Producer Livestream Wrap Up thread

TaitWatson

Hey everyone!

For those who weren't able to join us for the Producer Stream today, you can find a brief wrap up below!

Galactic Command

• We have been monitoring progress and feedback, and will continue making adjustments to Galactic Command.
  • In Patch 5.0.1 we are raising the Command Experience gained from a number of activities, ranging from 50 - over 100% increases.

Dark vs. Light Event

• Rewards were delivered last week to players who reached the various tiers. Congratulations!
  • We have heard your feedback regarding the Achievements, and we will be returning the Tier Level Achievements.
  • We are fixing Master Ranos recruiting issues in Patch 5.0.1 on Tuesday.

In-Game Events*

• Life Day (Dec 13 – Jan 10)
  • 5th Anniversary (Dec 13 – Jan 17)
  • Rakghoul Resurgence on Corellia (Dec 13 – Dec 20)
  • Bounty Contract Week (Dec 20 – Jan 3)
  • Relics of the Gree (Jan 3 - Jan 10)

Coming to SWTOR Early 2017

• New Uprisings in January
  • Master Mode Chapters in January
  • Master Mode Uprisings in February / March

You can find the archived video of this stream - and all of the SWTOR streams - here!

Thanks,

Tait

*These dates have been corrected from those given during the stream.

Edited by TaitWatson

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Patching' Galactic Command is not what a lot of your paying customers want. They want the RNG gearing system removed--or, as an alternative, for loot to be put back on Flashpoint and Operations bosses so that people will have two gearing methods to choose from.

I know this is not your fault and completely outside of your control, Tait. I don't envy your position right now. But be sure to let your bosses know that this is one Founder who is going to let their subscription lapse for the first time ever. All the marketing double-speak and vague "we'll monitor and think about doing something maybe" nonsense has made me unwilling to continue to pay into this game.

2 CXP per gold mob really just isn't enough. I understand that you all mean well, but you don't get to tell me how to play the game or what activities are supposed to be fun. Gearing up quickly is what is fun for me, regardless of the method needed to do so. If that means I spend hours grinding mobs somewhere? That's fine. It's my choice to do so.

I don't want to spend months getting geared. I don't. That's not fun for me. It should be completely possible to have a full set of 230s in the first week. MAYBE the first two weeks. Never mind the other tiers. Anything beyond that is excessive.

Edited by DakhathKilrathi

Livestream summary:

People who get hundreds of unlucky rolls may at some point get a barter vendor or some sort of catchup mechanism, depending upon the magnanimity of the devs that day. We're kicking the can down the road as far as we can.

The livestream was PR smoke and mirrors. The only commitment to actually addressing any community concern about CXP at all was increasing CXP gain for PVE activities. Nothing about RNG screwing over unlucky people, which is the biggest community concern. Nothing except "looking into" making CXP maybe slightly more alt friendly, which was the second biggest community concern.

"Looking into it" doesn't count because it is a string of weasel words. No commitment to actually fix anything.

I cancelled my sub renewal as soon as the stream moved on from CXP and it was clear the devs refused to extract their heads from the sand.

If I wanted SWTORng, I would have participated in the Nightlife Event. I chose not to partake the first several times it was active, and in the last run of it I only spent maybe five minutes on it. But even that was just for cosmetic stuff, not the sole source of endgame gear.

Edited by AdrianDmitruk

OK,on the livestream you mentioned that green gear is better than the old purple gear, however you do reaiise that the old gear has set bonus, and the new gear does not?

Getting set gear from the RNG is very difficult.

You cannot rip mods out from earpieces/implants which are character bound therefore cannot be transferred to alts.

Running OPS is not worth thge timne it takes to run the OPS, no drops and pitiful CXP reward.

Operations gold characters are usually surrounded by a diamond or two. Anyone with sense knows that these golds are NOT the same as open world planetary heroic golds. They should be increased, the fact that the bosses in Operations drop the same amount of CXP as the diamonds in open world or even lesser ones within the operations is also silly.

I hate this system and what you have, in one content update (because this isn't an expansion) ruined what we have built as a community that play within it. Our alts are stagnant. Even then there are ways to make it work so everyone would be ...I guess less pissed? But you wont because the word in the last sentence that sticks out, is WORK.

Dec 12th 2016 sub ends. It's the only way I see any meaningful changes being made is just leaving.

