Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hazmat Striker's MK Motivators

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
Hazmat Striker's MK Motivators

psikofunkster
12.07.2012 , 10:48 PM | #1
Hi guys im asking to the experts, im shadow dps, im gonna buy a motivator but there are 3 for strikers, is 3 better than 2? i dont think so. Which should i buy the one with more willpower? then the other two who have more endurance are for?

Currently im using two black hole strikers mk-1.

nosmos
12.08.2012 , 07:46 AM | #2
the hazmat implants are so poorly itemized, its frustrating. Since it is an "upgrade" from black hole, yet you lose accuracy because none of the hazmat implants have any. There are two willpower ones that you can basically get, one force lords and one strikers - both have more willpower then end (one has crit surge, one has power surge i believe)...

DPS of course
55 Assassin - 55 Sorc - 55 Jug - 55 Marauder - 55 Sniper
55 Operative - 55 merc - 55 Powertech

psikofunkster
12.08.2012 , 02:27 PM | #3
Hi but what if im losing health too quick which implant could help me to preserve my health (with my horrible light armor) the implant with more endurance?

AlbViana
12.08.2012 , 10:10 PM | #4
I'm still using the set of BH Striker Earpiece and Implants.
The Hazmat are badly itemized and require a lot of commendations for a poorly upgrade.

And don't aim for endurance, if you are a DPS, you want to change every piece of armoring/mod/enhancement that is endurance heavy for a ''offensive'' stats heavy.
For example: Force Wielder Armoring 26 x Resolve Armoring 26
Basically every piece of the BH Striker Set comes with the tank armoring.
And don't worry, you'll have around 20.7k health with an optimized Campaign Gear and the trooper buff.

If you're losing health while doing solo content, use your defensive cooldowns (Resilience and Deflection). And gear your Tharan Cedrax, a well geared dps paired with Cedrax is almost immortal.
If you're talking about raids... you're probably positioning youself in a wrong way, or your healers are not enough geared or paying attention to you.

Which spec are you running? Infiltration or Balance?
Infiltration got a nice survivability buff with 1.4, nice defense against AOE, and you can always take Kinetic Field, Jedi Resistance and Shadow Veil.
Wentworth - Infiltration Shadow Wentworthy - Deception Assassin

psikofunkster
12.08.2012 , 10:59 PM | #5
I've never aimed for endurance i know im not a tank, but as a dps i take damage pretty fast. Yes im "infiltration".

Yes im talkng about raids, Im gonna start using resiliance which i havent used for a quite time. Noxi spec doesn't list it.
Yes if im doing a fp hm with a jedi sentinel (medium armor), jedi Guardian (heavy armor) and a sage (healer) im the one who takes more damage always. I blame the light armor or me lacking endurance.

And sadly i've already bought the hazmat striker mk-3.

But as far as i knew the black hole striker gear is for dps not for tanks, for tanks is duelist and for healers force-lord am i wrong?
i know the black hole striker gear has more importance on endurance, what? is it wrong? i have to work double than a tank in order to replace it all???

AlbViana
12.09.2012 , 09:55 AM | #6
Yes, you do. The BH Striker, and even Campaign is badly optimized in some points.
Before 1.5, you would need to buy BH Force Lord of Force Mystic to rip the Resolve Armorings. Now you can buy the Campaign Stalker Armorings directly with your BH Comms.
And in order to get mods and enhancements, you are probably going to buy a lot of BH Striker Boots. Or search for pieces with Aptitude Mod 26, Mettle Mod 26, Adept Enhancement 26, Initiative Enhancement 26 and Battle Enhancement 26.

Try to mix and match them to get a nice composition of the ''famous'' goals:
35% Critical Chance
75% Critical Multiplier
98 ~ 100% Melee Accuracy
Every point of Power and Willpower you can get. (Always prefer the 53 Will 41 Power, the final damage is better than the 68 Will 12 Power)
Wentworth - Infiltration Shadow Wentworthy - Deception Assassin

psikofunkster
12.09.2012 , 02:09 PM | #7
Thanks for your help AlbViana, game doesn't tell you anything about this. Hope bioware refund me my black hole comms.

Rayneey
02.17.2013 , 04:31 AM | #8
I want to mention how *********** retarded these developer's are to not come out with a dps accuracy implant for sin/shadow, seriously you've already failed as an MMORPG b/c you've done **** like this when will you ever learn a damn lesson you morons. BETA TEST MORE YOU CHEAP NIGS FROM LUCAS ARTS!

Frerbear
02.17.2013 , 06:35 PM | #9
Just a little bit of info, NEVER EVER use a mod/armoring/enhancement/implant/etc. that has higher endurance if there is one with a higher offensive stat. If you are having problems staying up it is most likely the healer/tanks fault, don't worry about endurance
Asylum-The Harbinger
Beskosei-Shadow DPS
Jongom-Sage DPS
Smugbesk-Scoundrel Healer

Przemo_No
02.18.2013 , 05:01 AM | #10
and i was quite hesitating to actually BUY the BH Striker boots cos the stats it provided were less interesting that EWH boost i have...so i basically skipped them.
No I hear i need them..

Also does the Campaign Amroring has better stats than BH armoring? (forget the bonus thing)
i am using other shells than BH originals (they are super ugly for DPS Shadows), so i was wondering whether it makes any sense to spend BH comms on those C armoring at all.
Dark side is a pathway to many abilities, some consider to be unnatural.