Broken in patch 1.7.1

DarkDajin

I'll list the issues I encounter here.

- First off, the GTN is broken. Subcatagories do not work properly.

ex. Cartel Market Items > Packs, results in Emotes and Packs. > Emotes, results in Legacy and Emotes, etc.

Edit: This appears to be limited to the cartel market items, this is probably due to the introduction of the companion customization category.

- Hoods up/down does not work properly as stated in this thread, http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=604362

- Space combat has a new bug. Locking on missiles while holding the left mouse button to fire the blasters will cause the missiles to fire prematurely, if the right mouse button is then released, any remaining missiles in the launcher are fired also.

This causes issues with missile shortages on longer/more hectic space missions.

Edited by DarkDajin

• Dev Post

Hi there!

As you mentioned, we know about the bug with hoods and are working on a resolution. Please see the following: http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=5923845&postcount=39

We know that the Galactic Trade Network subcategories aren't working properly and are showing things in the wrong place. We've determined this to be the case only with items that were on the GTN before patch 1.7.1's changes to categorization. This does not occur with new items that were listed after that patch. Additionally, once the incorrectly displayed items expire, everything will be working as intended again! So this one just requires a bit of patience, as it'll work itself out.

As for the Space Combat report, we'll be escalating that to the Space Combat team to research.

Thanks very much for the reports! As you may have noticed, this thread has been moved to General Discussion to allow for better visibility.

Edited by AmberGreen

As for GTN search, do you also know that search for partial matches is STILL broken?

If you search for "Enha 27" you still usually get all enhancements grade 27. If you search for "Armor 27" you will most of the time get no matches, yet once in a rare while you will get all grade 27 armorings. Searching for armorING works ofc, since that's no longer a partial string match.

This finicky and frankly voodoo-like behaviour has persisted at least since 1.5 now, even though it has been reported several times.

(I never had that space mission issue btw - could be a mouse/keyboard driver issue - are you using Logitech setpoint? That can cause random weirdness at least)

Edited by Asavrede

As for GTN search, do you also know that search for partial matches is STILL broken?

If you search for "Enha 27" you still usually get all enhancements grade 27. If you search for "Armor 27" you will most of the time get no matches, yet once in a rare while you will get all grade 27 armorings. Searching for armorING works ofc, since that's no longer a partial string match.

^this.

You can search "holo" (holo-dancer holo-statue etc) with 0 results but "holo-" with 3 pages OR both with 0 results, but full word "holo-statue" still works. :confused:

Searching is way too random! Pls fix this bug.

Edited by Glower

Hi there!

As you mentioned, we know about the bug with hoods and are working on a resolution. Please see the following: http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=5923845&postcount=39

We know that the Galactic Trade Network subcategories aren't working properly and are showing things in the wrong place. We've determined this to be the case only with items that were on the GTN before patch 1.7.1's changes to categorization. This does not occur with new items that were listed after that patch. Additionally, once the incorrectly displayed items expire, everything will be working as intended again! So this one just requires a bit of patience, as it'll work itself out.

As for the Space Combat report, we'll be escalating that to the Space Combat team to research.

Thanks very much for the reports! As you may have noticed, this thread has been moved to General Discussion to allow for better visibility.

Please take care not to make ALL headgear compatible with hoods and only revert those that were altered in the past few months. Many of us depend on some headgear knocking off hoods as a de facto hood toggle, since there still aren't enough hood down robe options on the Cartel Market. Please don't satisfy some people at the expense of other people as you did with the Phantom armor, et al changes.

Ideally, there would just be a hood toggle, but we all know that's not going to happen any time soon and probably not ever. Alternatively, you could release a purpose-built hood removing helm that has an invisible appearance similar to the Covert Torso Armor. If this is done, there would be a de facto hood toggle and you could make all headgear compatible with hoods without upsetting many people. While this wouldn't satisfy everyone, it would likely satisfy most people who want a hood toggle as well.

Hi there!

Thank you for your response and the move to general. Hopefully the cause can be found for the unwanted missile spam, as it is making the heroics that much harder :o

• Dev Post

This finicky and frankly voodoo-like behaviour has persisted at least since 1.5 now, even though it has been reported several times.

(I never had that space mission issue btw - could be a mouse/keyboard driver issue - are you using Logitech setpoint? That can cause random weirdness at least)

^this.

You can search "holo" (holo-dancer holo-statue etc) with 0 results but "holo-" with 3 pages OR both with 0 results, but full word "holo-statue" still works. :confused:

Searching is way too random! Pls fix this bug.

