Star Fortress Bug: Companions Completely Disappear on Elevators

Xina_LA

When I take any elevator to another level, my companion is no longer summoned.

There isn't even a minimized companion control with a summon button.

I have to go to my Companions and Contacts list (N) to get one.

I've tried this repeatedly on both the Voss and Alderaan solo story mode star fortress runs.

I also summoned a variety of companions and they all disappear.

Oddly enough, they retain whatever buffs I put on them when I summon them back, even if I summon another companion in between.

I've tried logging out, quitting the game, and running on a different day. It's still happening.

I'm using a Jedi Knight on Begeren Colony.

Edited by Xina_LA

So as far as i know this is a game bug, i did the star fortress on veteran alot befor the 5.2 patch and this never happend to me. But now just like you said its all the time and it doesnt matter if its story or veteran. Report it as a game bug and they might fix it in the future

• 2 months later...

I have the exact same problem and it's extremely annoying. I keep finding myself alone in a fight and then suddenly remember, oh yeah I just used an elevator in a Star Fortress and I forgot to re-summon my companion. Very ridiculous. :mad:

I sent a bug report in game, but judging on how many other bugs this game has, and has had for years on end, I don't have high hopes that it will be fixed anytime soon, if ever.

I have the exact same problem and it's extremely annoying. I keep finding myself alone in a fight and then suddenly remember, oh yeah I just used an elevator in a Star Fortress and I forgot to re-summon my companion. Very ridiculous. :mad:

I sent a bug report in game, but judging on how many other bugs this game has, and has had for years on end, I don't have high hopes that it will be fixed anytime soon, if ever.

The last patch mitigated it, in that you can now immediately resummon the missing companion instead of having to switch back and forth. But you still have to remember to check. (Look at lower-left, oops, no companion status doohickey, summon.)

The last patch mitigated it, in that you can now immediately resummon the missing companion instead of having to switch back and forth. But you still have to remember to check. (Look at lower-left, oops, no companion status doohickey, summon.)

Never had that particular problem with the Star Fortresses, you could always just resummon the companion you were just using. However, this bug is really annoying because there are quite a few elevators for a relatively short zone so you're resummoning often. It's very irritating.

This is still happening. They have had a few "down times" and it still happens. Extremely annoying.

It happens in all the star fortresses, not only Alderaan. It only started after the patch when they added Iokath.

Another Star Fortress issue - easier to fix (I'm not a programmer, but even know how to fix this one. Its a wordstring that appears incorrect when you look at the STAR FORTRESS companion list of interactions. For a number of them, they state that they have helped you destroy the bunker on (Whichever planet) and then state that they will join you if you destroy the SF over VOSS. And the one for LEYTA on tatooine has HER gender wrong in the description.

And yet another Star fortress issue. If you break the glass between levels where you go down a ramp, at times a random mob will attack your companion and you can't attack the mob because it tells you you are too far away. AND, this causes your companion to be "stuck" there fighting a non-existant enemy and you can't go forward without getting killed by trying to fight things sans companion....

Another bug but this one isn't unique to SFs : The one where you get an item drop (it can be trash or a green or blue), and you can't pick it up, no matter the camera angle - it just becomes a line stretching infinitely upwards with no way of picking it up. This one has annoyed me since I started playing years ago.... maybe someday they'll fix it....

:eek:

• 3 weeks later...

Yep, it's still there in every SF, including the solo ones.

...as well as the bug where the magnetic anchors simply hurl you to your death. I have actually given up on the Heroic +2 and getting the Alliance companions because it's really frustrating to spend all the time doing that SF only to get killed over and over again by the magnetic anchors.

Yep, it's still there in every SF, including the solo ones.

...as well as the bug where the magnetic anchors simply hurl you to your death. I have actually given up on the Heroic +2 and getting the Alliance companions because it's really frustrating to spend all the time doing that SF only to get killed over and over again by the magnetic anchors.

