Lore Question: Ashoka Tano

Viladras

So.. I've recently gotten into the clone wars series, and it's pretty okay.

But what happens to Ashoka Tano? Did she survive order 66? they don't seem to reference her at all in episodes 2 or 3, or after that =/

Anyone?

Edited by Viladras

So.. I've recently gotten into the clone wars series, and it's pretty okay.

But what happens to Ashoka Tano? Did she survive order 66? they don't seem to reference her at all in episodes 2 or 3, or after that =/

Anyone?

She survives order 66.

In one of the Mortis episodes we see an older her in the form of a vision. That vision would not have existed if she didn't reach that age.

Edited by Tuscad

She survives order 66.

In one of the Mortis episodes we see an older her in the form of a vision. That vision would not have existed if she didn't reach that age.

Yeah, well Luke Skywalker had a vision of his nephews growing up to lead his Jedi Order to prosperity. Look how that turned out.

She died because no one wanted to continue writing that horrible character. :p

She used to be annoying, but the writers progressed her character. She is now kind of a ******. In an episode, just a couple of weeks ago, she decapitated four Death Watch warriors in a single stroke.

My hope is that they do something to make it seem like she is dead. Then have her come back sometime in the future. Maybe they can freeze her in carbonite or use one of hyperdrive malfunctions to send her forward through time.

Edited by GusVIII

Sounding like a broken record, but to echo above statements I agree with:

A: Wrong section; belongs in "Star Wars Discussion"

B: Fate hasn't been revealed. Just 'cause there was a vison in the Mortis arc doesn't mean it'll happen. In Yoda's own words: "always in motion is the future. And many possible futures there are."

Finally; I agree. Ahsoka's character started annoying (albiet with hope for better characterization), but once they matured her out/ironed out the exact characterizations, she became a lot more likable. I'm going to be very interested to see how her character goes considering she's already showing signs of possible Dark Side falling considering how she hasn't blinked at Anakin's latest DS moves...

Edited by LukeDanger

Yeah, well Luke Skywalker had a vision of his nephews growing up to lead his Jedi Order to prosperity. Look how that turned out.

Ah don't remind me of what happened to the Solo boys why EU whyyyyy!

Ah don't remind me of what happened to the Solo boys why EU whyyyyy!

I mostly blame Troy Denning. He seems to be the constant in the worst parts of the EU since Del Ray took over. Jacen's end, IMO, should have been *** pwning Jaina and then turning off his lightsaber and walking away. The Fate of the Jedi series would have then had Jaina, Ben and Luke looking for Jacen. One of the first planets they reached would have had Vestara Khai, who would have been forced to come along to avoid getting killed by her own people.

Luke would have tempted her to the Light Side. He would point out that he was able to effectively handle himself against an entire planet of Sith, and he's willing to teach her that power. Basically, a mirror to the Dark Side "Come to the Dark Side, if you want to help your friends" bait-and-switch line. The Abeloth plot line still exists; this time, Jacen is communicating with Jaina to provide indications of where Abeloth is going next. Jacen makes a few cameo appearances, not always in the flesh.

The series wouldn't have any of the Coruscant idiot ball politics that the series currently has. No Leia, no Han, no random additional characters. They might make guest appearances, but no more. Just focus on the Jedi and their hunt for Jacen. Luke would initially keep the party to a minimum for fear of Jacen, reasoning that Jaina and Ben have less to fear from Jacen then the average Jedi. Later, fear of Abeloth would keep the group's numbers down. Tahiri might be recruited at some point.

Vestara's relapse into the Dark Side would happen much earlier, around the midpoint of the series. Jacen would be a very morally ambiguous character throughout the series - for example, they'd find that on Nam Chorios Abeloth was draining the Tsil Crystals for power. By taking control of the Golan defense stations in orbit, Jacen was able to rain down orbital bombardment on the planet, effectively killing most life on the planet, severely weakening Abeloth, and preventing her from making further gains there. In the end, Jacen and Luke would work together to kill Abeloth, and then Jacen would wander off again into the unknown.

