Clone Wars returning with 12 new episodes #CloneWarsSaved

DarthDymond

i was reading a few months ago what could of happened if the clone wars continued. i often wondered about Rex and where his loyalies ultimately ended up in the heat of the moment. We know from Renegades some of the details but a great deal of it is missing. Maybe this new season can provide details on that?

I'm excited to hear about Star Wars content for the new service, but I don't like how clone centric this looks. This does not have the same look and feel of the Original Trilogy to me.

Hoping there's a Jedi centric story to the live action show given that the cartoons are both military focused.

On one hand I'm glad they are finishing the saga and it seems like Lucas Films is starting to listen to fans. But on the other hand I am very skeptical.

Might just be a naked cash grab to get people to sign up for Disney streaming since KK and Co knows how popular Clone Wars was and is just once again trying to cash in on nostalgia.

Might be a course correction or just a move to try and shut up those of us who keep decrying their crap.

We will have to see.

i was reading a few months ago what could of happened if the clone wars continued. i often wondered about Rex and where his loyalies ultimately ended up in the heat of the moment. We know from Renegades some of the details but a great deal of it is missing. Maybe this new season can provide details on that?

Much of these was actually answered in the Ahsoka novel.

By the looks of it, this series will simply show the story that was referenced there.

I'm excited to hear about Star Wars content for the new service, but I don't like how clone centric this looks. This does not have the same look and feel of the Original Trilogy to me.

Hoping there's a Jedi centric story to the live action show given that the cartoons are both military focused.

well, the show is called The Clone Wars, and it is set in the PT, so not looking like the OT does make sense.

By the looks of it, this series will simply show the story that was referenced there.

best put it in the tv series before something happens. i'm unsure on the status of what is official canon with the way Disney ripped up canon and the expanded universe. With that stated i wasn't aware there was a novel on the subject but even if i had known i wouldn't of read it anyway going back to the canon issue.

best put it in the tv series before something happens. i'm unsure on the status of what is official canon with the way Disney ripped up canon and the expanded universe. With that stated i wasn't aware there was a novel on the subject but even if i had known i wouldn't of read it anyway going back to the canon issue.

Canon is quite simple actually, OT, PT, TCW, and everything produced post-Disney takeover.

Everything else = non-canon (Legends).

I think Ahsoka's story is pretty safe so long as Dave Filoni is around. She was cooked up by Lucas and is quite popular among the fanbase, I doubt anyone will be inclined to mess with her established story

Actually the book referenced these episodes. Most of the storyboards and some of the initial art work was already done for this season before the plug was pulled. Disney is simply letting Filoni finish it out as an olive branch to the fans.

I mean lately since TLJ, when's the last time you've seen the fanbase get pumped for anything Star Wars?

So pleased to see it's return, though its surprising timing, I mean Solo did not do well and TLJ has split fans almost down the middle, so is it a case of returning to what they know is popular to placate fans?

Anyway, please tell me that they still have work to do on the animation side the trailer looked to me like a pre-viz rendering that what I remembered seeing before.

How long until this streaming service finds its way to AppleTV devices.

AppleTV has apps for Disney Channel, Disney XD and Disney Junior but they are all tied to cable providers and you cannot watch anything if you cut the cord. OR if you live in Unsupported Geo Regions.

So pleased to see it's return, though its surprising timing, I mean Solo did not do well and TLJ has split fans almost down the middle, so is it a case of returning to what they know is popular to placate fans?

Anyway, please tell me that they still have work to do on the animation side the trailer looked to me like a pre-viz rendering that what I remembered seeing before.

They need lots of content for their new streaming service. This was an easy decision for their execs.

• 2 weeks later...
The return of REAL Star wars at last. Hope they include the fates of Ventress, cad bane and Talzin in this season since I don't read the books or comics.

I'm gonna be a bit selfish and admit that I hope they don't do the Ventress and Talzin arcs for this -- just because I've already read them so I hope this brings new stories I can't find elsewhere.

I hope they rewrite the fate of Ventress because she deserved better than the one I read about.

I mean, anything is possible, but I don't think that would be too likely. (A) Disney seems committed to its "everything we put out is all the same level of Canon" setup, and (B) the Ventress story we got was based on the Clone Wars scripts, which I believe means it was made -- or at least approved -- by this same crew.

Edited by DarthDymond