We've been investigating the reports in this thread about partial searches not working. Can you please let us know if this is still happening for you after patch 1.7.2? If so, can you please confirm your examples and tell us what server you're on? Thanks bunches for your help while look into it. :tran_smile:

We've been investigating the reports in this thread about partial searches not working. Can you please let us know if this is still happening for you after patch 1.7.2? If so, can you please confirm your examples and tell us what server you're on? Thanks bunches for your help while look into it. :tran_smile:

Edited because I thought 1.7.2 already happened. :p

Server: Harbringer

Searched for "Crafting Materials">"Underworld Trading", then tried using "Quad" for "Quadranium" and got "No Results", tried "Quadr" then it worked.

Doesn't happen to all items just seems to happen to certain ones?

Edited by Wodaz

Hi Amber,

I am on the Shadowlands server and I see this issue all the time. One example I know is when searching for augments. If I search for "advanced overkill augment 22" I get nothing, but if I just search for "advanced overkill augment" I get 100 results and most of which are 22's. Its not a huge bug obviously just annoying because I have to sift through a large number of results I don't want to see just to find what I'm looking for.

Edited by TrickyNinja

Amber, the fact that you are responding and interacting as regards these issues speaks volumes. The little bugs are annoying, but the fact that someone official from BW is addressing the concerns and responding to player queries is very, very much appreciated.

On shadowlands - search "nerve". You will get two earpieces (as of now).

Now search "nerve-". You get 2 pages of Nerve-Damaging Chemical.

On shadowlands - search "nerve". You will get two earpieces (as of now).

Now search "nerve-". You get 2 pages of Nerve-Damaging Chemical.

This condition also is not constant... Everything is too random. :rolleyes:

This condition also is not constant... Everything is too random. :rolleyes:

Really? I must have run each search 15 times each, while also mixing in other random ones to see if I could mix it up. I got the same results each time I searched no matter what. The "-" seem to consistently trip it up.

Really? I must have run each search 15 times each, while also mixing in other random ones to see if I could mix it up. I got the same results each time I searched no matter what. The "-" seem to consistently trip it up.

Umm... i mean this may change in next few hours or days, not seconds! :)

Edited by Glower

Searching for "skip tracer" only leads to "Title: The Skip Tracer", while searching for "skip tracer`" leads to "Skip Tracer`s Cartel Pack" and searching "skip trace" leads to both.

Seems like a problem occurs if a special character (like ` or -) is the next character in the item name after the part you search for.

Umm... i mean this may change in next few hours or days, not seconds! :)

Lol, ok. I was just testing it he way I test my own SQL searches. You run some normal, best case searches, add in some crazy, see if you can break it.

quite a few more bugs amber.

Revan's set has long been broken.

image of revans chest plate in 1.6.0

http://oi48.tinypic.com/dovzi9.jpg

image of revans chest plate in 1.6.1

http://oi50.tinypic.com/2rekxhu.jpg

same bodytype and classs in the pictures, you can see how light grey the set became changed and its ugly. especially in bright lit areas.

set also has two hoods. which is not the case for revan as seen in all convorsation segments of the foundry.

http://oi50.tinypic.com/14b84gk.jpg

and in the foundry 1.6.1 same as the time this ss above was taken

http://oi48.tinypic.com/1z2n51j.jpg

Pathfinder's AND the Investigator's Robe also suffer from a 2 hood conundrum. while the devistator's also from the CC pack has a wrong icon claiming it has the hood up, now down. not a big issue, but I was set back a few CC coins discovering this the hard way.

Revan's robe leg peice when graphically fixed in 1.6.2 to be the right design, is the wrong color.

http://oi47.tinypic.com/sqmmx3.jpg

When they should be as seen in the previous picture.

and lastly, you guys never did add a "Classic" Version of the Chest and Robes. where it would of been the maelstrom version of revan's chest plate and the old version of the robes you had us use in 1.6.0

The gray helix sabers loose their gree graphic if used with a weapon dissapearing from hand like attack, i.e. saber throw, dispatch, etc. the blade then becomes a shorter normal blade like all the others.

the removed cartel relics Revans Cowl, Bastila's Sash, And the gauntlet of Tulak Hord I hope get returned.

in the 2.0 PTS you finally fix kalig's countenance to work with hoods again after a YEAR. I truly hope this wont be the case with this.

Edited by Magnusheart

Just to clarify this: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=607614

In short, you now can't hear a companions casual talks (i.e. when you come to a new planet) when you are running or not facing him. I've actually thought it was a problem on my side, but it seems like it's not just me (people responded in the thread above that they have had similar problems). Started after 1.7.1 obviously.

Edited by Doriru

I had similar sound issues aswell.

and unrelated to the sound..

And, as a friendly tip to help those who still crash in the begining of the foundry, or at the end of the esseless or black talon

alt tab out during the lightspeed segments. or if windowed lower it. I don't take credit for this but not enough know how easily a work around this is from crashing to desktop. something with the light speed lights that will do the WTFBOOOM to the comp for some weird reason.

Edited by Magnusheart