Imperial Agent (Chapter 3 Ending).

FrancisLa-Laine

Hi everyone,

First of all, I apologize for my " bad English ".

I am French, but I think that I might have better answers to my questions if I share them on the English forum.

I finished the IA's story yesterday and I am a little bit sceptical. I adored the intrigue and, contrary to many people, I liked a lot the relation with Hunter / Huntress, who truly moved me at the end (I specify that I play roleplay). As regards the Imperial Intelligence and the Dark Council / Darth Jadus, I consider that my Agent "hates" them viscerally because they tried to manipulate him (and they quite succeeded). He knows that they had their reasons to do so, but he never forgave, for example, Keeper/the Minister.

That being said, I assume that you understand why my Agent did'nt want to give the Black Codex, either to the Imperial Intelligence, or to Darth Jadus (he was is Hand, by the way, and he put much confidence in him ; that's partially why my Agent ended up frustrated and mad at him, in my opinion). However, he had 3 possibilities : give the Codex to Imperial Intelligence, give it to Darth Jadus, or destroy it. In a roleplay point of view, my Agent would have liked to use the Codex to erase his past life and become some kind of ghost. But, if I'm not mistaken, the only way to do this was to give it to the Minister then, and that wasn't really an option ... :rolleyes: Therefore, I (my Agent) considered that destroying the Black Codex was, from far, the best way to say "f*ck off everybody" and that's specifically what I wanted to do. Furthermore, my Agent secretly supported the ideals and goals of the Star Cabal (in fact, he said it to Hunter / Huntress two or three times). Plus, in the end, Hunter / Huntress told him to "protect the secrets of the Star Cabal" and my Agent truly wanted to fulfill his/her will. All things considered, it appeared to me that destroying the Black Codex was the most "logical" (and roleplay-friendly) option ...

But here we are ; I lied to the Minister by telling him that there wasn't any Codex. Then, he told me that I'll have to flee because I'll become some kind of "rebel" and "indesirable" agent, just as him. And now, I don't really know where my Agent is ... I mean, he wanted to respect the will of Hunter / Huntress ; is it what he did ? "What" is he, now ? I earned the title "Master Conspirator" when I finished the Chapter 3, and I've got to say that I kinda like this one because he suits well to my Agent (as I said, he secretly supported the Star Cabal et he would have joined the conspirators if he could). But do all the IA obtain the same title by finishing the story ?

I know that it's a lot of questioning, but I would like to "see more clearly" there.

Thank you, by advance, and have a nice day.

Yes, all Agents receive the "Master Conspirator" title after finishing Chapter 3.

Personally, I stay with "Cipher Agent" all the way through the story and afterward, although I will probably switch to "Sith Intelligence Commander" if I ever get around to playing Shadow of Revan as my Agent.

Yes, all Agents receive the "Master Conspirator" title after finishing Chapter 3.

Personally, I stay with "Cipher Agent" all the way through the story and afterward, although I will probably switch to "Sith Intelligence Commander" if I ever get around to playing Shadow of Revan as my Agent.

This.

Also, OP your written English is superior to a lot of native English speakers I have seen. Sad but true.

Edited by Temeluchus

J_Craver -> I'm not sure to understand. How can you "switch" from Cipher Agent to Sith Intelligence Commander, in SoR ?

Temeluchus -> Thank you. I suppose it's because I am very careful in the way I express myself, for fear of not being understood. Because of that, it is possible that I don't seem natural.

Thank you for your answers but, in the end, neither of you really answered to my questions ... :D In your opinion, did my Agent act in a coherent way (towards the Black Codex), considering all that I said ? Did he fulfill the will of Hunter / Huntress ? What does imply the fact that he is "rebel" and "indesirable" (as Keeper/the Minister said) ?

It's important for me, from a roleplay point of view ... :confused:

J_Craver -> I'm not sure to understand. How can you "switch" from Cipher Agent to Sith Intelligence Commander, in SoR ?

Actually it starts when your Agent starts the Makeb storyline. You know how all the NPCs will call your characters by a generic title? (Master Jedi, Wrath, Captain, etc.) Well the Agent stops being called "Agent" or "Cipher" by the story NPCs and instead they're called "Commander." At the end of SoR your Agent will get a "Commander of Sith Intelligence" title that you can display over your character's head. But "Commander" is just the new, generic name your Agent is called.

(There's more to it, but I don't want to give the story away if you haven't done Rise of the Hutt Cartel (Imperial Side), SoR, or KotFE.

Edit:

In your opinion, did my Agent act in a coherent way (towards the Black Codex), considering all that I said ? Did he fulfill the will of Hunter / Huntress ? What does imply the fact that he is "rebel" and "indesirable" (as Keeper/the Minister said) ?

It's important for me, from a roleplay point of view ... :confused:

That's honestly up to you to decide. The Agent is the only story that had a couple different endings (Keep Black Box, give black box to the Sith, or give it to Arden Koth-if the agent didn't kill him in Act 2-and defect to the Republic and become an SIS deep cover agent). It's up to you to interpret. Honestly, my agent did pretty much the same thing yours did (other than being the Hand of Jadus part) and it felt right. To ME. Other people will argue that what they did was best. It's kind of what makes the agent's story so wonderful.

I know that's not the answer you're looking for, but nobody but yourself can validate how you feel your agent should have acted. Only you can do that :)

Edited by AngFour

My main Agent operative, she felt the black box was too powerful for anyone to have, and destroyed it and went rogue. Mostly because the events of chapter 2 broke the camel's back. Being manipulated like she was, she basically pulled a Bourne, and went rogue.

