Merc HO was OP and needed nerf but predation was so bad and needed more buff

omeru

I know this is not new and i posted this **** before but will post it again before my 7 day referral ens :)

So how stupid you have to be to think HO is extremely OP and needed to nerf to the ground but predation is needed buff? Mercs have no real speed boost they are slowes class in this stupid game, in 4.0 they get a back paddle boost and a big nerf on their only speed boost (it doesnt *********** work out of combat) and unlike all other classes new abilities you cannot *********** even use it while rooted but all other classes can use theirs and sorc can use it even stunned yea they needed another survivability buff.

Predation is acceptable as single speed buff but no it buffes entire team and it is also root breaker for entire team and it is also +10 deffence to entire team and it is not OP but HO is incredibly OP and needed to nerf to the ground. Dont forget in the 4.0 patch all classes got 2-3 speed buffs+extra root breakers only class who got nerfed on this aspect is mercenaries which are by far worst class in this game and idiots in BW decided to nerf them even more.

People will say maras needed buff and problem is not predation it is being a raid buff in pvp environment.

Anyways as long as BW combat team has this idiots pvp in this ****** game will continue to decrease even more. They couldnt manage to class balance last 2 years and when ever they tried to do it shey only buffed OP classes even more nerfing under achieving classes. We can see how stupid they are in last pt and sniper changes pt got nerfed a little bit sniper nerfed to the ground. PVP in this stupid game is getting worse and worse evwery time this idiots trys to make changes.

This new map wont save pvp in this game it is totally waste of money and resources which could be used better. So just another map where you will see lots of sorc and sages.

This game needs real developers who plays their own game not this idiots who plays wow and always steal ideas from them.

There was a time when even PTs have HO only in one spec. :rolleyes: And the best merc friend was LOS. End of story.

Bw just don't understand what is balance and they buffed group utility coz maras needed more mobility.

Edited by helpmewin

Predation ... is also root breaker for entire team

Is that true? If so, that would be news to me.

Here's what I do know:

- Predation requires a utility point selection for it to break roots, unlike HO

- HO grants immunity to roots and knockbacks for the duration. Predation does not.

I could see the root breaking effect being applied to Predation as a baseline, but it probably should not grant immunity for the duration or break roots for others. That would give Mara/Sent another util option.

I know this is not new and i posted this **** before but will post it again before my 7 day referral ens :)

So how stupid you have to be to think HO is extremely OP and needed to nerf to the ground but predation is needed buff? Mercs have no real speed boost they are slowes class in this stupid game, in 4.0 they get a back paddle boost and a big nerf on their only speed boost (it doesnt *********** work out of combat) and unlike all other classes new abilities you cannot *********** even use it while rooted but all other classes can use theirs and sorc can use it even stunned yea they needed another survivability buff.

Predation is acceptable as single speed buff but no it buffes entire team and it is also root breaker for entire team and it is also +10 deffence to entire team and it is not OP but HO is incredibly OP and needed to nerf to the ground. Dont forget in the 4.0 patch all classes got 2-3 speed buffs+extra root breakers only class who got nerfed on this aspect is mercenaries which are by far worst class in this game and idiots in BW decided to nerf them even more.

People will say maras needed buff and problem is not predation it is being a raid buff in pvp environment.

Anyways as long as BW combat team has this idiots pvp in this ****** game will continue to decrease even more. They couldnt manage to class balance last 2 years and when ever they tried to do it shey only buffed OP classes even more nerfing under achieving classes. We can see how stupid they are in last pt and sniper changes pt got nerfed a little bit sniper nerfed to the ground. PVP in this stupid game is getting worse and worse evwery time this idiots trys to make changes.

This new map wont save pvp in this game it is totally waste of money and resources which could be used better. So just another map where you will see lots of sorc and sages.

This game needs real developers who plays their own game not this idiots who plays wow and always steal ideas from them.

Couple of things:

1) I agree it was very unfair to nerf HO/HtL for Mercs and Commandos. Rocket Out was not an acceptable tradeoff.

2) That said, all Bounty Hunters and Inquisitors had their speed buff cooldown increased by 50%. So it wasn't personal.

Is that true? If so, that would be news to me.

Here's what I do know:

- Predation requires a utility point selection for it to break roots, unlike HO

- HO grants immunity to roots and knockbacks for the duration. Predation does not.

I could see the root breaking effect being applied to Predation as a baseline, but it probably should not grant immunity for the duration or break roots for others. That would give Mara/Sent another util option.

Does it root break the whole team?

Merc HO wasnt OP. PT HO was OP, but BW decided to nerf BH HO, not just PT HO :cool:

Mara is the only class in-game which only has rootbreak in HEROIC tier. Sure we have 3 there, but nothing in lower level. The free Predation utility allows us to not sacrifice our dps for our main rootbreak. Tell me which is the other class that needs to choose between rootbreak and dps? Or spend a utility point to allow both? Or have rootbreak only in heroic tier? Ppl always see mara is OP here, mara is OP there, yet we arent one of the FOTMs. You should stop with this maraphobia.

Does it root break the whole team?

It does. And btw that 10% Defense is so much. Do ppl realize Defense only works against WHITE damage? Which is like 5% of all pvp dmg? So maras and their team members have 20% (10% baseline+10% pred buff) chance to dodge 5% of all damage. So we ignore roughly 1% of all incoming dmg at average*. OP!!!!!! Nerf it to the ground pls!

*If opposing team consist mainly from sorcs, PTs and operatives (wow, never seen that), that 1% value gets much lower.