Doesn't apply to me but did the Harb rollbacks ever come up? Just curious.

edit: I see in another thread it was mentioned but nothing about what was said.

We are sorry, technical difficulties happen and submit ticket to try and get stuff back.

'Patching' Galactic Command is not what a lot of your paying customers want. They want the RNG gearing system removed--or, as an alternative, for loot to be put back on Flashpoint and Operations bosses so that people will have two gearing methods to choose from.

I know this is not your fault and completely outside of your control, Tait. I don't envy your position right now. But be sure to let your bosses know that this is one Founder who is going to let their subscription lapse for the first time ever. All the marketing double-speak and vague "we'll monitor and think about doing something maybe" nonsense has made me unwilling to continue to pay into this game.

Having the operations drop token loot in tandem with galactic command would be the best idea. That would make everyone happy. 2 ways to grind gear, you can get your gear doing both so if you have unlucky rolls on ops gear u could nab one with a crate.

Having the operations drop token loot in tandem with galactic command would be the best idea. That would make everyone happy. 2 ways to grind gear, you can get your gear doing both so if you have unlucky rolls on ops gear u could nab one with a crate.

I agree that I think there should be some type of set bonus drops from ops. I am not sure how to implement it. The old system was way to easy to get a set bonus. I think its silly that you should be able to run less then 10 ops and have your full raid team in set bonus.

I just want my old companions back. I'm really sad we're not getting any more until next year at the earliest. And that's if we get them back at all! :(

I agree. Ben seemed to almost be protecting Charles by avoiding the big questions regarding Companions. All we got was another "I care so much" and "Don't know yet/we'll try". Which could mean Spring 2017 or not a damn thing until December 2018, if ever. I'd like to at least hear a definitive "All remaining companions will return, alive and in a meaningful way". Preferably somewhere in 2017.

So they didn't say a thing about our old companions coming back or when they will be back. According to this stream we may be lucky if they come back at all, because if they didn't bring them in Kotet and didn't care to say a single thing about them, i would be happy with a "they will come back in the next expansion", what is telling us that they will bring them back in the next expansion. This was my principal concern, in a story-mode player and because of that i won't be playing many of my toons untill i know when will our companions back and why they didn't come earlier.

But if they didn't adress the concerns of the story-players and didn't treat the problems that the end-game players have with the RNG, what did they do in the stream? because this isn't what the people that pay for the game want and they didn't even aknowleged the problems which is worst, i don't know why i even wrote this because they didn't even care about what is said in the forums...

Bioware,

I watched the archive and I was disappointed with your answers. For starters, I could give to flying turds about upcoming content - the current stuff is broke and I felt like you were saying "Tough - suck it up buttercup." So if that is the answer, say it otherwise stop playing the wish wash routine.

Second for the archive, you missed what was like the first 5 minutes of answers. Thankfully Dulfy takes good notes. More just FYI, but still given the uproar I'd expect something more with real answers.

That said, for companions and other items...

• Can we get back the ones that were locked up or killed in the side missions, not in the core stories (broonmark / the Dashade for instance)?
  • Will we have the option to bring back our companion selection for a particular chapter. Not saying "what" to avoid spoilers, but honestly it really wasn't a choice more than asking "which big toe you want amputated - one needs to go.."
  • When will the other companions return. Look I get it you have 'plans' but give a rough as things go now date table.
  • Will we get the Sith Empress as a companion?
  • Assuming I locked someone up, can I have a mini game to water board them on demand? I mean I really want to torture that Twillek and their faction sent me mail saying they didn't care if I did. So technically not a war crime to go pulp fiction on them - just sayin'.
  • I didn't hear anything about more vehicle content. I get some people hated it, but honestly I think the game could use more of it.
  • What is the point for alts other than get to 66, get 8 slots for crafting runs and using them to make gear? Serious question being asked.
  • What is driving these changes? Some exec at EA want their kid to have the WoW grind experience on their platform and not WoW? Again - serious question. I really dunno any player that went "You know I totally miss the Korean grinding experience in this game. I mean it really needs it!" As an added bonus if anyone did say this, they were just trolling you or messing with your mind.

Blak

Edited by Blakinik

Since they apparently haven't got much feedback about purple drop rates.