Ashoka should never have been added.

She is never mentioned in RotS and neither is the fact that Anakin once had a Padawan.

They'd have to use some kind of glaringly stupid retcon in order to make her fit into the story. I don't see any way around it.

Ashoka should never have been added.

She is never mentioned in RotS and neither is the fact that Anakin once had a Padawan.

They'd have to use some kind of glaringly stupid retcon in order to make her fit into the story. I don't see any way around it.

Well maybe its because EP 3 was done before the show? Perhaps thats why? But thats a RL explanation and I don't like using those for lore discussions. But who knows really...I think it would be really interesting, if they foreshadowed the fight between Anakin and Obi-Wan. Seeing as Star Wars loves the whole foreshadowing thing, I think it would be neat.

• 9 months later...
I mostly blame Troy Denning. He seems to be the constant in the worst parts of the EU since Del Ray took over. Jacen's end, IMO, should have been *** pwning Jaina and then turning off his lightsaber and walking away. The Fate of the Jedi series would have then had Jaina, Ben and Luke looking for Jacen. One of the first planets they reached would have had Vestara Khai, who would have been forced to come along to avoid getting killed by her own people.

Luke would have tempted her to the Light Side. He would point out that he was able to effectively handle himself against an entire planet of Sith, and he's willing to teach her that power. Basically, a mirror to the Dark Side "Come to the Dark Side, if you want to help your friends" bait-and-switch line. The Abeloth plot line still exists; this time, Jacen is communicating with Jaina to provide indications of where Abeloth is going next. Jacen makes a few cameo appearances, not always in the flesh.

The series wouldn't have any of the Coruscant idiot ball politics that the series currently has. No Leia, no Han, no random additional characters. They might make guest appearances, but no more. Just focus on the Jedi and their hunt for Jacen. Luke would initially keep the party to a minimum for fear of Jacen, reasoning that Jaina and Ben have less to fear from Jacen then the average Jedi. Later, fear of Abeloth would keep the group's numbers down. Tahiri might be recruited at some point.

Vestara's relapse into the Dark Side would happen much earlier, around the midpoint of the series. Jacen would be a very morally ambiguous character throughout the series - for example, they'd find that on Nam Chorios Abeloth was draining the Tsil Crystals for power. By taking control of the Golan defense stations in orbit, Jacen was able to rain down orbital bombardment on the planet, effectively killing most life on the planet, severely weakening Abeloth, and preventing her from making further gains there. In the end, Jacen and Luke would work together to kill Abeloth, and then Jacen would wander off again into the unknown.

Why didn't you write that series? I hate that they killed off Jacen. There was absolutely no reason for him to die.

Edited by SmugglersLuck

Why didn't you write that series? I hate that they killed off Jacen. There was absolutely no reason for him to die.

Especially since they already made points with...

...Anakin (Solo): We can kill of major characters and Solo's aren't invincible.

Edited by FINNT

Well, given there will be episode 7 soon, Who knows?

It's star wars, if we have yet to see a body, then a character is still alive. Until we see ahsoka's lifeless body on the floor, she is still alive.

And besides, in the most recent episode she got captured by pirates who are really displeased with her... you guys might want to watch the next episode to see what happens... Because it will involve a certain cyborg general...

My hope is that they do something to make it seem like she is dead. Then have her come back sometime in the future. Maybe they can freeze her in carbonite or use one of hyperdrive malfunctions to send her forward through time.

Yeah and then Doc Brown would arrive in his timemachine train to fix the hyperdrive so she can come back, and then they end up in a alternate universe where Ashoka is a professionel wrestler on earth that fight robots...

Sorry mate but the whole Crosscurrent story idea is so lame and most likely the worst EU book ever written.

Edited by Cbaoth