Scrapper needs to be fixed.

Nidza

I don't think scrappers need to be fixed. If they received any more buffs i think they would be nearing an OP state again.

Shoot 1st has got to be the best opener of any class if you consider the knockdown + fletchette round dot being applied. SF + FR does more damage then even smash if SF crits. You might say since FR is a 6 sec dot it doesnt count.

But at the very minimum it takes 6 seconds to kill someone, so that dot should definitely be considered seeing how you didn't have to waste a GCD to get it.

I don't think scrappers need to be fixed. If they received any more buffs i think they would be nearing an OP state again.

Shoot 1st has got to be the best opener of any class if you consider the knockdown + fletchette round dot being applied. SF + FR does more damage then even smash if SF crits. You might say since FR is a 6 sec dot it doesnt count.

But at the very minimum it takes 6 seconds to kill someone, so that dot should definitely be considered seeing how you didn't have to waste a GCD to get it.

And guess what? That opener isn't available out of stealth, if it doesn't crit, you're basically screwed, besides, SF + FR costs a grand total of 35 energy, scrappers are far too reliant on stealth, its a major crutch for them

What i'd like to see is sucker punch proc reduced from happening every 10s to something like 6s and every sucker punch reduces the CD of back blast by 1.5s

Edited by SharpG

Yeah, pet hate.

I'll just stand in the corner here, don't know how long for, nobody come around the pillar please. Wonder how the fight's going? Have I got any cigarettes left to pass the time? Did I leave a dot on someone that lasts for 5 minutes?... Akaavi or Risha, Risha or Akaavi?.... Did I turn the gas off before I left the freighter?.....

Oh Frack it, Disappearing Act's off cd now I'll use that.

...aaah, freaking stealth blinked blue just as I pressed DA. Must kill marauders.

BAHAHAHA how many times has this happened?!?!?! Honestly!!

These people discussing our class have either never played it, or played it in ranked WZ's.... Come on guys Assasins > SCOUNDRELS hands down.... Its sad anymore, mine as well just re roll an assasin....

BUT IF YOU BELIEVE IN YOUR SCOUNDREL THEN BUMP THIS POST!!!

I BELIEVE THAT OPS AND SCOUNDRELS HAVE BEEN LET DOWN ENOUGH!!! LET OUR VOICES BE HEARD!! DONT LET BIOWARE DO THIS TO US!!! STAND UP AND FIGHT!

And guess what? That opener isn't available out of stealth, if it doesn't crit, you're basically screwed, besides, SF + FR costs a grand total of 35 energy, scrappers are far too reliant on stealth, its a major crutch for them

What i'd like to see is sucker punch proc reduced from happening every 10s to something like 6s and every sucker punch reduces the CD of back blast by 1.5s

I don't see what the problem is fighting out of stealth. Basically when I engage someone out of stealth I consider it an even fight where either one of us can win. When I'm in stealth my targets in alot of trouble. And no, it doesn't matter if SF crits or not, it's still alot of damage right out of the gate my enemy somehow needs to re-balance. If you can't fight out of stealth then you obviously haven't been scrapper for very long. Make use of those Dirty Kicks and Flash Bangs, and the most under-rated skill has got to be the Tendon Blast with root. Tendon Blast and Back Blast are on a 12 sec CD for a reason. I pretty much guarentees a Back Blast every 12 secs. As far as your argument about SF+FR costing 35 energy, this is downright ridiculous and leads me to beleive your not very experienced. First off my SF only cost 17 energy. 17+15=32. Secondly if your dumb enough to wait to the very last second to load FR before SF, yeah that is a steep energy cost. That's why you load it well beforehand, so energy replenishes before you open up.

I don't see what the problem is fighting out of stealth. Basically when I engage someone out of stealth I consider it an even fight where either one of us can win. When I'm in stealth my targets in alot of trouble. And no, it doesn't matter if SF crits or not, it's still alot of damage right out of the gate my enemy somehow needs to re-balance. If you can't fight out of stealth then you obviously haven't been scrapper for very long. Make use of those Dirty Kicks and Flash Bangs, and the most under-rated skill has got to be the Tendon Blast with root. Tendon Blast and Back Blast are on a 12 sec CD for a reason. I pretty much guarentees a Back Blast every 12 secs. As far as your argument about SF+FR costing 35 energy, this is downright ridiculous and leads me to beleive your not very experienced. First off my SF only cost 17 energy. 17+15=32. Secondly if your dumb enough to wait to the very last second to load FR before SF, yeah that is a steep energy cost. That's why you load it well beforehand, so energy replenishes before you open up.