The set bonus drop rate is way too low and the green rate is way too high. At rank 40 I have 1 set bonus and 2 other purples (implant and ear). In the 30s I got green after green, 6 in a row, a blue then more greens. At this rate it will be impossible to get a full tier 1 set bonus before getting to rank 90 and starting on tier 2 gear. There should be no greens in the system. Nobody needs greens. Maybe if you didn't play KOTFE they would be an upgrade but guess what, blues would be an even bigger upgrade!

Edited by DarthZaul

So they didn't say a thing about our old companions coming back or when they will be back. According to this stream we may be lucky if they come back at all, because if they didn't bring them in Kotet and didn't care to say a single thing about them, i would be happy with a "they will come back in the next expansion", what is telling us that they will bring them back in the next expansion. This was my principal concern, in a story-mode player and because of that i won't be playing many of my toons untill i know when will our companions back and why they didn't come earlier.

But if they didn't adress the concerns of the story-players and didn't treat the problems that the end-game players have with the RNG, what did they do in the stream? because this isn't what the people that pay for the game want and they didn't even aknowleged the problems which is worst, i don't know why i even wrote this because they didn't even care about what is said in the forums...

So, they "didn't say a thing" or they didn't say what you wanted to hear?

One of the changes with 5.0 that was stated would be addressed in the future was not mentioned at all - PVP Weapons and their new (supposedly unintentional) Valor requirements.

Eric said this was unintentional and would be addressed at some point in the future. Was wondering if there's an update on that situation that can be discussed, yet? Is there a plan - Tuesday, January, when should we expect to hear about those?

Master Mode Chapters in January

I am already crapping my pants about some encounters...

Zaamsk and Faedral in Anarchy in Paradise, the Battle Droid Atherna and his 2 Knights of Zakuul in Disavowed, the Ship Defense Droid and its Skytrooper Ambush in The GEMINI Deception, these were already a challenge in Veteran Mode :eek:

Edited by demotivator

Since they apparently haven't got much feedback about purple drop rates.

The set bonus drop rate is way too low and the green rate is way too high. At rank 40 I have 1 set bonus and 2 other purples (implant and ear). In the 30s I got green after green, 6 in a row, a blue then more greens. At this rate it will be impossible to get a full tier 1 set bonus before getting to rank 90 and starting on tier 2 gear. There should be no greens in the system. Nobody needs greens. Maybe if you didn't play KOTFE they would be an upgrade but guess what, blues would be an even bigger upgrade!

I have to say that my experience is not quite as bad as this, but I have gone 17 crates without an artifact gear drop. I don't care about this now, but it does lead me to believe I will need what kind of galactic command level for Best In Slot 242, 450 Galactic Command?

Tend to agree with the sentiment of the following;

* Green items should be removed from the crates and put on mobs, after all this tends to be vendor trash

* Blue and Purple items to be left in command crates

* Tier bonus set gear in Crates but also in Token from bosses in Ops

* Story Mode drop T1

* Hard Mode drop T2

* Nightmare drop T3

Heroic increase should be

Quest 50

Bonus 50

Champ 20

Gold 5 (not 2)

Daily Quests should have an increase

Quest 30

Bonus 20

Champ 20

Gold 5 (not 2)

This gives something for everyone and it gives players something to work for in Operations and makes those out of ops the casual gamers a better reward for doing content.

Introduce mounts into the command crate pool with Rank 300 having a chance to get a mount from the past cartel packs from the 1st pack to last pack before current packs.

Place Grade 10 materials on the Jawa Peddlers so we can use our scraps collected from the packs.

I for one am pretty happy with the system at present. I get CXP from a wide range of activities, not just the chance of gear from Ops we have done dozens of hundreds of times before.

Getting CXP on alts does need to be addressed somehow. As it is, I cant see me playing anything more than 1 character, when I used to hop between lots of them. Maybe cut the CXP requirement on alts by x% if you main has already achieved that level?

Gear colour doesnt matter. I dont care if its green, blue or purple, as long as it allows me to do the content I want I dont mind.

The unevenness of the system does need looking at. On my Tank I have 3 set pieces out of 15 boxes, on my Sentinel nothing.

What about putting a token which allows you to select a set piece from every 10th box? Or n'th-box?

Not sure about reinstating definite drops from Ops bosses. It means dedicated raiders will ignore the CXP mechanic completely & basically go back to the old system where they get a full set in a week or two (then complain theres nothing to do, loudly on the forums).

Im quite enjoying max level PvP atm, please dont put gear expertise back in!