RealID for SWTOR please.

Xukuth

Please create something like REALID on SWTOR, I don't always like playing on the same server sometimes I like to migrate for various reasons. In addition to RealID please give a option upon creating a new character on a new server if you wish to adopt your legacy from a past server. I would love to go to a new server just to meet new people without having to restart my legacy.

Please and Thank you.

Edited by Xukuth

The OP wasnt around when the RealID system went live for the first time.

In a matter of hours the RL identities of several Dev's, RL pictures, living addresses, room mates, Facebooks, phone numbers, past employers ect. were posted to the forums. Even pictures of parents, siblings and family pets.

That was LOL.

I disabled RealID so fast.

There is no reason to implement something as privately intrusive as REAL ID to communicate with friends. If they setup their servers like SONY does and allow you to communicate cross server by typing the server name . character name (ex: CanderousOrdo.Vader) then we can communicate with friends and maintain personal privacy without having to jump through all the hoops to shut off the invasive parts of the REAL ID-esque system.

The OP wasnt around when the RealID system went live for the first time.

In a matter of hours the RL identities of several Dev's, RL pictures, living addresses, room mates, Facebooks, phone numbers, past employers ect. were posted to the forums. Even pictures of parents, siblings and family pets.

That was LOL.

I disabled RealID so fast.

That was the proposed REALID system for their forums, and not what actually went into the game. REALID is completely optional.

To the guy above me, while your point is valid to a extent. You would lose out on a account wide friends list. I like seeing my friends when I switch my characters or change servers.

Edited by Xukuth

You do realize that there were MMOs before WoW right?

Yes I do, but that doesn't change the fact of what I said is still true. If this game took nothing from WoW it wouldn't exist. Its simply silly to say "That was a feature in WoW don't put it in here"

This game would not be a MMo if they gutted from it anything that WoW had used.

What is wrong with the REALID feature anyways?

In-game? Not a whole lot. However, for the forums, there is a huge problem. There is a reason many people were banned for protesting it and had the largest and fastest growing thread on their forums.

In-game? Not a whole lot. However, for the forums, there is a huge problem. There is a reason many people were banned for protesting it and had the largest and fastest growing thread on their forums.

I think it was fairly obvious I wanted the in-game version of it. I didn't ask for any features that would be forums based =/

Aaah Yes.. I remember when they announced the Forum Real ID feature.. You could Almost feel the Hatred around the world towards that little... Feature

I would personally love to See a In-game Real id Friends list type feature like what they have in wow just for ease of keeping contact with friends who aren't on the same server as me

I think what you would be asking for perhaps is what Blizzard is rolling out called "battletag".

Its the same thing as a realID, just you pick what username I think you want to show up as. So for instance, when I logon I would show up as Emersyn1337 is now online to my "battletag" friends.

Since I am on 2 servers myself I would enjoy it to have some sort of way to connect to other friends. Even just a way perhaps of implementing a way to add friends' forum names to your friends list. That way whenever they logon to their account, regardless of what server they're on you could chat with them.

I think by using Forum names / account names on the website / it would be a easier solution than trying to deal with the PR nightmare REALID first was.