Consider it even fight ? Have you fought any lvl 50's in wz's ? Put some videos up on youtube for us, I wanna see how you faceroll maras, assassins and powertechs.

Scrappers need more utility or better sustained dps.

Make Vital Shot tick for more damage with Flechette Round is on the opponent.

Have a skill that you throw a knockback thermal detonator on one specific person for 2 meters.

Have Flying fists proc more often when you have Pugnacity up so you have to manage those cooldowns even more.

Give scoundrels a crit boost/energy boost when the opponent is at 30% hp or less, Dispatch is awesome! I would like something like that on my scoundrel.

The class is considered underpowered in PVE and PVP dpsing. It needs a bit more help.

Consider it even fight ? Have you fought any lvl 50's in wz's ? Put some videos up on youtube for us, I wanna see how you faceroll maras, assassins and powertechs.

Have I fought any level 50's huh. I was looking at my warzone stats, lets see close to 1000 wins, 40,000 kills, valor 96. So, yeah I have engaged in a couple fights with lvl 50's. I do recall being very frustrated with playing scrapper for a long time. It takes awhile to master, and also is a very gear dependant build. That's why every one goes and rolls a marauder because they can see results much quicker. Maybe one day I will post some videos. I'm not real savvy with youtube, ive never used it but to watch. But I have absolutely obliterated some Maras even caught out of stealth. Consider this chain of events. Mara enrages, licks his lips, and force leaps at me. Hes immediately hit with a flash bang. Then i put a Sab Charge on him, XS flyby, Vital Shot. Hes still incapacitated cuz VS doesnt tick right away and neither does XS. Dirty Kick comes next followed by Backblast and blaster whip. Then root him with Tendon Blast. Sucker punches follow up. The guys toasted and really didnt have a chance to do anything to me. Now it doesnt always play out like this depending on if he had his stunbreaker available. But I have pulled this off alot.

Have I fought any level 50's huh. I was looking at my warzone stats, lets see close to 1000 wins, 40,000 kills, valor 96. So, yeah I have engaged in a couple fights with lvl 50's. I do recall being very frustrated with playing scrapper for a long time. It takes awhile to master, and also is a very gear dependant build. That's why every one goes and rolls a marauder because they can see results much quicker. Maybe one day I will post some videos. I'm not real savvy with youtube, ive never used it but to watch. But I have absolutely obliterated some Maras even caught out of stealth. Consider this chain of events. Mara enrages, licks his lips, and force leaps at me. Hes immediately hit with a flash bang. Then i put a Sab Charge on him, XS flyby, Vital Shot. Hes still incapacitated cuz VS doesnt tick right away and neither does XS. Dirty Kick comes next followed by Backblast and blaster whip. Then root him with Tendon Blast. Sucker punches follow up. The guys toasted and really didnt have a chance to do anything to me. Now it doesnt always play out like this depending on if he had his stunbreaker available. But I have pulled this off alot.

To some extent, I have to agree with this. Scrappers may not have the instant gratification factor of a Sent/Mara, but they do have enough skills to put out decent damage numbers. It really depends on how you use them, and how you use them under pressure. Some of this is basic stuff that everyone should be doing, but some of it is a little more unexpected.

On a basic level, I see a lot of Scrappers using Shoot First followed immediately by a Backblast. This instantly screws up your damage because you can't reapply Flechette Round for another 10 seconds. You must always Backblast after the first FR has expired, so you can immediately reapply the armor pen and internal damage. Again, this might seem obvious to some people, but to many players I see in WZs, it is surprisingly difficult.

