Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Power pools]: why do we switch them?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
[Power pools]: why do we switch them?

Snotrq
12.12.2013 , 10:03 AM | #1
Hi there, I got a simple question, and haven't find any answer yet.

What do power switch actually do?

I saw it increases the regen of ressource, and stack the shield better for example. But what else, do I travel faster when in travel stance & does it affect the post-combustion cost? Do I shoot harder in blaster stance, and does it affect the shot cost. Things like that.

Thanks by advance for anyone who got precisions (maths at best, but I presume GSF is too young for it) on this. It would help to know what the power pools are exactly doing, assuming we must sacrifice something else to upgrade it.
It's a trap -

Laurreth
12.12.2013 , 10:23 AM | #2
You deal more damage when routing energy to the weapons, shields "overcharge" a bit, and I guess it also speeds you up a notch although I'm not sure about that.
“I like how the whining about "censored" butts started instantly but it took 2 days for someone to notice the legs are also ****ed up” — rantboi

TUXs
12.12.2013 , 10:26 AM | #3
Geezus...USE THEM!

F3 = Engines to get to a node/fight/target
F2 = Guarding a node
F1 = Offensive push

I seldom use "F4"...
All warfare is based on deception • If his forces are united, separate them • If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near • A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer • 7-day FREE sub • FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Vember
12.12.2013 , 10:30 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Laurreth View Post
You deal more damage when routing energy to the weapons, shields "overcharge" a bit, and I guess it also speeds you up a notch although I'm not sure about that.
power to engines increases your engine pool for boosting. Anytime i'm not firing, i'm diverting power to engines. I rarely ever use F2, and like Tux said, never use F4

Oteefo
12.12.2013 , 10:49 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Laurreth View Post
It's a little more complex than that.....

F1 -> Boosts Regen rate of weapon power pool / decreases shields slightly (Yellow/green) / Slows regen rate of engine power pool
F2 -> Boosts Sheilds (Blue/Green) / decreases regen rates of BOTH Weapon and Engine Power Pools
F3 -> Boosts regen rate of Engine Power pool / decreases shields (yellow/green) / decreases regen rate of weapon power pool
F4 -> [default setting] Normal shields (Green /Green) / Normal regen rates of weapons and engine power pools.

F4 isn't a bad setting......especially in a scout on the way in..... a barrel roll and engine power boost will get you all the way there....without sapping shields.
SW:TOR: The K'vos Legacy (Canderous Ordo)
SW:G : Oteefo / Axox / Voosrik / Oov Irfiis (Tempest - Valcyn - Radiant - Flurry)
Xbox: Paddayappa

Grayseven
12.12.2013 , 10:52 AM | #6
It affects the regen rate of your various pools. If you have Power to Blasters active, for example, your blaster pool regen rate is faster than normal while your other two pools regen at a slower rate.

If I am attacking, I'm using F1, if I am taking damage or evading to regroup I go to F2 and if I am boosting from one node to the next I am in F3. If I'm in F4, I have hit the wrong button.
"50 Grades of Shae", a heart-warming novel about a Mandalorian that delivers beat-downs and assigns grades to her victims.

Soul_of_Flames
12.12.2013 , 11:02 AM | #7
Routing power to weapons increases their power slightly and buffs their recharge rate and nerfs recharge rate of other two.
Routing power to shields gives you more survivability and buffs their recharge rate nerfs recharge rate of other two.
Routing power to engines increases your speed slightly and buffs their recharge rate nerfs recharge rate of other two.

Snotrq
12.12.2013 , 11:17 AM | #8
Okay, thanks for your replies

Quote:
Geezus...USE THEM!
I do ! I wanted to be sure of its effects before investing into it as an upgrade. But wasn't sure if I was actually dealing more damage in weapon stance. I was only sure about what Oteefo said, aka the regen downsides.

I'm still not sure tho. I do feel Laurreth is right (because why the shield stance would benefit the shield if the blaster one don't increase their damage/ even more logic for the motor pool), and I feel dealing more damage in blaster stance. But maybe it's placebo? Again I'm only sure about the regen & shield effects.

It kind of have to augmente damage along with regen, as it wouldn't make much sense if blaster shots weren't actually benefiting from the weapon power upgrading. Still, ain't sure of it.

Another question I had is mind is, if I upgrade my blaster power pool. Do I benefit from it when I switch other stances? Even something <33%. Can't say
It's a trap -

Taleek
12.12.2013 , 01:10 PM | #9
Yes, you do, but the effect is diminished for obvious reasons.
*insert witty retort that will become someone's signature*- Kitty Prawn
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=347245
.- Never forget.
"DPS is science, healing is art, tanking is strategy."

Snotrq
12.12.2013 , 01:17 PM | #10
Great. Thanks for your help
It's a trap -