How many have actually cancelled their sub

Shepird

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it was a bit more fun this time around.

had great fun with the imperial agent the one with stealth and alot of knifes and knife moves.

But really each and every single time i ever go to play SWTOR it hits me up with the one time password.

even created a ticket for it....i really didn't like the +15 minutes i had to spend each time logging to my email get the so called one time password and login.

only to find theres a big *** update for stuff i won't bother with because its all fruitless....

So it'd sit there for another 15 minutes pondering........is it Really worth playing SWTOR anymore?

I mean i only really get 1 hour a night to play it and its usually spent waiting for it to download........

Bloody...hell.....enough of this....

Really did enjoy he imperial agent ability to cloak and disable dangerous targets before taking out the weaker ones to make combat a bit easier was fun.

but that one time password each and every single time...........EVERY......SINGLE........BLOODY..........TIME........:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Edited by Forcedminer
you need a one time password to access the reason for this edit. please send the time to go to your inbox to get your one time password then wait 2 hours for a download to be completed.

Don't need to post reasons why. Just wondering how many actually have. Mine runs out next Monday and I won't be renewing any time in the near future. I just want to know if this newest iteration of the game has really had an effect on their subs.

I was a founder but I part time play I sub for a bit then quit not because I dont like the game adhd sucks

it was a bit more fun this time around.

had great fun with the imperial agent the one with stealth and alot of knifes and knife moves.

But really each and every single time i ever go to play SWTOR it hits me up with the one time password.

even created a ticket for it....i really didn't like the +15 minutes i had to spend each time logging to my email get the so called one time password and login.

only to find theres a big *** update for stuff i won't bother with because its all fruitless....

So it'd sit there for another 15 minutes pondering........is it Really worth playing SWTOR anymore?

I mean i only really get 1 hour a night to play it and its usually spent waiting for it to download........

Bloody...hell.....enough of this....

Really did enjoy he imperial agent ability to cloak and disable dangerous targets before taking out the weaker ones to make combat a bit easier was fun.

but that one time password each and every single time...........EVERY......SINGLE........BLOODY..........TIME........:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

So....you're quitting because you don't like that your one-time password only works one-time? :confused:

Get yourself a security key (you can get apps for your phone or WinAuth runs right on your desktop).

I've played SWTOR since Vanilla (not quite at release, but shortly after) and in this time I've cancelled many times. I don't cancel because I'm frustrated or angry or anything like that, but because I want to avoid burn-out - and I have found that if I play it for more than 1-2 months, it becomes a bit of a chore. This way, when I cancel, I keep my experience as positive as can be, and my interest is never entirely gone. Then I take a rest from SWTOR that can sometimes last months at a time, but eventually I'm always back.

I've started playing as a ftp 3 or 4 years ago, became a more and more recurrent sub until it was permanent at some point. Then the direction of the game since KOTFE and ultimately the team running it decided me to leave in january.

Used a refferal link a few days ago to see if it was just a temporary angry reaction, it wasn't, I'm gone for good. I was actually kind of "sad" to unsub because I've loved this game and still love some parts of it, but 5.0 and the mess after that was too much, and still is. And I will not write here the LONG list of things that finally pushed me to leave. :p

I will consider coming back if another team takes charge of the game, I don't enjoy at all seeing them destroying it, but I'm really not optimistic about that. :rolleyes:

Edited by RswanBing

account created May 2011

Didn't have to unsub since my CC expired end of January. Sub ends in 13 days and will not resub until such time as Bioware gets some kind of clue which is likely to be never but being the Star Wars fan I am I would like to think in some small way that it "might" happen

account created May 2011

Didn't have to unsub since my CC expired end of January. Sub ends in 13 days and will not resub until such time as Bioware gets some kind of clue which is likely to be never but being the Star Wars fan I am I would like to think in some small way that it "might" happen

What are the changes that you need to see to stay subbed? They are making a lot of changes coming up.

What are the changes that you need to see to stay subbed? They are making a lot of changes coming up.

Well, i wouldn't call it changes in the meaning of improvement and developing the game further, like you would expect it from expansion and major patches.

It's more like they revert things back to what the game was before 5.0 Command grind and just try to fix what they screwed up. Though they only fix some parts and still leave others broken.

And they aren't solving any of the underlying problems the game has since the end of the 3.0 cycle.

