Bioware almost less than 24 hours to fix a mistake in 2.1 before it is too late!!

Magnusheart

On behalf of the made up organization. P.w.w.V.M.o.M.C.H. (People who want Voice Modulation on Mouth-Covering Headslots(lul tried to think of something shorter). You said the Eradicator's Mask would not offer it. When a lot of people would think it is a silly mistake.

In real life, if you wore a helmet like the Eradicators mask, or the Metal mouthpeice of Malak's, or the Dreadseed helmet. We wouldn't sound normal at all.

1. Malak's Mouthpeice. People were upset when you guys claimed it was not a bug, but intended. IF we have a giant metal bar covering our mouth we shouldn't be able to speak at all, so why not have a voice alteration like the look a like Malgus ones? And to the defensive claim. (Malaks voice didn't change because of the mouthpeice) Yeah? that just mean's it shouldn't sound like the Cyborg. Everyone can go and get a hunk of metal, and put their mouth to it, can you speak through it clear as day? I would think not.

2. Dreadseed Helmet. This thing covers your entire head, and we can speak clear as day. Is this magic? When Vader had a huge contraption like this helm, he sounded more Robot than man.

3. Eradicators Mask, If covers your head, its metal, it should be offering the same sound voice change like Revan's Mask.

Bioware, common now, After you replied to the malak mouthpeice thread, there were more than a dozen w.t.f's. and there were more than a few posts complaining about the dreadseed. and before the helmet is even out yet, there is even a petition to make it have voice modulation for the E. Mask in the cartel market suggestions thread.

Why would you guys decide to not let it change your voice in the firstplace?

Edited by Magnusheart

I'm sorry OP. But you have finally managed to make my ignore list. I've read through your previous posts, some insightful, some trivial, but I think you have gone beyond the trivial now. I doubt you could care less about my thoughts on the matter but I wanted to simply point out that with this thread your whining has finally hit a fever pitch.

Thanks for your contributions, but I will no longer be reading your diatribes.

Edited by Rafaman

Apparently trying to see if stuff can get changed is a bad thing? Seriously, why post if your just going to flame like some jerk. Like a thousand paper cuts I'm trying to help see if we can polish up the game, that a bad thing? Because you're being very diatribe yourself. I'm voicing my opinion on the matter like the many other posts like it.

Edit: but thanks for teaching me a new word. ;)

Edited by Magnusheart

Actually, i could get behind this. It just feels wierd that some helmets change your voice and some dont. And it seems very arbitrary as well.

Must be a bug or oversight on BW's side, but im guessing its pretty low on the list of things to fix.

Shouldnt be too hard to fix tho, i assume its a matter of marking the item as "voice modulator" active.

EDIT: A bit too sensationalist headlining tho. its not like they cant fix this next tuesday instead of tomorrow...

Edited by OddballEasyEight

It is not a bad thing to admit you overlooked something, hell, I'm surprised Grammar Nazi's haven't brought up that some of the new items have a double space in items names, or well anyone at all. Moving on, It wouldn't cost an arm and a leg to change them, or make a toggle to add or remove a V.M. or perhaps have a reply on why CM's? :o

Edit: @ Oddball's Edit(lol phone tag) I got the flu yesterday, on some painkillers, felt like making something that would be an eye-catcher.

Like newspapers who would overexagerate what actually happened to get readers while still remotely being on the subject. Like the papers calling it "Bloody Sunday" when 5 or so died during something important I can't remember at this exact second. xD Normal threads get a few reply's, funny, crazy, mean, and awkard threads are the ones that catch peoples attention seem to be the ones that people will drop their head in to read.

Edited by Magnusheart

It is not a bad thing to admit you overlooked something, hell, I'm surprised Grammar Nazi's haven't brought up that some of the new items have a double space in items names, or well anyone at all. Moving on, It wouldn't cost an arm and a leg to change them, or make a toggle to add or remove a V.M. or perhaps have a reply on why CM's? :o

Edit: @ Oddball's Edit(lol phone tag) I got the flu yesterday, on some painkillers, felt like making something that would be an eye-catcher.

Like newspapers who would overexagerate what actually happened to get readers while still remotely being on the subject. Like the papers calling it "Bloody Sunday" when 5 or so died during something important I can't remember at this exact second. xD Normal threads get a few reply's, funny, crazy, mean, and awkard threads are the ones that catch peoples attention seem to be the ones that people will drop their head in to read.

