Player bounties!!! for BH's

DarthObitious

New player to this game, but SWG was my first MMO.

Player bounties was actually my main reason for rolling again BH this time around. I was a bit disappointed to find out that it wasn't an option - kept checking "bounty boards" every time I came across them:(

Though, I will say that the ability to medic spec my BH is really nice, with SWG my re-roll costs were well into the millions because I was always switching between medic and BH

Sadly this topic has been overlooked by bio since beta. I'm afraid such a wonderful element will never be implemented. Bounty hunting on SWG was the best thing I ever got to experience gaming. I would bump these particular threads till the end of TOR's existence if I had any glimmer of hope. Also, in agreement to the previous reply, PvE bounties would do wonders. It would at least allow us to play our roll, and not just be an imperial soldier. Edited by Kintaroshi

Heck, at this point I'd enjoy a mission terminal that allowed PVE bounties. Give me something that allows me to believe I'm a bounty hunter.

My original main was a smuggler but found I enjoyed BH after I started playing it. I have been absent from the game for quite some time but im guessing even in that regard the Smuggler has nothing to transport. Class based side missions would add quite a bit, Player Bounties in PVP server and PVE Bounties on normal servers. Some bounties rewarding more for a Capture rather an a kill so BH having a new immobilize skill or something

Unless they were to implement a system that would allow all BH specs, namely healers in this case, to be able to participate in player bounties (PvP) then they shouldn't implement it at all.

However, I fully support the idea of class specific missions. PvE bounties like they did during the storyline would be greatly appreciated.

What do y'all think of this.

Have a bounty board on each fleet. Allow players themselves to put bounties on their own head. Have a minimum of say 20,000 credits that YOU as the player put up. Now allow others players to accept the bounty. The player accepting the bounty will then become flagged for pvp when they are within a certain distance from the bounty target and vise versa. Also the player accepting the bounty also has to put up the same amount of credits and a bounty is then put on thier head for a certain amount of in game time.

If the player who accepted the bounty kills the target, they get the credits. If the target wins they get thier credits back plus the credits the other player put up. Set a limit on credits and the amount of people that can accept the bounty. The time the bounty is on your head will not decrease unless you are in zones that allow the bounty hunters to attack you. So you can't put up a bounty and sit on the fleet.

Now of course there are issues to work out but using our own credits will not allow people to exploit the system for credits. All players would have to be 50 of course. A system similar to this would be a lot if fun and make world pvp more relevant. This system would also allow people on a pve server to participate if they want. If not, that's cool too.

What do you think? Improvements?

PS: I wrote this on my iPhone at work sorry if there are any grammar issues.

While player or NPC bounties would be great to see, the reality is that the current state of the game is such that class specific content most likely isn't even on the "wall of crazy" at BW.

My thoughts as well. Was a cool system in SWG, but I just don't see it happening in this game.

Why not player bounties on PVE servers?

At least the way SWG was set up, bounties could be placed on an opponent who killed the bounty-placer in combat in a PVP zone (maybe duel as well, I can't recall). But, short version - there had to be a willingness to engage in PVP to have a bounty placed on you.

The PVE bounty system in SWG was nice for practice at low levels, but ungodly boring at end-game. Go here - kill this - return to sender. Rinse. Repeat. The PVP targets at least gave a nice challenge and allowed some RP, even when you caught them afk holo farming.

Maybe I'm just disturbed, but SWG BH's really gave credence to the term "ganking" - and some of the challenge was not getting caught following your target and really catching them unaware.

No, TOR is not SWG, but the latter had a lot of features that would be nice to have in parrallel

Edited by Stressfire

• 2 weeks later...
While player or NPC bounties would be great to see, the reality is that the current state of the game is such that class specific content most likely isn't even on the "wall of crazy" at BW.

This is very true. We couldn't ask for BH to get something special and not give it to every other class in the game just because of how class centric this game really is. We should be asking for more than just bounty hunting missions. Then at least the community could get behind it and perhaps the devs would take notice.