The Jedi are taking over!

Ayelinna

Replace Jedi with "Cartel Market"...what do you get?

If you wish to purchase Treek using Cartel Coins there is no Legacy level requirement. The Legacy level requirement is only if you wish to use credits.

-eric

Ta-da!

A fitting tune, don't you think?

I can't believe you let people whine and whine to bypass the legacy requirement just because they have more real life money than others. Gone are the days of "actually spending time playing the game to earn something". This game is now officially Cartel to Play.

Edited by Ayelinna

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Replace Jedi with "Cartel Market"...what do you get?

Ta-da!

A fitting tune, don't you think?

I can't believe you let people whine and whine to bypass the legacy requirement just because they have more real life money than others. Gone are the days of "actually spending time playing the game to earn something". This game is now officially Cartel to Play.

From your original post. Here it is clearly shown you are bothered by the fact Bioware introduced multiple ways to obtain this companion suited to different play styles and based on some people not having a lot of time to "grind it out".

You are all hot and bothered by it and I want to know why it affects your gameplay style when your gameplay style has been included as a way to get it too?

From your original post. Here it is clearly shown you are bothered by the fact Bioware introduced multiple ways to obtain this companion suited to different play styles and based on some people not having a lot of time to "grind it out".

You are all hot and bothered by it and I want to know why it affects your gameplay style when your gameplay style has been included as a way to get it too?

Firstly, buying cartel coins with real money and purchasing Treek without a legacy requirement has hardly any "play style" in it because there's literally no playing involved.

I don't see why there should be 2 options on complete opposite ends of the spectrum. Theres one end where you have to work for your credits AND to get legacy 40...the other...buy cartel coins and instantly get the same thing.

Do you not see the problem with that?

I think your becoming a bit excessive with the anti market rhetoric. I'm all for folks expressing how they feel, but this is beginning to represent a pattern of propaganda instead of a reasonable line of discourse.

That does not lend credibility to your position IMO. If you wish to actually effect change it would probably be best to stick to one or two threads and a concise set of suggestions to change what you view as flaws in the current setup of the game.

Just my slant.

BTW, I'd be fine if they removed the legacy requirement or adjusted the cost on the non-CM end. Either one or both would be good for those folks that do not care to go the CM route.

Edited by LordArtemis

Firstly, buying cartel coins with real money and purchasing Treek without a legacy requirement has hardly any "play style" in it because there's literally no playing involved.

I don't see why there should be 2 options on complete opposite ends of the spectrum. Theres one end where you have to work for your credits AND to get legacy 40...the other...buy cartel coins and instantly get the same thing.

why are you trying to dictate how others should spend their money and time on? Bit of hypocrisy?

Nope, no problem at all. I'm all for everyone that plays this game to have as many different paths and options to things they want. If you want to get Legacy Level 40 and pay 1 million credits to unlock, groovy! If you want to get it now and have fun using Cartel Coins, groovy! If you want to max legacy level and not waste credits buying it use cartel coins, groovy!

There is no reason why anyone should be worried about how someone gets something differently from them. As long as you the player get what you want in whatever way you want to get it, than you should be fine with everyone else.

This is how the game is evolving and adapting to recent times, either evolve and adapt with it or go extinct.

It's called casual (play style). As in, they didn't have the time to dedicate to getting legacy level 40 and/or the credits needed. Which differs from your view, but you can't accept that there are different play styles and different views. You lack perspective. Not to mention your need for attention as if your view/opinion is the only one people should read.

why are you trying to dictate how others should spend their money and time on? Bit of hypocrisy?

Ah, the good old "dictate" argument.

Nope, if people want to spend their money into buying cartel coins and buy it, thats fine by me, I cant stop them. But i'm pretty annoyed that these people are allowed to bypass the legacy requirement just because they bought it with Cartel Coins.

Its a big slap in the face for all those legacy 50 players.

Obtaining Treek now, the accomplishment and satisfaction has considerably dropped knowing the news that people can outright buy it using CC and bypassing the legacy requirement.