AngFour -> At last, somebody who destroyed the Black Codex ! Well, thank you for your answer. :) I didn't know that the Agent was called "Commander" in the add-ons, but now I understand. As regards the rest, I agree with you : it's up to me to decide, from the moment it's called "roleplay", I guess. However, I was sceptical because when I achieved the IA's storyline, I really wondered if I have acted in a coherent way. In comparison, when I finished the Sith Warrior's storyline, the whole thing appeared "clear and logical" to me, if I may say so. And to return to my Agent there, I said to myself that, knowing all the "bad things" that the Black Codex did and knowing, also, that Hunter / Huntress didn't want it to end up in the hands of whoever but Cipher 9, it was better to simply destroy it. As I wasn't sure of all this, I came here in search of approval (or not) from by fellow SWTOR-players :D Once again, thanks for your attention.

kladza -> Yeah so that's cool, because it's specifically what I wanted for my Agent ! In my opinion, he has been so much disgusted, as well by the Empire as by the Republic, that he now doesn't want to be forced to do anything.

TalonVII -> At last, somebody (else) who destroyed the Black Codex ! :p It was quite the same thing to me : he thought that the Black Codex was to powerful and dangerous so he prefered to destroy it ... As well for the "being manipulated like she was, she basically pulled a Bourne, and went rogue" part. I mean, the IA's storyline is truly made to disgust the player of the Empire as of the Republic. In the end, it appears logical to go rogue, I guess.

AngFour -> At last, somebody who destroyed the Black Codex ! Well, thank you for your answer. :) I didn't know that the Agent was called "Commander" in the add-ons, but now I understand. As regards the rest, I agree with you : it's up to me to decide, from the moment it's called "roleplay", I guess. However, I was sceptical because when I achieved the IA's storyline, I really wondered if I have acted in a coherent way. In comparison, when I finished the Sith Warrior's storyline, the whole thing appeared "clear and logical" to me, if I may say so. And to return to my Agent there, I said to myself that, knowing all the "bad things" that the Black Codex did and knowing, also, that Hunter / Huntress didn't want it to end up in the hands of whoever but Cipher 9, it was better to simply destroy it. As I wasn't sure of all this, I came here in search of approval (or not) from by fellow SWTOR-players :D Once again, thanks for your attention.

kladza -> Yeah so that's cool, because it's specifically what I wanted for my Agent ! In my opinion, he has been so much disgusted, as well by the Empire as by the Republic, that he now doesn't want to be forced to do anything.

TalonVII -> At last, somebody (else) who destroyed the Black Codex ! :p It was quite the same thing to me : he thought that the Black Codex was to powerful and dangerous so he prefered to destroy it ... As well for the "being manipulated like she was, she basically pulled a Bourne, and went rogue" part. I mean, the IA's storyline is truly made to disgust the player of the Empire as of the Republic. In the end, it appears logical to go rogue, I guess.

Well thanks for the reply. The thing, is you can take your character any which way you want. I'm actually at some point going to take another agent through but this time I'm going to become the hand of Jadus. And I'm also going to make my male a sociopath and keep the black box.

The great part of the Agent's story and why I love it so much, there are so many ways to go. Hell I might just create a 3rd agent and have him/her become the light sided double agent.

Being the Hand of Jadus is kinda satisfying, at some moments ... :D You'll see !

By "keep the black box" you mean for yourself, or to give it to Imperial Intelligence/DC/Darth Jadus/SIS ? I'm asking because I wondered if it was possible to keep the Black Codex just for "personal use" ... But I thought it wasn't.

Being the Hand of Jadus is kinda satisfying, at some moments ... :D You'll see !

By "keep the black box" you mean for yourself, or to give it to Imperial Intelligence/DC/Darth Jadus/SIS ? I'm asking because I wondered if it was possible to keep the Black Codex just for "personal use" ... But I thought it wasn't.

Well you end up being head of SITH intelligence if you become hand of Jadus, so you end up keeping the black box for Darth Jadus.

Yes, I see. Personaly, I decided to be his Hand at the end of the Chapter 1 but in time, I realized that I was nothing more that a marionette for this "great dark lord" thus I didn't want to help him a second time ... Especially not on a thing as important as the Black Codex ! :rolleyes:

Well, thanks again for your answers. Considering these, I rewatched the recording of the end of my Chapter 3 and I have to say that it is relatively coherent, after all.

Good game to all !

Well you end up being head of SITH intelligence if you become hand of Jadus, so you end up keeping the black box for Darth Jadus.

You never get to be the head of sith intellegence. Idk what possition you get but Lana Beniko is placed as head of sith intellegence in shadow of revan and you are her 2nd in command or her equal (depending on the choices you made, rogue agents are her equal and loyal agents are her 2nd in command) you get the chance to ask marr why he didnt put you as head and he says that its SITH intellegence and you are not a sith thats why you cant be head

• 2 weeks later...
You never get to be the head of sith intellegence. Idk what possition you get but Lana Beniko is placed as head of sith intellegence in shadow of revan and you are her 2nd in command or her equal (depending on the choices you made, rogue agents are her equal and loyal agents are her 2nd in command) you get the chance to ask marr why he didnt put you as head and he says that its SITH intellegence and you are not a sith thats why you cant be head

Actually I became the HOJ and I got a sort of in-between thing going on. Lana is head of Sith Intelligence and I'm basically her equal. Neither of us can order the other around but I have complete autonomy and authority over everyone in Sith intelligence but her, as well as having Dark Council's trust (according to Darth Marr) that I won't abuse this privilege. So loyal agents apparently become her sort-of-equal...unless this outcome is only because I chose to hand the Black Codex over to the old Imperial Intelligence...