Shadow of Revan Announcement Trailer

TaitWatson

It's a war unlike any other war... just like every war in video games ever.

:rolleyes:

And "Empire... Republic... we must unite..." BS, nothing in the game will change, the factions will still be unable to work together or communicate, and their will be PvP missions mixed in with the expansion just like they were on Oricon, the last place that the two sides were supposedly setting aside their differences to deal with an "epic threat".

Edited by Max_Killjoy

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And "Empire... Republic... we must unite..." BS, nothing in the game will change, the factions will still be unable to work together or communicate, and their will be PvP missions mixed in with the expansion just like they were on Oricon, the last place that the two sides were supposedly setting aside their differences to deal with an "epic threat".

Yeah, we probably get an area like the NS promenade or Voss-Ka and a bunch of enemy faction mission givers.

I just want to say this reminds me of Assassins Creed Unity................in the end it never works out...........

YES, we DO have to pre-order, even if we are subscribers! I was reminded by a friend who also subscribes and plays that we DID have to pre-order the Hutt Cartel. I totally forgot about that. It had been so long ago. I looked at my account information which shows I did pre-order the Hutt Cartel, which means we do have to pre-order "Shadow of Revan." I'm sorry for the fuzzy logic I used to make a point. My memory did not serve me very well this time.

I'm sorry to drop that bomb on my fellow subscribers who were hoping, like myself, that you wouldn't have to. I am sorry to say that you do.

I did pre-order today.

So I'm excited about the new expansion (really excited) but have one concern. If I pre-order the expansion (and I most likely will because I love this game) are you (BioWare) going to make it free to everyone 2 months down the road like you did with the Hutt Cartel expansion. Making us pay now and then reimbursing us with just a couple of Cartel coins later because you lost so many members to other new games is not fair. If you are going to make it cost $19.99, then make it a requirement to be a Sub (they can always go back to Preferred Status later down the road). Don't then later on open it up to everyone who is F2P. Keep it for Subs only. Make them join and become Subscribers like other games do when they roll out their expansions. And before anyone says anything, don't get me wrong I have nothing against F2P players. But if you love the game then help support future expansions by Subscribing.

So I'm excited about the new expansion (really excited) but have one concern. If I pre-order the expansion (and I most likely will because I love this game) are you (BioWare) going to make it free to everyone 2 months down the road like you did with the Hutt Cartel expansion. Making us pay now and then reimbursing us with just a couple of Cartel coins later because you lost so many members to other new games is not fair. If you are going to make it cost $19.99, then make it a requirement to be a Sub (they can always go back to Preferred Status later down the road). Don't then later on open it up to everyone who is F2P. Keep it for Subs only. Make them join and become Subscribers like other games do when they roll out their expansions. And before anyone says anything, don't get me wrong I have nothing against F2P players. But if you love the game then help support future expansions by Subscribing.

First of all your entire argument is flawed. Rise of the Hutt Cartel WAS NOT FREE for everyone 2 months after it was released. It became free to SUBSCRIBERS 6-8 MONTHS after it's released. It only became free to F2P players and preferred players when they announced SOR. So it became free for everyone until THIS MONTH over a year and a half after it's release.

Revan has returned. Prepare to face Revan and his fanatical followers as you adventure through five new levels of story-driven Star Wars™ missions, reach new heights of power at an increased level cap of 60, explore exciting worlds and fight in new high-level Flashpoints and Operations in the Digital Expansion, Shadow of Revan, launching December 9th!

Pre-order by November 2nd to get special rewards!

Watch Now

Can we expect anything new PVP-wise? Maps, modes, etc?

Edited by Joesixxpack

• 6 months later...