The lack of a clear vision where SWTOR is headed to and what are the long term plans, aside from the next quarter earnings call.

Even if the pre 3.0 dev team didn't nessecarily manage to keep up the intended pace, there was a time when BW released a roadmap for each year. What they were working on, what they really wanted to bring into the game, even if things were delayed player knew what they could expect for their playstyle and most were waiting patiently as most of these plans would become reality.

Now we get vague informations what is planned for like three months ahead, though if things are to be released in three month they should be almost done by the time BW tells us about them. As insubstantial as most of the informations we get are, that doesn't really seem to be the case, heavily bugged realeses don't lessen this impression either.

Without any future vision ahead, why wait, why stay, if there are no friends keeping you and you don't like what the game has changed into.

The recent game updates are neither a good game for story interested people if you compare it to the various really great singleplayer RPGs out there or even to the vanilla story quality. With the sole focus on story that is the competition the game has to compete with and it doesn't rank really good.

For a standard MMO the KOTFE/KOTET story is ok-ish, but without real MMO content released, the game can't be jugded as MMO anymore.

Again there seems to be or have been a lack of a continous plan, otherwise I really can't understand how all these plot holes, contradictions and what the.. ?!? moments especially during the KOTFE chapters could have happened. KOTET was better to play, but only if you ignored what happend during the first 16 chapters for the most part and took it as its own small piece without other related context.

MMO wise it is just sad, rehashing old stuff for the xth time, without anything new really focused to please the MMO crowd. Not even a real FP.

Now this staged operation release, it clearly is better than having to wait until december, but considering BW spoke of 2017 as the year of group focus, it is not really a great performance. Especially as players complained about the lack of real interesting and challenging 4 man and 8 man content since the release of 4.0 > real FPs like the vanilla ones (the combination of story and group stuff in the vanilla game was what made them so special and enjoyable) , real fleshed out operations again the combination of world story arcs into the operations, was giving background and created an unique immersion<.

All we got are Star fortresses and Uprisings. Well you can do them as a group, but thats about everything that is similar to classic mmo group activities with them, and the story in them, meh...

Casuals not interested in operations are bitten too, the rnd grind system isn't really helping someone with not much time to spend with the game. On the other hand the curve of difficulty is that much botched that solo/tactical is ridiculously easy and everything beyond that is like crashing against a wall at full speed for anyone not experienced with MMOs. To me Casual is about the amount of time someone can or wants to invest, not about getting everything handed to him, or mindless grind stuff with no real benefit added.

Then all the other changes made to the fluff content like strongholds or the companions beyond the vanilla game. GSF... Neglected or changed in a negative way, making you to spend money in the CM instead of playing the game for things.

All these decorations that used to drop on the planets or in FPs...most of them gone or with now minuscule chance, Star fortress decorations are gone completely, currently. The new companioms, mute for the most part and not customizable. More or less generic bots with different skins. The old companions used to have their own personality their own story, that made them likable or hateable, added to the immersion, to the whole game experience package.

Quality and bug fixing..., there are serious bugs in the game for years, and each update seems to break new things that worked before. The preview window, is broken for almost a year now. The infamous16 man operations bugs, the FP bugs like the final conversation in Kaon, suddenly bugged class stories...the list is long.

But it seems as the only things relevant to BW are the new current favourite child and CM. Maybe they fix other things to but then they don't tell about it very often. Or patch notes say somthing is fixed and it isn't.

Then the general lack of real communication, there was a recent uptick for about two weeks, that raised hopes of things finally getting better, only to sink back in the usual silence and the not telling anything and particular not about possibly unpopular things policy again, stealth nerfs and changes.

People would handle unpopular changes much better, if there would be maybe some explanation about why BW thinks that it is nessecary. With the chance to point out possible flaws in the intention, possible side effects, that more and more often seemed to not have been wasted any thought on lately.

But there isn't, we only get empty phrases and "rng is exciting", We get "We hear you" only to see the devs still do the opposite of what a lot of players voiced and was "heard".

Or concerning patch notes "ooops forgot to post". It happens way too often by now.

These are things festering for a long time now and nothing BW announced really gives an indication that these things will change in the near or far future.

I do still have contact to people who left, who left for good now, they kept tabs on what happened with the game for some time, but now they loose interest more and more. They don't intend to give the current BW management another chance, because they don't see the circumstances, what drove them away, changing.

