The Kaggath Returns!

IMPORTANT: THE KAGGATH TOURNAMENT HAS BEGUN - FACTION MAKING IS CLOSED.

“No game of dejarik can be one without pawns...”

Many months have passed since the Kaggath Tournament came to a close. But I promised that in the distant future, it would return... that time has come. Behold! The Kaggath Tournament - Series 2! In the original series I would pit the power bases of iconic Star Wars characters against each other. But this time you choose the power base, you decide who will lead, who will follow, and what strongholds they will preside over.

The number of factions involved will likely vary, but for now at least six spaces need to be filled, with a maximum of 12 possible spaces. This will operate on a first come, first served basis. But do not post your factions below; to avoid an influx of offers and to maintain a level of secrecy I’ve decided to opt for a private message based system. If you are interested, please do post your interest below (this does not guarantee a place), but once your faction is finalised, send it to me via PM. I’ll try to get as many people involved as possible, but note that not everybody is guaranteed a place - excluding the King and Queen of the Kaggath, Aurbere and Warren-Stride, who have reserved places.

Note that I shall periodically update this thread to anonymously list taken leaders, units and planets.

Once your faction has been submitted, it becomes autonomous – you do not have any direct control over its actions. It operates as any normal Kaggath combatant would, with actions being determined by the nature of its leadership etc. You are however allowed to debate for your faction until the bitter end. I’m hoping that this will allow those who aren’t able to commit themselves to a large undertaking to participate. As long as you are able to participate in a regular Kaggath you are welcome to join, however you must be available over the majority of the next couple of months. And of course everyone else is welcome to join in the debate even if they have not submitted a faction.

Leadership: leadership selections must correspond to their respective positions within the Star Was universe i.e. Heads of State must have held the position of ‘Head of State’ or equivalent at some point. Also note that Allies (of which you may have two) cannot have held the position of Head of State or Second-in-Command within Star Wars mythos. Also note that you may have no more than two Force users in your leadership. And in congruence with previous Kaggath installments, if your Head of State is killed your faction loses.

Military: you have two options here, you can either opt for a single Major Ground Force which must consist of a sizable army of some kind e.g. Zann Consortium Army, Mandalorian Neo-Crusaders, etc. or two Minor Ground Forces which must consist of a sect, clan, militia or other minor organisation e.g. Death Watch, Nightsisters etc. and can consist of no more than appox. 10,000 members. Naval Forces operate in the same manner, you can either opt for a single Major Naval Force i.e. a navy or two Minor Naval Forces i.e a pair of fleets. Also note that selected armies do not encompass other forces affiliated with them such as the Jedi Order or the Sith. You may also not have a naval and army force from the same organisation.

Planets: Each faction can have a maximum of five planets. Each planet must have a designated role and all roles must be filled by at least one planet. Some roles can be affixed to multiple planets, see the list below for details.

Planet Types:

Capital: Max 1

Supply Base: Max 1

Stronghold/Military Base: Max 2

Shipyards: Max 2

Certain units will require certain planets to be used. Your Supplier will require a Supply Base planet owned by that supplier e.g. MandalMotors would require Mandalore. Your Secondary Ground Force will also require a planet that they are affiliated with e.g. Death Watch would require Concordia. Note that a single planet can cover multiple units e.g. Korriban would provide a Supply Base for Czerka but also allow for the use of Revan’s Sith forces.

IMPORTANT: Several units and leaders will not be permitted in this Kaggath, to ensure fair debate. If you feel any of these bans are unjustified, or feel more should be added, please post below. The list is as follows:

Leadership: Darth Sidious, Luke Skywalker, Yoda, Sith Emperor, Darth Caedus, Galen Marek, Thrawn.

Military: Imperial Military*, Yuuzhan Vong, GAR and CIS Droid Army.

Planets: The Maw, The Redoubt and any other system which are incredibly difficult to reach.

*this encompasses all incarnations of Imperial militaries.

However you are allowed to take a portion of those military units that are not permitted i.e. a legion or fleet.

Example: Revan’s Sith Empire

Leadership

Head of State: Darth Revan

Second-in-Command: Darth Malak

Allies: Admiral Saul Karath & Calo Nord

Supplier: Czerka Corporation

Military

Major Ground Force: Revan’s Sith Army

or

Minor Ground Force: Sith Assassins

Minor Ground Force: Dark Jedi

Naval Force: Revan’s Sith Navy

Planets

Capital: Lehon

Supply Base: Korriban

Stronghold/Military Base: Malachor V

Shipyards: Corellia

Shipyards: Rendili

Tips:

Don’t feel you need to pick the biggest and the baddest. If the Kaggath is any indicator, smaller, wilier and more evasive opponents can often outmanoeuvre larger foes.

