2.3 looks pretty hot

DarthTHC

Interesting tidbits:

New flashpoints include all-new role-neutral Story Mode at Level 55, where Group Finder will match the first four players of any role for fast queue times!

Desirable dye color available in a method that's NOT cartel market gambling packs. Primary Black Secondary Blue Dye module schematic is available for players with Champion Rank with the Ordnance Acquisition Corps (Empire) / Adjudicators (Republic).

Complete Bounty Contracts Earn Galactic Reputation with the Bounty Broker's Association by completing bounty contracts during Bounty Contract Week! The Bounty Contract Week Event is not available on PTS.

Source: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6485178#edit6485178

Edited by DarthTHC

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, looks fascinating! Cant wait to see what the new missions will be like! And the graphics change sound intriguing! ^_^

Hopefully this will also show some players that the game is going forward, and not just concentrating on the Cartel Market! :)

I wonder what the role neutral flashpoints. does it mean that a party of 4 DPSers would be viable for it?

Also, new daily zone is cool, especially with all new environment, I was expecting a new zone on old planet, like Section x or Black Hole.

New Reputation to grind is always great, I hope there will be some macrobinocular/seeker missions attached to it.

Damn, looks I will have to install PTS again to check it all out :D

Incoming complaints from players about how the graphics vibrancy change affected the color of their favorite item/armor/mount/tree/revan robe.

but...but...my hood was lightish gray and now it's a slightly different gray.

WHY????

:cool:

I wonder what the role neutral flashpoints. does it mean that a party of 4 DPSers would be viable for it?

Also, new daily zone is cool, especially with all new environment, I was expecting a new zone on old planet, like Section x or Black Hole.

New Reputation to grind is always great, I hope there will be some macrobinocular/seeker missions attached to it.

Damn, looks I will have to install PTS again to check it all out :D

Those role-neutral flash points really piqued my interest, and I hope that's exactly what it means - super brain-dead easy mode to see the story. That way, the hard modes can (hopefully!) focus more on the fights and mechanics and we (hopefully!) won't be forced to sit through endless exposition.

Heck, maybe for grins if we're geared enough we could take a companion through those solo. Now THAT could be interesting!

Black-blue a desirable dye...? What planet did they fall from?

To be fair, the "desirable" was my editorializing. Black + anything that's not lame seems like a desirable color for many, no?

Edited by DarthTHC

Black-blue a desirable dye...? What planet did they fall from?

I think you'll find it was a moon not a planet a czerka one at that.

Sounds cool new daily area and that 1 week a month event , plus the free for all FP's sounds great. O and M1-4X hails you BioWare!

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Those role-neutral flash points really piqued my interest, and I hope that's exactly what it means - super brain-dead easy mode to see the story. That way, the hard modes can (hopefully!) focus more on the fights and mechanics and we (hopefully!) won't be forced to sit through endless exposition.

Heck, maybe for grins if we're geared enough we could take a companion through those solo. Now THAT could be interesting!

Oh, that would be brilliant! I'm not one for proving my skill or anything, I dabble in endgame, but its not the main reason I play. For me this game is about my character and the story, so that scenario would suit me just fine! :)

Edited by Cyberwoman

To be fair, the "desirable" was my editorializing. Black + anything that's not lame seems like a desirable color for many, no?

Nice to see a FP that won't require Tank/Healer/DPS. I'm sure however players will find the optimal team setup and start kicking players anyways :p

Will depend on the armor, as I know I don't care for Black/Purple combo on some of the armors I've wanted Black dye for, but for a few of them, the secondary color is less of a worry.

Nice to see a FP that won't require Tank/Healer/DPS. I'm sure however players will find the optimal team setup and start kicking players anyways :p

Will depend on the armor, as I know I don't care for Black/Purple combo on some of the armors I've wanted Black dye for, but for a few of them, the secondary color is less of a worry.

Way off-topic but there's an armor that if you dye it Red+Gold it looks almost exactly like Iron Man's suit. Problem is... it's not dyeable. :(

I have it sitting on one of my li'l Shadows just in case they ever put a dye slot in it.

Curious what the rewards will be, most people have looked down on WoW's role-less Scenarios as baby content not worth doing once beyond the initial experience.

The reward should be the story.

Good thing they put in hard modes for the same flash points for the challenge (as challenging as this game is... :rolleyes:) and gear.

Edited by DarthTHC

Curious what the rewards will be, most people have looked down on WoW's role-less Scenarios as baby content not worth doing once beyond the initial experience.

Story Mode is already looked at like this. I think it's a good move. Hopefully it will encourage people to run a SM to see the story so they aren't slowing people down running HMs.