They lost faith into the devs to understand the community or to even know themselves for whom they develop the game nowadays.

If a whole new team would take over maybe some would have a look again. But as it is, they just become indifferent to the game. Which lessens the chance of them resubbing with every day they are gone.

Edited by Khaleijo

That's a very good question.

For me, I would need this:

- Story/Solo mode for all Flashpoints

- A higher increase to Unassembled Components in pvp, per match

- At least 200 CXP for sidequests and dailies, per quest

Doesn't take much to make me happy in this game.

Edit:

*I only intend to keep my sub for the duration of the exp event, after that, I'm canceling, pending on how 5.2 turns out.

Edited by ZeroTypeR

Great question. This is for both me and my wife who has just under 90 days left on her 6-month recurring that she's had since the stone age; while I have a little over a month left on my 60-day fixed after going on hiatus shortly after 4.0 dropped to show my displeasure with what it did to "our" game. With the latest band-aids and announcements merely making bad news even worse, we both cancelled our subscriptions two weeks ago.

What will bring us (and likely our entire guild) back is an all-in commitment by BWA to return SWTOR to its 4-Pillar AAA MMORPG glory with an official announcement for 6.0 that goes something like this:

• Galactic Command will be repurposed as the new solo-mode level cap advancement system that culminates in a Eternal Championship-end game;
  • The 3.x MMO progression, loot & comm systems will be returning for everything else;
  • Normal (un-level-sync'd) planet instances will be returning as a toggleable option to level sync;
  • Normal (unbolstered) leveling planet H4s, Flashpoints, HMs and Operations (and their original loot tables) will be returning (in addition to - not replacing - the current solo and bolstered versions);
  • Solo story mode Flashpoints will remain available as options;
  • Bolstered Heroics, Flashpoints, HMs and Operations will remain available as "TimeTravel" queueing options;
  • All future story content will have a group dialogue & play option;
  • Custom combat gearing for companions will return as an option;
  • 2 new 8v8 Warzone maps are planned;
  • 2 new GSF maps are planned;
  • Beginning with 6.0, all future expansions will be P2P (for which I'd pay $60 US each) and include the following:

- A new large and explorable open world planet (think Makeb or Balmorra in scale);

- 5 additional levels with story that is playable solo or in a group;

- 2 to 4 new full-scale leveling Flashpoints (group Normal & solo Story modes) with HM equivalents;

- Separate elder game heroic zones, each with their own themed Uprisings;

- At least one full-scale Operation with 6 to 12 bosses;

• We will release new playable content updates every six weeks like we promised (twice) featuring:

- A new zone, heroic, Uprising, Flashpoint, WZ map or GSF map; and

- A new story chapter ...

- With a new full-scale Operation every 6 to 8 months.

THIS would allow both RPG and MMO players to play the game their way (like it used to be), and it's not unrealistic because everything is already in code. Were this to happen I guarantee that 90% of our guild would leave where they are now to come back and reform the band within a week. Who knows ... the servers might even fill up again with happily returning veterans.

And just because ...

• An official Huttball league will be forming;
  • Dyeable uniform sets will be made available via PvP comms or for sale in the Cartel Market;
  • Capital ship flair for all-guild teams will be made available for achievements; and
  • Map lighting hues will change based on the color of the home team uniforms.

:D

Edited by GalacticKegger

A way to turn off the DvL pop-ups. That's it.

If they don't make that change, my sub remains cancelled.

(Also I used to buy $100 of CC probably about every month...I haven't bought any since 5.0 hit.)

(Also I used to buy $100 of CC probably about every month...I haven't bought any since 5.0 hit.)
Me too ... and me neither. Not that the amount one has spent on the game (however exorbitant) means anything to BWA - because it doesn't. The game wouldn't be in its diminished state if they actually did care what those whales have been telling them since before SoR. Edited by GalacticKegger

• 2 weeks later...
Don't need to post reasons why. Just wondering how many actually have. Mine runs out next Monday and I won't be renewing any time in the near future. I just want to know if this newest iteration of the game has really had an effect on their subs.

I still have fun playing. If you are not unsub. I just returned to the game honestly and its not that bad

• 4 weeks later...

Assessment: I have 67 days of subscription play time remaining, Master. Assurance: I will eliminate my game time if nothing changes.

Remember to send all your stuff to me before you go.