I've never seen this one, except a couple of variants:

* A couple of times on the grapple-point to go up to the Exarch fight where I didn't land properly (fly up, immediately fall to my death)

* Numerous instances of the land-reversed issue, where instead of landing facing the same way as when you launched, you land facing the opposite direction, and if you walk forward using the Z(1) or up key, you fall to your death.

(1) It's Z on my keyboard. If you have one of those weird foreign keyboards, it might not be Z. I believe some of them use W, but since that's in the bottom row, that doesn't make sense for "walk forward".

I've never seen this one, except a couple of variants:

* A couple of times on the grapple-point to go up to the Exarch fight where I didn't land properly (fly up, immediately fall to my death)

* Numerous instances of the land-reversed issue, where instead of landing facing the same way as when you launched, you land facing the opposite direction, and if you walk forward using the Z(1) or up key, you fall to your death.

(1) It's Z on my keyboard. If you have one of those weird foreign keyboards, it might not be Z. I believe some of them use W, but since that's in the bottom row, that doesn't make sense for "walk forward".

#1 is basically the issue for me, but with *every* one of the grapples. The first one works sometimes, but that's about it. Have scoured the Internet and found that it has been an issue for others too, especially with Sith Warrior characters in particular, for some reason. I tried pretty much every fix I came across, including the ones here, and nothing works consistently.

In the rare instances I was able to get a grapple to work, I did also have the reversed direction issue, so I pretty much learned not to press *anything* but to carefully rotate the character around once they landed.

The character has never had issues with grapples/rock piles anywhere else in the game, so it seems to be a special Star Fortress gift...

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

I have found a temporary work-around for the star fortress grappling hook problem (this only appears in the "heroic mode, or veteran ones. Having been used to hitting the little square right in the center, from seeing them appear in datacron quests on Corellia, and in the Yavin Stronghold, it took a bit of "unlearning". But, there is a pipe that appears "purplish" to the RIGHT of each of these grapping squares. If you click your mouse MID-point BETWEEN the square and the "pipe", you land in the proper area. The "ending up facing the wrong way" is just an annoyance, but that can be dealt with.

The companion not appearing thing is still going on, and is very annoying. Particularly if you do the fortresses with someone else and they run ahead and engage in combat without waiting for you to re-summon your companion.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey look, it's January 31, just started doing Star Fortresses, and wouldn't you know it, companion keeps disappearing! Developers still don't care, all this time.

If you're not going to bother with upkeep then why keep the game running? Oh right you make money off Cartel Coins, so what else is there for you guys?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I just wanted to jump on the bandwagon here. I've submitted the bug here before.. maybe twice... since that infamous patch that caused it. Now all the bugs that were plaguing the Star Fortresses are still alive and kicking as well as these new ones.

Bioware changed some things (I'm guessing to make them more difficult for the growing gear scores) but didn't fix anything. The list that I can remember:

1. The grapples tend to throw you to your death or make you land facing the edge although your avatar looks to be facing the correct way.

2. Enemies are still hiding inside walls or machinery where my companion can fight them but I can't.

3. Exarchs sometimes bug in the reactor rooms where you have to turn off the reactor by not allowing you to continue while the exarch being invulnerable and nonreactive.

4. Companions not only disappear when using an elevator, the whole companion interaction bar disappears.

5. Sometimes, not often, enemies will be invulnerable (takes damage but never loses health) and I have to run away and make it follow for a bit before it becomes vulnerable again.

Please, do a search on Star fortress bugs in here and see how many of your player base is complaining about these. Notice how there are hardly any players ever doing the Star Fortresses. I could be wrong but I think it's because of the bugs. If the bugs were fixed, the SFs would become more popular. I have hope since the SFs have been one of my favorite types of 'FP' and would like more 'dungeon crawl-ish' types but without the bugs.

Thanks,

Kera

Edited by Keraejis
Not just the paladin becomes vulnerable, but any enemy and I have to run to 'pop' it out to be able to hit it.