Silent (Not Just Quiet) Ambient Machine Decorations

Xina_LA

I'm not able to hear any Ambient Machine decorations.

I tried in all of the various areas of Manaan. I used Ambient Machine: Tech Lab because it's one of the louder ones.

I thought perhaps it was a Manaan bug, so I visited my other strongholds, but they're silent now, too.

I used to be able to hear them clearly, although quietly, especially when standing right in front of them.

They appear to activate, but I can't hear them. I checked my Preferences to make sure I should be able to hear them.

I tried re-logging and even rebooting my PC. Is anyone else having this problem?

I took a look at this on another PC and there's still no volume from Ambient Machines.

They used to be quiet but at least they worked. I wonder if they tried to fix them but instead they broke?

At any rate, hopefully they'll be able to restore them with less range and more volume than before.

Mine show the hand icon but can't be activated. - Certainly on Manaan - have to check the other ones in other SHs later.

I noticed this problem in the Manaan SH as well, but funnily enough when I moved the ambient machines into a different hook they did become clickable again.

Of course, even when they became clickable, they still aren't producing any sound, as per the original point of this thread. So yep, definitely still an outstanding bug!

Edited by JediBoadicea

Yup, mine are broken too :( they appear to be working. The bottom turns blue and you can click it. My toon pushes buttons, the EQ starts moving, but ABSOLUTELY NO SOUND :( I checked the tech ones to... these are also broken Edited by hightowermusic
new info

• 4 weeks later...

Does not work for me either. Trying it on Manaan stronghold.

Edit: At first they gave the error ''Cannot see target'' but when I changed the hook they became clickable. But even after that, there is absolutely no sound. It's not quiet but completely silent.

I thought I could clarify the issue I had and maybe they fix it in the next patch? Seems like I'm not the only one having this problem.

Edited by vigilanteofomega