I'll try really HARD to remember. Oh, and NOT that I'm greedy or anything, but are you planning to give me something in RETURN for all those amazing items I have accumulated over the past five years? I think it's worth a couple of days with Candy, REALLY.

Report: Dead.

I'll try really HARD to remember. Oh, and NOT that I'm greedy or anything, but are you planning to give me something in RETURN for all those amazing items I have accumulated over the past five years? I think it's worth a couple of days with Candy, REALLY.

Report: Dead.

I'll light a virtual candle every night in your memory

my susbscription usually runs out every 60 days, and then I decide from there to continue or not, I usually continue

Ps! It is better with a "almost" great Star wars MMO then NO star wars MMO

• 2 weeks later...

-Story mode /solo option for all flashpoints.

-A story mode option for ops in which you can use your companions for different roles tank. dps, healer etc. This would make it even mroe important to increase influence on your companions.

-ability to equip armor on all the new companions from kofe foward.

-Nico, okar, hk55 etc. Niko is in the 1st trailer. Shae Vizla was given as a sub reward but anyone who plays through and does the missions can get shae as a companion so why not hk 55?

- more uniqueclass story content...Every KOTFE and KOTET Story is pretty similar... but when you played the first 3 chapters every story had its own feel. Durning kotfe its mentioned a couple of times that you are one of the outlanders, so its not hard to imagine that each of the 8 characters whom made an impact on the galaxy is one of "the outlander" so other than jedi or sith kotfe should have played differently for the other characters.

-It would be cool to see holo about your other character just like the agent's intro to the pre revan content. It happen quick but as the agent is looking as dossier's of different people you happen to see some of your created characters...which i thought was great.

- The end of this Old Gods story arch and a return to star wars lore.

-More star wars planets. Dantooine, Kashyyyk, onderon (these should have been in since 1.0. they're in kotor and kotor 2) dagobah (before yoda retired there (lol) It was home to a dark jedi cultist.), Felucia, Mandalore, (More content on) Manan, Ruusan, ryloth, umbara would be great too.

-More Strongholds, Manan, Maybe a Dread palace or Oricon, Apartment on Zakuul Maybe in one of the towers should be spacious and luxurious. Temple on Korriban etc.

-Lastly cartel markets should have a better great item drop rate. for a 26-30 pack, your should get 5 gold/platinum armor sets and 2 gold/platinum weapons. Recently most people aren't getting much which is why people aren't buying as much. Also instead of re skinning old designs and putting them out as new maybe you should re release the classic packs...I mean I am sure there are still people looking for malgus, revan, cassius fett etc. armor sets.

These are some suggestions i think would be great...I understand this would take many years and a lot for work but unlike the planets and content that would be needed there, just be able to equip your companions with gear from kotfe foward and nico ocar and hk55 aliance missions are not out of the immediate realm of possibility.

-Story mode /solo option for all flashpoints.

Don't they already have it for the flashpoints that are necessary to continue the storyline? Why should they make group content solo? At the very least I hope you're okay with them gimping rewards in such flashpoints, in that case I guess it works.

-A story mode option for ops in which you can use your companions for different roles tank. dps, healer etc. This would make it even mroe important to increase influence on your companions.

I liked the way they did the Revan story, and wished they had done the same for Iokath Op.

Aside from Revan and Iokath, absolutely not, pls. Ops aren't released anywhere near often as they should be, and if they remove the only incentive story players have for seeking out Ops groups, and further lessen the Ops population. You have no reason to need to play Ops desperately because none except the above two even directly tie in to the storyline.

-ability to equip armor on all the new companions from kofe foward.

They're making Theron Shan customizable in the next patch. Let's hope that's a sign of good things to come?

- more uniqueclass story content...Every KOTFE and KOTET Story is pretty similar... but when you played the first 3 chapters every story had its own feel. Durning kotfe its mentioned a couple of times that you are one of the outlanders, so its not hard to imagine that each of the 8 characters whom made an impact on the galaxy is one of "the outlander" so other than jedi or sith kotfe should have played differently for the other characters.

I WISH.

Wish they had made each of the 8 classes play a unique role in the way the war against the Eternal Empire progressed. Maybe like JK/SW fight Arcann, JC/SI fight Vaylin (and in the end, all four fight Emperor), IA/SM create the Indo Zal rebellion, and TP/BH lead battles with alliance members (like Darvannis, or Odessen).

