How about extra skill tree connected to pvp flag?

Iceslasher

There has been ALOT of issues pvp vrs pve, skills desperately needed in pve that are considered op by pvp players, so to respond to those same players abilities get nerfed and it sadly effects the pve players (I.E. A LOT of Healing Operatives after Revan!!!!!!!!) :mad: Anyways my point to this is, when the flag is activated your pvp skill tree switches on and can't be changed until it goes away. in World pvp servers, as soon as you enter a raid or instance, the pvp flag is switched off. simple ok not a programmer but ....it WOULD epic and amazing and Would stop A LOT of drama about something being nerfed or op, pvpers get angry sure nerf it , but not for pve'ers. :rolleyes:

There has been ALOT of issues pvp vrs pve, skills desperately needed in pve that are considered op by pvp players, so to respond to those same players abilities get nerfed and it sadly effects the pve players (I.E. A LOT of Healing Operatives after Revan!!!!!!!!) :mad: Anyways my point to this is, when the flag is activated your pvp skill tree switches on and can't be changed until it goes away. in World pvp servers, as soon as you enter a raid or instance, the pvp flag is switched off. simple ok not a programmer but ....it WOULD epic and amazing and Would stop A LOT of drama about something being nerfed or op, pvpers get angry sure nerf it , but not for pve'ers. :rolleyes:

Bad idea. Just like any other bandaid fix.

PvP and PvE separation is not the answer. You can't be playing a spec that functions one way in PvP and completely different in PvE. Class feel/personality/integrity are more important than the half-inch of balance that this abortion of an idea will afford you. It hasn't worked out well for World Of Warcraft, Guild Wars 2 and pretty much any other game that invests a 1000 times more effort in their PvP meta, and it damn well isn't going to work out for SWTOR.

I agree that changes are needed, but what you have suggested here is not it.

You need long-term sustainable change instead of band-aid fixes like this. You need cross-realm server play or server merges for better group composition in PVP. You need game engine enhancements so that team sizes can go up so we can have access to 16v16 or even large scale PvP. You need a few balancing changes so that insane things like Jugg dps+sorc heal combo or bad ideas like the lack of proper tank stat functionality in pvp don't exist.

What we don't need is copying another abortion of an idea as a band-aid fix from World Of Warcraft.

Edited by Jaggannath