Republic Reborn

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Battlegrounds Semi-Finals: Republic Resistance vs Republic Reborn

Aurbere
11.09.2014 , 06:59 PM | #501
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
1. Feel free to ask me literally any time, I'm happy to do it.

2. Where? I'm not seeing tractor beams on there.

3. Which though? Covering the Hammerheads? Other than that, there was no traps that he couldn't fall for.
1. OK, I'll keep that in mind.

2. It's on the Venators, sorry. I got them messed up.

3. It doesn't matter. I just found his responses a bit amateur hour.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Aurbere
11.09.2014 , 07:00 PM | #502
Quote: Originally Posted by TominatorBriss View Post
On the tractor beam note, i think one of the actual starwars games itself (I think it was Emprie at war or something like that) you cant pull a ship thats = to or larger than your own no matter how many you got, it just dont go like that in this universe, mabe in star trek but not in the starwars universe hence why there were no examples of it either
That's true, but that would probably be game mechanics, and that's technically non-canon.
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Selenial
11.09.2014 , 07:01 PM | #503
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
1. OK, I'll keep that in mind.

2. It's on the Venators, sorry. I got them messed up.

3. It doesn't matter. I just found his responses a bit amateur hour.
3. What can he do though? What responses can he even make?
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
CelÚna Mercenary Cathinka Seeliara Sage

karadron
11.09.2014 , 07:03 PM | #504
The only time I remember anyone using a lot of tractor beams to affect another vessel was the Battle of Ithor, and that was because it was the Legacy of Torment. The only reason it was attempted was because of the Dovin Basals affecting shielding and movement--and all that other stuff. Not to mention that the ship fell into orbit instead of getting pulled into the fleet.

Aurbere
11.09.2014 , 07:04 PM | #505
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
3. What can he do though? What responses can he even make?
How should I know?

I honestly don't know. I would have to go back over it.

TominatorBriss
11.09.2014 , 07:09 PM | #506
this games also technically non cannon its legends along with this battles fights being non cannon, its also why the tractor beams were not used in the clone wars series tv show on capital ships to prevent General Grevious from escaping multiple times, also explains why they were not used in any of the films with space fights this along with the games is my proof it cant be done, no where in the star wars history has this been done, therefore this cannot be used unless you wana mix startrek in with starwars and that for me is a big deal breaker to continue reading these posts if exceptional rules are made without concrete evidence.

on note im pretty sure had this been within the starwars lore etc it would have mades its way to a game like empire at war or via the films or clone wars series

Aurbere
11.09.2014 , 07:09 PM | #507
OK, I'm going to throw a topic out there that I would like to see discussed more thoroughly than before: boarding parties.

Yes, we discussed Resistance boarding parties, but the fact that the Reborn has Special Forces units practically demands that they use boarding parties. Revan may sense Nomi's presence in space and demand her death (or something more grey ). So what kind of options would the Reborn have for these boarding parties? And what if the Resistance targeted other ships in the Reborn's fleet?

Discuss!

Aurbere
11.09.2014 , 07:11 PM | #508
Quote: Originally Posted by TominatorBriss View Post
this games technically non cannon, its also why the tractor beams were not used in the clone wars series tv show on capital ships to prevent General Grevious from escaping multiple times, also explains why they were not used in any of the films with space fights this along with the games is my proof it cant be done, no where in the star wars history has this been done, therefore this cannot be used unless you wana mix startrek in with starwars and that for me is a big deal breaker to continue reading these posts if exceptional rules are made without concrete evidence
You have a fair point. Tractor beams have not been used in such a way, so it's unlikely they could be used that way. It's also possible that no one in the battle would think of it.

TominatorBriss
11.09.2014 , 07:15 PM | #509
You have a fair point. Tractor beams have not been used in such a way, so it's unlikely they could be used that way. It's also possible that no one in the battle would think of it.
your telling me that out of all the fights not one person has thought of it ?? thats because its not possible

im sure in return of the jedi the emperor would have used them to his full advantage to easily blow up the capital ships at ease

im sure that in the clone was it would have been used many times to end doku and grievous

but no because its not possible and as for the other battles throughout 1000s of years theres not one mention of it because its not possible

tunewalker
11.09.2014 , 07:15 PM | #510
I think it likely has to do with the amount of power it draws. If I recall Correctly in the Thrawn Trilogy Luke was Caught in a Tractor beam but got out of it by firing a Torp, and the moment that happened they had to break off the tractor beam and re throw up their shields or risk getting out right destroyed. I dont think there is usually enough power to power both Tractor beams and defensive/ offensive stuff like Shields and weapons, obviously in the case of things like Dooku and Greivous, there is to much confusion to pin point 1 ship in the midst of fighter and capital ship battle, at least its to hard to LOCK ON with a tractor beam in such a situation.