Pyro PT troubles

FrozenPlague

I don't know if its just me but does anyone else have trouble with PT pyro killing you in like 15 seconds or less. The class seems crazy with burst damage and I play agent so I'm taking the dot off me as soon as they hit me with it. I can't stand toe to toe with this class at all and don't really seem to understand what I'm doing wrong. All other classes I don't really have a problem with but the seer burst out of this class along with there mobility is nuts to me. Funny part is I have a powertech myself (tank spec) and I look through all there abilities plus I record my fights with them and just can't stand up to the burst damage... Any suggestions??

I don't know if its just me but does anyone else have trouble with PT pyro killing you in like 15 seconds or less. The class seems crazy with burst damage and I play agent so I'm taking the dot off me as soon as they hit me with it. I can't stand toe to toe with this class at all and don't really seem to understand what I'm doing wrong. All other classes I don't really have a problem with but the seer burst out of this class along with there mobility is nuts to me. Funny part is I have a powertech myself (tank spec) and I look through all there abilities plus I record my fights with them and just can't stand up to the burst damage... Any suggestions??

Did your game, like, not patch up to 2.0 and later? Cause prior to 2.0 pyro PTs could indeed do that...now, they don't have anything that even qualifies as a burst. They can win you in fights, but it'll take them an eternity to do it. I don't think they even have an ability that hits much harder than 6K...

Maybe you just had this chance meeting with an uber-geared PT on your new agent?

Stun and kill. Pyro PT have no defenses, and are extremely prone to CC (compared to tank spec that can heal while stunned with shoulder cannon, and AP that takes 30% less while stunned).

PT pyro are only dangerous with a pocket healer or a tank guarding them, but then you're facing a 2 v 1 fight not a 1 v 1 situation.

Pyro pt doesn't have burst in comparison to basically all other classes.

On my dps pt setup i dont even bother going all the way up the pyro tree because the top ability isnt worth the points. Getting to tar in the tank tree then getting 10 points in the middle tree is much better.

All my "burst" is based om spamming flame burst rail shot which does get some good hits but in comparison to mara massacre spam, sniper abilities, even sorc or arsenal merc i have no burst.

I get more burst as lethality operative chain culling a double dotted target.

And most pyro pts want to see big splashy damage numbers on scoreboards so they aren't as utility as the pt setup i use, and they die much faster too.

would'nt it be funny if the devs read this and was like "oh yeah we better tune them down some more" :eek:

Devs are too busy testing their arena team of merc healer with sin tank sorc dps and wondering why we have perception issues and can't heal to full

I don't think they even have an ability that hits much harder than 6K...

Maybe you just had this chance meeting with an uber-geared PT on your new agent?

I pulled off a 7400 Immolate/Fire-Pulse (tactics build) on someone once! But yeah that was I think the hardest hit I've ever managed to pull on the class. Railshots (in any spec) are typically 2500-6500 MAX. And that used to be good every 6 seconds when the health pool was 15-20k. Now that its upwards of 30-40k, yeah....lol

I will assume you are not a troll. Do not wear PvE gear.

On another note, actually one of the few remaining virtues of pyro is the 75% armor penetration on RS, but the burst is not good by any means. Its just a tad stronger against tanks compared to some classes with no armor penetration.

I pulled off a 7400 Immolate/Fire-Pulse (tactics build) on someone once! But yeah that was I think the hardest hit I've ever managed to pull on the class. Railshots (in any spec) are typically 2500-6500 MAX. And that used to be good every 6 seconds when the health pool was 15-20k. Now that its upwards of 30-40k, yeah....lol

That's the kind of hit you get, with a power proc, a damage power up, a max crit, and some poor sorry sap with 1200 bolstered expertise.

Usually immolate hits for 5 or so, with the 2.4 update it should hit 7 easy.

Question, are you 55 and fully pvp Conq geared?

If not, I suggest you have this thread deleted.

Currently, the state of PT and Vanguards burst is a joke in comparison to other classes in the game.

the changes on PTS to TD/AP do a little to help this...about 100DPS overall, but a bit more bursty with some timely crits.

but, still not enough to be competitive versus current top performing AC's.

That's the kind of hit you get, with a power proc, a damage power up, a max crit, and some poor sorry sap with 1200 bolstered expertise.

Usually immolate hits for 5 or so, with the 2.4 update it should hit 7 easy.

I think he had a double armor debuff on him from a commando and a guardian too. The gods were with me that day. :)

LOL PT/Vanguard burst. You can hit for 7k hits.......if the stars are aligned.

Edited by SOULCASTER