Don’t be afraid to pick units from earlier era’s, standard Kaggath rules will apply so technology level is universal (unless considered archaic or advanced at the time).

Try to make your faction mesh well i.e. pick a supplier that complements your ground and/or naval forces, choose planets strategically and think about how your units will work together.

Be creative!

If you have any further questions please post below.

Let the faction making commence!

Edited by Beniboybling

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Units Taken:

Leadership

Head of State: Mon Mothma, Tenel Ka Djo, Leia Organa Solo, G0-T0, Jagged Fel, Darth Malgus, Darth Traya.

Second-in-Command: Garm Bel Iblis, Nek Bwau’tu, ROTJ Luke Skywalker, Guri, Darth Vader, General Grievous.

Allies: Plo Koon, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jaina Solo, Venku Skirata, IG-88, Wedge Antilles, Bastila Shan, Kir Kanos, Aurra Sing, Durge, Asajj Ventress, HK-01, Cronal.

Supplier: Techno Union, MandalMotors, Hapes Consortium, The Exchange, InterGalactic Banking Clan, Commerce Guild, Santhe/Sienar Technologies.

Military:

Major Ground Force: Rebel Alliance Army.

Minor Ground Force: HK-50 Army, Mando Cabure, Massassi Warriors, 501st Legion, Imperial Knights, 212th Legion, Trade Federation Army, Terror Units, Sith Warriors, Shadow Trooper Legion, Sith Assassins.

Naval Force: Death Squadron, Galactic Alliance Navy, Zann Consortium Navy, Thrawn's Fleet, Mandalorian Navy, Black Sun Navy, Open Circle Fleet, Malgus' Stealth Fleet, Revan's Sith Navy, Fel Empire Navy.

Planets:

Esseles, Anaxes, Brentaal, Bothawui, Mandalore, Arkania, Nar Shaddaa, Muunilist, Ralltir, Coruscant, Rendilli, Kamino, Dathomir, Kuat, Bilbringi, Carida, Geonosis, Coreilla, Telos IV, Hapes, Mon Calamari, Raxus Prime, Ziost, Korriban, Lianna, Raxus Secundus, Mykr, Bastion, Yaga Minor, Malachor V, Mygeeto, Saleucami, Droumund Kaas, Yavin 4.

Edited by Beniboybling

Well this sounds like a much better way to do the "Dream Team".

I've been kinda out of town without my security key so I couldn't log in and voice my support but NOW I can. I'm all in! Got room for me Beni? I'll PM you my list soon.

Of course! So far we have one space filled. :D

I know, but with factions being autonomous, Thrawn would wipe the floor with everyone. :p

And I've received your application and replied. Nice list!

Of course. It's fine. I picked two suitable tacticians. They won't replace him, but they should be fine.

Due to some issues, I had to cancel my account and only have a set number of days left. Unless I can get my new card before it runs out so...though are we creating entirely new teams here or using our existing ones?
Well obviously teams from War of the Dream teams are not going to be entirely compatible. But of course their is not harm making a similar group of units. As long as you follow the rules its largely up to you.

And the Kaggath likely won't be starting for a little while. So as long as your avaliable some time over the next couple of months their shouldn't be a problem.

I am getting confused on how to set this up Right about now..... Am I able to pick some of the same members as people that have already been chosen..... With Luke is it like before am I able to take an earlier version of him...... Confused at how the chosing ground units and Naval units is done could I Say GAG Navy for example? how does this work I am sorry being a pain I know.

And the whole Planets thing..... If I said I had a supplier Hapes consortium would I have o have the Hapes planet to get this.... wouldn't that make the supplier pointless as by owning the planet you own its supplies?'

Again confused If you could help me out here beni I would appreciate it I want to use some of the same principles I did for creating my original team but the rules are confusing me and I am not sure how to do the conversion at all.

Edit: I am effectively trying to encompass my Alliance of Worlds people into this but not entirely sure how to do that properly and have them stand any kind of a chance since I am unsure how any of this works.

Edited by tunewalker

It's a shame I can't have a specialty unit so I can have the Baran Do. I had planned an unbeatable strategy with them and Plo Koon. Oh well.

Ya I feel terrible cus my Navy is getting gutted I had a plan to use Luke and the Torpedo sphere to never require an offensive ground battle meaning our entire team would never have to use a single ground force in anything other then special ops or defensive battles.