Answer me this, If I said "People should'nt be allowed to level a character instantly to 55"...would that be me dictating?

Edited by Ayelinna

I do think that there should be more unique Legacy level only things (cosmetic items and stuff) but I dont think a companion should really be one of them. The CM isn't perfect, but I am very much happy with giving everyone the option to pay for Treek with either CC or legacy/creds.

Still, at least the main arguments around here have gone from 'Eww I hate Ewoks only kids like them' down to 'We with a high Legacy should be the only ones with an Ewok' :)

Edited by Cyberwoman

i'm a legacy level 50 and I don't care in the least. Your "slap in the face" is just your opinion. A very large self-centered one, but still just an opinion. You're not speaking for everyone.

i'm a legacy level 50 and I don't care in the least. Your "slap in the face" is just your opinion. A very large self-centered one, but still just an opinion. You're not speaking for everyone.

And neither are you :)

Nope, if people want to spend their money into buying cartel coins and buy it, thats fine by me, I cant stop them. But i'm pretty annoyed that these people are allowed to bypass the legacy requirement just because they bought it with Cartel Coins.

Obtaining Treek now, the accomplishment and satisfaction has considerably dropped knowing the news that people can outright buy it using CC and bypassing the legacy requirement.

I personally do not feel it is a slap in the face at all. I'm fine with it. I won't be buying it from the market, but others probably will.

I will concede that it has less meaning since it can be acquired from the market without requirements or gates, as most of these things are recently. That is a shame IMO.

I still think it would be a good idea for Bioware to throw subs a bone OTHER than some coins.

I would suggest a group summon ability for the group leader for subs only.

Answer me this, If I said "People should'nt be allowed to level a character instantly to 55"...would that be me dictating?

They didn't slap me in the face. I've been legacy 50 for several months. That's just your opinion.

Sorry you feel that way. But you're only hurting yourself.

They didn't slap me in the face. I've been legacy 50 for several months. That's just your opinion.

Sorry you feel that way. But you're only hurting yourself.

Yes, i'm glad you've realized that this is all about opinions! Well done :)

Heh, i guess you're more into dictating how others should feel satisfied with something. Instead of trying to control how other people play you should seek self-satisfaction. In life there will always be people with money. There are those who think that building your own shed is far more satisfying than those who have people build it for them. There are going to be those who are born with a silver spoon, and those who work to get to that level. But instead of being angry and trying to take away that silver spoon, why not try to work towards it?

It wouldn't bother me, because what I do with my account is my own business, if they feel like the satisfaction of the game is at end game, let them think that, but I wouldn't care nonetheless.

Do you also have a problem with unlocking the character and legacy perks with cartel coins? Because that was implemented forever ago (exaggeration) but seems to be nearly the same idea. I mean yeah, the unlocked perks aren't a useless npc (minus the mail,repair,gtn,ect.) but those are ok... Right? Or maybe you weren't bothered by the collections system only being cc unlocked? If you are JUST now seeing this trend rolling in, you're late to the party...

Its called outright lazy.

Wrong. Some people don't play games all day/night. You just want to push your play style on to everyone else, and anyone that doesn't do it your way is doing it wrong. You lack the ability to see things from the other side. Something I see more and more of these days.

Heh, i guess you're more into dictating how others should feel satisfied with something. Instead of trying to control how other people play you should seek self-satisfaction. In life there will always be people with money. There are those who think that building your own shed is far more satisfying than those who have people build it for them. There are going to be those who are born with a silver spoon, and those who work to get to that level. But instead of being angry and trying to take away that silver spoon, why not try to work towards it?

It wouldn't bother me, because what I do with my account is my own business, if they feel like the satisfaction of the game is at end game, let them think that, but I wouldn't care nonetheless.

I see your point.

But the fact is this is a game. It should be separate to real life. Everyone in this game should have an equal chance/opportunity of obtaining something, regardless if they're rich or poor in real life.