Edited by jauvtus

Couple of things:

1) I agree it was very unfair to nerf HO/HtL for Mercs and Commandos. Rocket Out was not an acceptable tradeoff.

just to follow up on this: the nerf was a meta nerf not intended as the AC nerf that it was in practice. what I mean by that is all similar "old" movement buffs were nerfed ~15s. but as nala said, the new buffs were not as equitably or unilaterally good as the nerfs were bad. take 15s off of sprint in trade for PW? F-yeah! take 15s off of HO for the (formerly tank exclusive) leap? F-yeah! but take 15s off of HO for a backwards sprint that cannot break roots, ignore dmg or change levels? no. please give me my 15s back. k thnks.

it is funny that they gave mercs that thing that is great in 1v1 kiting but really frustrating as an escape or a movement buff (I have to be so careful lining it up that there's a net lose in time traveled from point A to point B).

Edited by foxmob

It does. And btw that 10% Defense is so much. Do ppl realize Defense only works against WHITE damage? Which is like 5% of all pvp dmg? So maras and their team members have 20% (10% baseline+10% pred buff) chance to dodge 5% of all damage. So we ignore roughly 1% of all incoming dmg at average*. OP!!!!!! Nerf it to the ground pls!

*If opposing team consist mainly from sorcs, PTs and operatives (wow, never seen that), that 1% value gets much lower.

It's actually 10% for the Inquisitor/Consular class ONLY for defense chance. Everybody else has 5%. It definitely helps for the likes of carnage marauders, marksman snipers, and railshots/HiBs since so many people in PvP only do 101% accuracy.

It's actually 10% for the Inquisitor/Consular class ONLY for defense chance. Everybody else has 5%. It definitely helps for the likes of carnage marauders, marksman snipers, and railshots/HiBs since so many people in PvP only do 101% accuracy.

So I have 15% chance (i said 20% since thats max for teammates) to dodge TWO DISCIPLINES (out of 18) + a few abilities. Yeah it's gamebreaking.

I'm not saying it's nothing or that it needs buffing but EVERY time ppl whine about maras, they bring up our increased defense. I'd trade 30s Predation for 45s HO.

To the op, nerf electronet then we can talk about everything else...

Electrot is one of the abilities come with RoTH and some examples other classes get Jugg-saber reflect, sorc god mode barrier, operative roll, sin phase walk, so let remove all this abilities and remove elctronet too. Electro net is only kiting ability but thanks to bw melee classes can nagate it easily now for example jugg can use a skillfull ability and remove elekcronet effect and bam it is now only damage ability so your only kiting ability is almost useless now. BW already nerfed it for you dont worry. I would trade electronet with force barrier or phase walk or saber reflect or a roll like concealment operatives have.

As you see electronet is not that OP when you think what other classes get, but i must say at least it is better than what maras get for that tier, dual saber twrow is worst in all lvl 51 abilities.

You are complaining about electronet so i am sure you are one of the noob FOTM sorcs rollers who get globaled afte netted i will give you an advice you can use your cc breaker and use your god mode barrier after your ccbrreaker since it removes hinder affect of net.

Edited by omeru

HO gives you immunity to roots and physics effects as a baseline ability.

Predation just breaks roots, doesn't stop them from being re-applied. It also only breaks roots if you spend a utility point and it is only usable without needing 30 stacks of fury if you spend another point.

So I have 15% chance (i said 20% since thats max for teammates) to dodge TWO DISCIPLINES (out of 18) + a few abilities. Yeah it's gamebreaking.

I'm not saying it's nothing or that it needs buffing but EVERY time ppl whine about maras, they bring up our increased defense. I'd trade 30s Predation for 45s HO.

blazing bolts is white, so is priming shot for arsenal. I think furious strike is as well for rage/fury specs, but not positive. most ACs can mix up the attacks. iirc correctly, maul, for example, is weapon dmg but shock and surge are force? basically, almost everyone has something they can do to get around chaff flares, dodge, shroud. it's not such a big deal as "only good against X and Y." the real issue is how long FotM lasts .

for instance, when dotsins were fairly op, I was taking the DR attached to cleanse. it served me very well. but now that I cannot count on 70% of every match to be dotsin/sorc, it's pointless to take it. what I'm getting at is that the problem isn't that you're only really strong against 2 specs with the defense chance (for example) but that the specs that everyone's running (foty) just doesn't change frequently enough.

Edited by foxmob

HO gives you immunity to roots and physics effects as a baseline ability.

Predation just breaks roots, doesn't stop them from being re-applied. It also only breaks roots if you spend a utility point and it is only usable without needing 30 stacks of fury if you spend another point.

My point is not predation as marader ability my point predation is being a raid utility in PvP, i have no problem predation is being mara only utility and i would like to spend 1i 2 skillfull or heroic utility to make HO shorter CD and faster also rocket out can be used while rooted, since melee getting 15% base speed increase 30% speed increase with HO wont get you out of melee range before 2-3 gcd and with game's terrible positioning it generally ends up 3-4 gcd and they have some 10 meters abilities and latest most played specs rage and fury has also 10 meters gap closer so it makes almost impossible to kite a melee class who knows what he is doing. Just play a little with merc and you will see all melee classes will be all over you in entire match because you are seen as free kill.

Every class has utility points to increse their speed, add another root breaker make shorter their gap closers cd there are only a few classes who doesnt have it and these classes are in the bottom of all classes. Every class got lots of speed buffs during class changes only class which didnt change till 4.0 is mercs and they got the worst speed buff it could be viable if i could use it while rooted and use it camera direction like rolls.

Edited by omeru