But other then that Aurbere you think you could help me figure out how to convert my team into something suitable here I am a bit confused with the way the rules were worded.

Edited by tunewalker

I am getting confused on how to set this up Right about now..... Am I able to pick some of the same members as people that have already been chosen..... With Luke is it like before am I able to take an earlier version of him...... Confused at how the chosing ground units and Naval units is done could I Say GAG Navy for example? how does this work I am sorry being a pain I know.

Edit: I am effectively trying to encompass my Alliance of Worlds people into this but not entirely sure how to do that properly and have them stand any kind of a chance since I am unsure how any of this works.

Allow me to help. :D

You can have ROTJ-Luke but no further than that.

And yes you could Galactic Alliance Navy - though navies are optional - and that would give you all the naval ships under said Navy at the height of its power.

And just to go over how ground units work again:

You can have either one Major Ground Force - basically a big army. Or two Minor Ground Forces - two smaller groups like a Mandalorian Clan, a Stormtrooper Legion or a cult. Again navies are optional (you can just rely on your supplier to produce any naval forces you need if you want to be more mobile etc.) but if you do want a navy, you can pick whatever you want, as long as it can fly and their is more than one, fleets, squadrons, and entire naval force, whatever.

Hope this clears things up, more questions are welcome!

P.S. I would advise, at least for your military, not to try and convert. Have them in the back of your mind but trying to covert them will prove difficult. You can have the GAG Navy though which should help to replicate your old naval forces.

EDIT: And if you want the Hapes Consortium, you have to have Hapes. Rememebering that per Kaggath rules nothing else exists other than the factions in play, so Hapes would not come with the Consortium automatically.

Edited by Beniboybling

Allow me to help. :D

You can have ROTJ-Luke but no further than that.

And yes you could Galactic Alliance Navy - though navies are optional - and that would give you all the naval ships under said Navy at the height of its power.

And just to go over how ground units work again:

You can have either one Major Ground Force - basically a big army. Or two Minor Ground Forces - two smaller groups like a Mandalorian Clan, a Stormtrooper Legion or a cult. Again navies are optional (you can just rely on your supplier to produce any naval forces you need if you want to be more mobile etc.) but if you do want a navy, you can pick whatever you want, as long as it can fly and their is more than one, fleets, squadrons, and entire naval force, whatever.

Hope this clears things up, more questions are welcome!

How does a Kaggath work WITH OUT navy.... in short how is a naval force optional if I don't pick one do I still have one..... where does it come from what is it made of....... If I choose a Major ground force I assume I get no Minor ones yes? Do I require the planet the Major or the minor ones come from? If I choose a Naval Force what do I lose?

Edit: you awnsered the question on Hapes. honestly I like that awnser and I can see where its coming from.

Edited by tunewalker

How does a Kaggath work WITH OUT navy.... in short how is a naval force optional if I don't pick one do I still have one..... where does it come from what is it made of....... If I choose a Major ground force I assume I get no Minor ones yes? Do I require the planet the Major or the minor ones come from? If I choose a Naval Force what do I lose?

Edit: you awnsered the question on Hapes. honestly I like that awnser and I can see where its coming from.

If you didn't choose a Navy, and say had the Hapes Consortium as your supplier - you could have them produce Hapes Fleets for you in-battle. Or if your supplier was MandalMotors, you could have them provide you with any naval units you may need. The difference being they would have to be manufactured first, but the benefits being you become more mobile and less targetable. The purpose their was just to accommodate for all different kinds of combatants e.g. G0-T0 doesn't have a fleet, but he can build freighters etc. if he needs them.

There is probably not that much point as choosing a Naval Force has not real disadvantages but I like to keep it as flexible as possible and have the option open for people *shrug*

And yes, if you were to choose a Major Ground Force e.g the Mandalorian Neo-Crusaders, you could not choose another Ground Force. You only need a planet for Minor Forces. E.g. Mandalorian Neo-Crusaders come from all over the place, as do most major armies, so you wouldn't need a planet, but if you wanted say Death Watch (a Minor Ground Force), which are specifically tied to Concordia, you'd need that planet. That clause is for realism if anything.

If we can have full-scale navies, should I switch my current Naval Force?
Well its up to you really. On one hand your current naval force gives you access to Naval Forces which would otherwise be banned, but at the cost of size. I suppose its a question of quality over quantity, your call.

Well its up to you really. On one hand your current naval force gives you access to Naval Forces which would otherwise be banned, but at the cost of size. I suppose its a question of quality over quantity, your call.

I'll keep it.

"The more challenging, the better." :D