60 Sec Crowd Control Abilities?

DarkSeverance

What are all the classes that have a 60 second Crowd Control abilities and what are they? I can't remember them all and I recall Scoundrel having two of them, one to be used on droids and another to be used on people I thought (might be thinking Flash Grenade) I know Sage/Sorcerer gets one, but do they have others or just one? Do Commando's or other classes get some?

Empire:

Sorcerer: Level 10: Whirlwind - 60 seconds.

Imperial Agent: Level 12: Slice Droid - 60 seconds. Only useable on droids.

Operative: Level 20: Sleep Dart - 60 seconds. Only usable from stealth and only usable on targets not in combat. Does not affect droids.

Assassin: Level 20: Mind Trap - 60 seconds. Only usable from stealth and only usable on targets not in combat. Does not affect droids.

Mercenary: Level 22: Concussion Missile - 60 seconds.

Marauder: Level 28: Disable Droid - 60 seconds. Only useable on droids.

Republic:

Sage: Level 10: Force Lift - 60 seconds.

Smuggler: Level 12: Slice Droid - 60 seconds, only useable on droids.

Scoundrel: Level 20: Tranquilizer - 60 seconds. Only usable from stealth and only usable on targets not in combat. Does not affect droids.

Shadow: Level 20: Mind Maze - 60 seconds. Only usable from stealth and only usable on targets not in combat. Does not affect droids.

Commando: Level 22: Concussive Round - 60 seconds.

Sentinel: Level 28: Disable Droid - 60 seconds. Only useable on droids.

Note: Sorcerer/Sage and Mercenary/Commando are the only ones that can essentially CC any target indefinitely. Smuggler/Imperial Agent and Sentinel/Marauder can keep a droid CC indefinitely.

Edited by DarkSeverance

Troopers/BH have one...no restrictions on who it can be used on.
What one is that? I know my BH Powertech doesn't have one, at least hasn't gotten it yet at 30 unless I missing it somewhere. Do you know what it is called, I've been searching torhead but haven't been able to pin it down.

What one is that? I know my BH Powertech doesn't have one, at least hasn't gotten it yet at 30 unless I missing it somewhere. Do you know what it is called, I've been searching torhead but haven't been able to pin it down.

Concussion charge for trooper, looks like concussion missile for BH. Should have gotten it at level 22.

Scoundrel's also get a Tranquilizer dart that can be used on anything but only usable from stealth.

It's worth mentioning though that of all the 60second CCs, only the Sage/Sorc and Commando/BH are able to keep any mob out of combat indefinitely. They last for 60seconds on a 60second cooldown and have no restrictions on what mob it can be applied to, no stealth, out of combat, or other such restrictions.

Edited by Leiloni

Empire:

Imperial Agent: Slice Droid - 60 seconds, only useable on droids.

Sith Sorcerer: Whirlwind - 60 seconds.

Sith Assassin: Mind Trap - 60 seconds, only useable from Stealth and against targets not in combat. Can't be used against droids.

Mercenary: Concussion Missile - 60 seconds.

Republic:

Smuggler: Slice Droid - 60 seconds, only useable on droids.

Jedi Sage: Force Lift - 60 seconds.

Jedi Shadow: Mind Maze - 60 seconds, only useable from Stealth and against targets not in combat. Can't be used against droids.

Commando: Concussive Round - 60 seconds.

Scoundrels and Operatives also get a 'only usable from stealth and against targets not in combat that aren't Droids'.

Whirlwind/Force Lift is a base class ability, so Sorcs, Sins, Cons and Shadows all get it.

Scoundrels and Operatives also get a 'only usable from stealth and against targets not in combat that aren't Droids'.

Whirlwind/Force Lift is a base class ability, so Sorcs, Sins, Cons and Shadows all get it.

Sins and Shadows can only CC for 8 seconds. Sorcs/Sages are the only ones who get it upgraded to the 60 second version.

Scoundrel's also get a Tranquilizer dart that can be used on anything but only usable from stealth.

It's worth mentioning though that of all the 60second CCs, only the Sage/Sorc and Commando/BH are able to keep any mob out of combat indefinitely. They last for 60seconds on a 60second cooldown and have no restrictions on what mob it can be applied to, no stealth, out of combat, or other such restrictions.

