Jedi Sage boring?

piSith

Hi i wanna roll a Rep in PoTF, i dont wanna lvl another Mara or Jugg, i didnt really like the Sin play style. So i wanna try out the almighty Sage, but looking at the PvP videos on youtube, and man does it look hella boring. Is it because these people aren't good, or is this how the class is played? I cant even watch these videos for long, cuz everything is so repetitive and i was about to snooze.

So question is, are Sages fun in pvp.

If you want to do pvp dps, you'll be sticking to a very low count of core abilities most of time if you're looking for pure damage output. You can mix fun stuff like rescue pull, force speed, conal knock back, and interrupts to really contribute to a team win, but they won't bloat your total damage count in the way some people measure the entirety of their pvp contribute.

The thing to remember about sage dps, however, is their very high utility. The utility is where the fun comes in. You can rescue pull in huttball, knock an entire team away from capping a node, throw out force armor on random allies to contribute toward healing, make your force armor stun when it expires, make your knock back root, force quake for aoe node control, force speed to outpace opponents to objectives, and so on. If you know how to use these abilities you can have a lot of fun doing dps as a sage in warzones and really contribute to your team winning.

Unfortunately, you're also going to get ganked a lot for wearing light armor and being a potential healer.

My TK sage is the most fun I've played. In pvp and pve. Their crowd control while still focusing on damage is just great, zipping back and forth in and out of combat with force speed to knock over all enemies with wave then keep them down with force quake, lots of fun to be had with that tactic. I find my self fighting all the mob at once instead of just picking them off one at a time, which is a lot more fun to me.

There is also a sense of real power with the moves, though of course this is largely illusionary but it does great in making you feel like a truly legendary Jedi. I never really got that feeling playing as a Jedi knight.

Only way to know though is to try for your self of course. Have fun :)

Well......I do kind of think my sage is boring.

NOTE: I only do PvE.

I much prefer playing my gunslinger or sentinel when it comes to dps. And for a healer, I like my operative better.

As a dps balance sage (I don't heal on her) I find the rotation and skills/spells repetitive and boring.

Of the four toons I created, all of whom are level 50 and nicely geared (yes....even my sage is full BH/Campaign), I play my sage far less often than the others.

That's just my two cents.

Edited by Talyndor

Hi i wanna roll a Rep in PoTF, i dont wanna lvl another Mara or Jugg, i didnt really like the Sin play style. So i wanna try out the almighty Sage, but looking at the PvP videos on youtube, and man does it look hella boring. Is it because these people aren't good, or is this how the class is played? I cant even watch these videos for long, cuz everything is so repetitive and i was about to snooze.

So question is, are Sages fun in pvp.

Unless things have change, isn't it fun to burn people down? In all seriousness, Sages are fun to play, for awhile. Then yes it does get old. I play my telek sage off and on, trading with my Slinger and, Commando healer. I have a lot of 50's so I never really get bored of PVP. My advice is to rotate once a week to keep the play style fresh.

I rolled a level 50 Sorcerer. Yeah he's evil as hell looking but I love the effects for the Sage. It just seems more realistic. I just created a new sage and as soon as I hit level 10 I was hitting up PvP. Out of the 10 WZ I played I was ranked 3 or 4th...as a level 10 and 11. F'in crazy. I've also noticed that pubs work together and communicated together a lot better than the Imps do. This make PvP much more fun.

I used a madness spec on my Sith and will do the same with my Sage. The rotation can get repeatative but if you know what youre doing, you can really F*** people up. In the end its up to you and what you like.

To the OP. No, they are not. There are basically 2.5 different playstyles to choose from. You can go full out DPS, you can be a bubble master (too bad this doesn't show up as protection, maybe discount bubble absorb by 75% or something to guards), or crazy healing. Bubble you have to pick one or the other as your alt, so it only counts at .5.

Yes, you need other characters to keep from getting stale. I use a lot of skills on my healer. You should be thinking of skipping healing altogether. You have lifts, stuns, slows, interrupts, and all these things are hugely important. Bubble is instant, it's your first line in healing, giving you time to get off a real heal, if you don't have your instant heals yet.

For DPS, I don't know, I play my Shadow when I want to kill things, but there's some fun game play vids on youtube. If you are using 4 skills you are selling yourself short in PVP.

As for PvE, the consular storyline is a bit meh to me. Apparently DS choices offer very little change to the end game story, so that's crappy. I am leveling my Consulars through PvP with a bit of space battling thrown in. I will then run straight through the class story once I hit 50 and don't have to do side/planet quests to level. It will be more fun that way. It's like 300k to unlock the legacy WZ exp boosts.

The Trooper story was alright, but it was more broken up into sections than some of the other stories, so 1 chapter is more appealing than others. I don't know, pick your poison, any class will become boring if you play the hell out of it. If you are not hitting more than 4 keys in pvp, you will die a lot and your teammates will as well.

How fun can it be? I barely see them use any other skills besides throwing rocks and using the same skill over and over and over again. This can't be what the Sage is built for.

Kind of answering your own question there boss.

Many players make sage boring to play. Each of the pure specs can be reduced to 4 abities. You can make good parses using nothing else.

Truth be told, most specs for all of the ACs can be reduced to just a small handful of abilities. But that is never going to make the most of any AC or spec, and it's not playing well.

I find sage the most interesting out of all my toons. There are so many builds with different strenghs and weaknesses. Heck you can even swap roles completely between dps and heals. The rotations are hardly four. Every duel is a challenge for a sage. The situations change so much and having good situational awareness is vital for a sage. In a nutshell if I want to relax I play my sent/mara, if I want to get challenged I play my sage.