Here are some other no-brainers that a lot of Scrappers just don't keep track of. Keep an Upper Hand tick at all times. Keep Vital Shot applied at all times. Don't use Sucker Punch if it would consume your last Upper Hand tick (unless it's a guaranteed kill). Use Shield Probe whenever it is off CD. If you have a chance to duck behind a corner to heal, do so.

On the less basic level, consider when you use your Sabotage Charges. If you throw it down early you might knock a guy down to 30% HP in 3 GCDs, but will you be able to finish? This is especially important against healers, who tend to sit comfortably at 20% HP with a Scrapper smacking him for the next 30 seconds, unable to finish the fight.

Another one: Know your enemy defensive cooldowns. Nothing is more frustrating than watching a Scrapper fire Dirty Kick or Backblast into a Shrouded Sin/Shadow. Similarly, when a Jug activates Saber Ward for the first time, don't waste your 10 second CD Backblast on him then. Some CDs you just have to burn through, like Powertech shield or Jug immortality. Other CDs you need to work around. When the Shadow Shroud appears, use Overload Shot or Flurry of Bolts (or Charged Burst). When Saber Ward appears, attack someone else for 2 seconds, or try and snare them with Tendon Blast.

I haven't played with a lot of you, so I don't know how much of this you are already doing. Some of this advice might seem pretty elementary to many Scrappers. But for many more Scrappers, they either do not know it, or just are not doing it in WZs.

As a final note, I too would love to see some Scrapper buffs. That said, I don't think they need to be as serious as a lot of people might be suggesting. Here are some pretty basic ideas I would suggest:

• Give Thermal Grenade a single target knockback against its primary target.
  • Decrease Backblast CD to 7-8 seconds so we can reapply Flechette Round more consistently (but not always have it up).
  • Increase move speed bonus on talented Sneak via Fight or Flight
  • Decrease Blaster Whip CD so we can more consistently proc Upper Hand.
  • Increase Shield Probe absorption.
  • Increase duration of Evasion by 1-1.5 seconds or so.

These are all tiny changes that would make a huge PvP (and PvE) difference. The biggest one I would advocate for? Backblast CD reduction. Just getting it down to 7 seconds would help a ton.

Give our grenade a knockback would be nice. Decreasing Backblast CD to 7-8 seconds would be nice too. Decreasing Blaster Whip CD for more Upper Hand procs would also rock.

Edited by ktkenshinx

As a final note, I too would love to see some Scrapper buffs. That said, I don't think they need to be as serious as a lot of people might be suggesting. Here are some pretty basic ideas I would suggest:

• Give Thermal Grenade a single target knockback against its primary target.
  • Decrease Backblast CD to 7-8 seconds so we can reapply Flechette Round more consistently (but not always have it up).
  • Increase move speed bonus on talented Sneak via Fight or Flight
  • Decrease Blaster Whip CD so we can more consistently proc Upper Hand.
  • Increase Shield Probe absorption.
  • Increase duration of Evasion by 1-1.5 seconds or so.

These are all tiny changes that would make a huge PvP (and PvE) difference. The biggest one I would advocate for? Backblast CD reduction. Just getting it down to 7 seconds would help a ton.

Give our grenade a knockback would be nice. Decreasing Backblast CD to 7-8 seconds would be nice too. Decreasing Blaster Whip CD for more Upper Hand procs would also rock.

Hey I'm all for buffs too. Decrease Backblast CD hell yeah. Decrease Blaster Whip CD hell yeah. Give me more, give me more. I just realize why there so hesitant to do any of this, at least on the PVP end, not sure about PVE I dont do it. A fully geared and modded scrapper is a force to be reckoned with.

BTW, I don't like your grenade idea with the knockback. My whole objective is to stay in as tight as I can to the enemy. Might be nice for Dirty FIghting.

Of course I'm not dumb enough to load FR right before SF in an opening engagement, but when you're going for that last ditch burst you rarely can plan ahead in that sort of thing. Just because I disagree with you doesn't mean I haven't been playing this class/spec for a year now. I'm pretty sure any decent scrapper would use their backblast every 12 seconds.. You missed my point completely about combat stealthing and re-opening right away :confused:. Yes you are right about the 32 energy cost, my bad, either way its still a steep cost to use mid fight