But the time for hoping for that is long passed. Hopefully they can somehow coherently bring all classes back into the story somehow (although judging by Iokath, that's not happening).

- The end of this Old Gods story arch and a return to star wars lore.

This honestly could be a very good Star Warsy arc if they do it well.

IF being the important word.

-More star wars planets. Dantooine, Kashyyyk, onderon (these should have been in since 1.0. they're in kotor and kotor 2) dagobah (before yoda retired there (lol) It was home to a dark jedi cultist.), Felucia, Mandalore, (More content on) Manan, Ruusan, ryloth, umbara would be great too.

-More Strongholds, Manan, Maybe a Dread palace or Oricon, Apartment on Zakuul Maybe in one of the towers should be spacious and luxurious. Temple on Korriban etc.

Both of these would go a long way towards making the game feel like Star Wars again for many people.

[quote

-Lastly cartel markets should have a better great item drop rate. for a 26-30 pack, your should get 5 gold/platinum armor sets and 2 gold/platinum weapons. Recently most people aren't getting much which is why people aren't buying as much. Also instead of re skinning old designs and putting them out as new maybe you should re release the classic packs...I mean I am sure there are still people looking for malgus, revan, cassius fett etc. armor sets.

Hahahahaha EA making a smart decision? Nah.

I just cancelled my subscription. I have 46 days remaining. I'll leave it up to Keith if he wants to make players like me happier. I'll keep an eye out. I hope things will change.

"Just" cancelled? Wasn't that you a few posts ago saying you had already cancelled? It's almost as if you posted this just to needlessly bump a post, or is it that just you haven't had any attention for a few days?

Are you going to keep posting every few days just to keep us updated on how many days you've got left?

(p.s. Still waiting on your stuff - I've got my virtual candle set up for you, all ready)

i has a few months out earlier in the year, honestly i dhould of just stayed away, but the annoucement of ben irving leaving was a day of rejoicing for me and i celebrated by stupidly buying a sub for 2 months :rolleyes:. as it is, i haven't put much time in over the last number of weeks, and i'm likely not to come back until there are substantial improvements to the game, a new direction in storyline, a better direction -- and the removal of the dreaded GC.

When there has been some good changes, enough to get interested about, i may return, but the main kicker for me is the removal of GC. already did over 100 levels of GC on one of my characters and 50 and 30 on two others, i've had enough of this rubbish system for a lifetime!

RemoveRNG.

Edited by Celise

• 4 weeks later...
i has a few months out earlier in the year, honestly i dhould of just stayed away, but the annoucement of ben irving leaving was a day of rejoicing for me and i celebrated by stupidly buying a sub for 2 months :rolleyes:. as it is, i haven't put much time in over the last number of weeks, and i'm likely not to come back until there are substantial improvements to the game, a new direction in storyline, a better direction -- and the removal of the dreaded GC.

When there has been some good changes, enough to get interested about, i may return, but the main kicker for me is the removal of GC. already did over 100 levels of GC on one of my characters and 50 and 30 on two others, i've had enough of this rubbish system for a lifetime!

RemoveRNG.

I'm with you sister. Down below is something I posted in the PvP forums, so I'll post it here as well since it's relevant.

I'm probably gonna let my sub lapse too. I thought my sub would've lapsed last month, but it's not gonna end till July. I've barely been playing. I pretty much got burnt out at the end of April and stopped logging in since then.

I can't justify the Korean grind anymore. Galactic Command is so alt-unfriendly. If you solely PvP it takes forever to gear up BiS. I only have one toon around 275 (and I was playing him since January), with a few in the 100s and the rest in double digits. I just can't take any of this anymore.

All I really do is solo ranked. I'm on Harbinger, the largest server in the game, and for a couple of months now the queue has really slowed down. I'm sure it'll pick back up again when the new season starts, but after the honeymoon phase is over the season will die until the next one succeeds it. I used to do a lot regular WZs back in the day too, but the amount of UCs they reward is abysmally low that I can't justify playing them to progress my gear.

I'm glad I was able to play SWTOR again, and I'm even happier than Keith is now the Producer instead of Ben "The Thrill of the Hunt!™" Irving, but as long as Galactic Command is an integral part of gearing and this gear disparity is allowed to continue I cannot justify a sub to this game. $15/mo purely for solo ranked is not worth it.

Keith, if you read this, please get rid of RNG gearing. It SUCKS. :(

Edited by Talon_strikes