Added that and levels which is useful to know when classes get what for grouping purposes. Scoundrel/IA can also indefinitely CC but only on droids. Thank you for the information.

This page has a nice overview for abilities (and looking at them without the ranks).
Yeah I've been using torhead. I just haven't been able to find them all. I wanted a list of 60 second CC, limitations and when classes get them to help friends grouping know who/when someone can CC.

Updated main post. Thank you everyone. Let me know if I've missed anything else.

Sins and Shadows can only CC for 8 seconds. Sorcs/Sages are the only ones who get it upgraded to the 60 second version.
Yeah it is important to know most classes have a 4-8 second stun. I don't really consider them CC because they aren't a longer term that you can rely on heavily. Although with enough class mixture in a group, you could keep something perma-stunned... it just isn't the most efficient means of crowd control.

Yeah it is important to know most classes have a 4-8 second stun. I don't really consider them CC because they aren't a longer term that you can rely on heavily. Although with enough class mixture in a group, you could keep something perma-stunned... it just isn't the most efficient means of crowd control.

Well Sins/Shadows get Force Lift just like Sorcs/Sages do in addition to that stun that every class gets. It's a base Consular ability. The only difference is Sorcs/Sages get an upgraded version of Force Lift that increases it's time from 8 seconds to 60 seconds, similar to how Sorcs/Sages get their ranged abilities increased from 10m to 30m - Sins/Shadows have a few of those ranged skills as well, but they have to stay in 10m range.

Edited by Leiloni

Havn't test it after patch but sleep dart and mind trap does not break stealth after use and they will not aggro linked mobs if you are not detected. So a group of assassin and opeartive can bypass content easily by putting mobs to sleep or mind trapped them and stealth pass the CCed mobs. Edited by ryancwn

Havn't test it after patch but sleep dart and mind trap does not break stealth after use and they will not aggro linked mobs if you are not detected. So a group of assassin and opeartive can bypass content easily by putting mobs to sleep or mind trapped them and stealth pass the CCed mobs.
It does not break stealth. However once the stun wears off, the mobs will seek you out until you've gotten out of range that they reset. Although this can work (I've used Mind Maze to do this) just remember the last set of mobs if still in close range can still aggro. Also if they do aggro, they usually train a lot more with them.

Well Sins/Shadows get Force Lift just like Sorcs/Sages do in addition to that stun that every class gets. It's a base Consular ability. The only difference is Sorcs/Sages get an upgraded version of Force Lift that increases it's time from 8 seconds to 60 seconds, similar to how Sorcs/Sages get their ranged abilities increased from 10m to 30m - Sins/Shadows have a few of those ranged skills as well, but they have to stay in 10m range.

Why do you not count Mind Maze to the 60s stun (as correctly mentioned in the OP)?

http://knotor.com/abilities/189245

My Shadow is only level 19, so I will know tonight for sure.

Edit: Or do you mean because it can not be done all the time?

Edited by iRouven

It does not break stealth. However once the stun wears off, the mobs will seek you out until you've gotten out of range that they reset. Although this can work (I've used Mind Maze to do this) just remember the last set of mobs if still in close range can still aggro. Also if they do aggro, they usually train a lot more with them.

really, havn't got a single mob track back to me but I was duoing with an operative so we CC our mobs alternatively, we probably got out of their range once i need to use my CC again on another mob.

Whirlwind always makes me giggle.

Can't the Imperial Agent CC droids as well?

Yeah I like how you can make it instant cast, affect 2 extra regular targets, and stun those targets for 2 seconds after it breaks in pretty much all the standard hybrid sorc/sage builds.

Balance.

Edited by krameriffic

Why do you not count Mind Maze to the 60s stun (as correctly mentioned in the OP)?

http://knotor.com/abilities/189245

My Shadow is only level 19, so I will know tonight for sure.

Edit: Or do you mean because it can not be done all the time?

No I'm not talking about what they have available in the form of CC. In my first post about it, I was responding to this poster:

I was correcting him because Force Lift is not a reliable CC for Shadows and Sins like he is implying. That's all I was saying.