Access denied?

New to 50 flashpoints, so sorry if this is a "done to death" subject.

Half way through a FP, I suddenly start getting a "Access denied. The master looter is deciding what....." and I am unable to loot anything or even roll on it.

What is this?

Thanks!

Edit: Ok. i found out the group leader changed the loot to Master Looter and was being a ....

Sucks that I joined in "Group finder" and some random leader gets to change it. I think the loot should be auto set to the norm.

Edited by MefuneAkira

Loot Master: Allows a group leader to have complete control over loot distribution.

Basically, the group leader assigns the loot to the members of the group, this is normally done in order to avoid dealing with ninja looting (Loot Ninja rolls need, or straight up takes, a piece of gear that they do not need or can even equip. The Loot Ninja does this for many reasons, none actually clear or intelligent.) but can sadly also be used by ninjas in order to grab all of the loot for themselves. It all comes down to the competence and helpfulness of your group leader =)

You can read more about the difference systems on this page here on swtor.com (far down on the page).

Edit: I read your edit, I think that when you form a group using group finder, the automatic loot setting is not Master Looter, this is only something that the randomly selected group leader can change. If this happened I would politely ask why he would do such a thing and if he don't answer I would start a vote kick in order to get the ninja out of my group, or just leave.

Edited by RikuvonDrake

Loot Master: Allows a group leader to have complete control over loot distribution.

Basically, the group leader assigns the loot to the members of the group, this is normally done in order to avoid dealing with ninja looting (Loot Ninja rolls need, or straight up takes, a piece of gear that they do not need or can even equip. The Loot Ninja does this for many reasons, none actually clear or intelligent.) but can sadly also be used by ninjas in order to grab all of the loot for themselves. It all comes down to the competence and helpfulness of your group leader =)

You can read more about the difference systems on this page here on swtor.com (far down on the page).

Edit: I read your edit, I think that when you form a group using group finder, the automatic loot setting is not Master Looter, this is only something that the randomly selected group leader can change. If this happened I would politely ask why he would do such a thing and if he don't answer I would start a vote kick in order to get the ninja out of my group, or just leave.

Ok thanks for the info and taking the time to reply. Cheers.