Ah. Now I understand. That's your problem right there. Painkillers tend to make people talk/type more. Come up with very random things that they feel strongly about on a whim.

While, I can attest to falling under the same fate myself now and again; as swtor is very fun to play on painkillers. I also know that they can lead to things like this. Put the meds down, call me in the morning and let me know if you feel the same way.

Edited by OKandrew

The meds I got are over the counter and got em today, its not like I'm so hopped up I'm singing Black Sabbath in the shower. But yes its true, Meds make me feel more talkative. and I'm alone wide awake at 2 am, Doesn't change how I feel about the subject though. I just felt like making a more eyecatching hook to the thread hoping it would draw in more people who would just read the title and move on. I tried Journalism for websites at college and that was one of the things I learned about, before I dumped it tried to go into law, dumped it, and now I'm saving up for my next semester into game design. And its not that I am trying to delay 2.1 But It has been proven time and again that they are more afraid of trying to do bug fixes/changes on items after they are released for good reasons of course.

But moving back on topic though, does anyone know of any other mouth covering helmets that doesn't change your voice that I could add on to try and make a better claim over the idea to try to see it happen in maybe 2.2 or 2.3?

Edited by Magnusheart

Personally I'm more worried about the invisible helmets, I crafted some helmets for my trooper and his companions, they are invisible (it's not hide headslot), but they still muffle your voice. This is more worrying to me, what if I craft invisible armour, will it show off my companions underwear, I don't want to see Jorgan's underwear, ever.

So happy that some people aren't be affected by problems such as lack of jobs, economic crisis and all that other stuff and consider a voice over, a problem of theirs.

No, seriously, so happy :)

Oh right sorry... hey Bioware! You need to fix the unemployment situation here in Sweden where i live! Then fix the economic crisis too!

THEN you can fix the bug where some helmets doesnt muffle your voice.

Whats that?

Oh, you dont run the country?

Its not your job to fix the economy?

Oh ok then, just go ahead and fix that voice box bug then.

Edited by OddballEasyEight

Oh right sorry... hey Bioware! You need to fix the unemployment situation here in Sweden where i live! Then fix the economic crisis too!

THEN you can fix the bug where some helmets doesnt muffle your voice.

Whats that?

Oh, you dont run the country?

Its not your job to fix the economy?

Oh ok then, just go ahead and fix that voice box bug then.

the point of that message went over your head :rolleyes:

first world problems indeed

Edited by astrobearx

Bioware, common now, After you replied to the malak mouthpeice thread, there were more than a dozen w.t.f's.

A dozen. Wow.

and there were more than a few posts complaining about the dreadseed.

A dozen plus "more than a few." Wow.

EDIT: A bit too sensationalist headlining tho. its not like they cant fix this next tuesday instead of tomorrow...

"I will gladly fix this for your next Tuesday if you will buy the Cathar unlock today."

Edited by branmakmuffin

Without addressing the hyperbolic tone of the OP or the bizarre and inexplicable fanboyism that has overtaken this thread, I would put my vote in with the "More and varied voice modulation in general on everything" crowd.

I do wonder at the decision not to include it in the cartel market stuff, presumably they could just as easily use an existing modulation. /shrug

Without addressing the hyperbolic tone of the OP or the bizarre and inexplicable fanboyism that has overtaken this thread, I would put my vote in with the "More and varied voice modulation in general on everything" crowd.

I do wonder at the decision not to include it in the cartel market stuff, presumably they could just as easily use an existing modulation. /shrug

Its actually not just cartel stuff, the new end-game gear in 2.1 is also without voice modulation, which leads me to believe that its a bug (that started around when darth malaks jawpiece came out)

• 4 weeks later...
I wish I knew that this was how this helmet was supposed to be, it should be a disclaimer on items like this if there is voice modulation or not. I would never have bought the Eradicators Mask had I know that there is no voice modulator, it just looks stupid that my character is talking like there was nothing there when you have a mask covering your whole face. I just don't get the reasoning behind not making this helmet have a voice modulator, I though the whole point of the voice modulation was to make closed of helmets and masks sound more "realistic".