plot twist: BioWare actually trying to bring down the EA

ShieldProtection

With Anthem is dead, Battlefield 5 is no longer popular / losing players and Apex Legends devs aka Respawn gone rogue and decided to embrace the dark side aka lootboxes and hostile behaviour against their own users on social media, another BioWare veteran leaves the studio and Dragon Age 4 is in danger meaning someone already left the development and live service crap,

what if I tell you.....

BioWare as a whole studio actually trying to shut down the EA with horrible sales on purpose, bad development on purpose, being quiet on Anthem on social media, roadmaps are delayed, being aggressive on their own playerbase on purpose to make EA lose even more reputation and stocks, Mr Ben Irwing also decided to stay quiet and some twitter posts....

then

EA finally goes bankrupt with this year's Need For Speed also delayed or somesort disaster happens (if at all, but huge possibliliy due to live service model everyone hates)

then

BioWare shuts down under EA rule but re-appears as a new independent studio right after EA dies, former veterans comes back to the new studio and kickstarter fund appears from them, plenty people funds them to

Make BioWare Great Again, and does a night party with old and new fanbase to celebrate the "new" BioWare?

with whisky and beer?

and

that day is declared as National BioWare Day in Canada?

Would you believe in this? I can actually believe, basically anything is possible in this Industry these days.

With Anthem is dead, Battlefield 5 is no longer popular / losing players and Apex Legends devs aka Respawn gone rogue and decided to embrace the dark side aka lootboxes and hostile behaviour against their own users on social media, another BioWare veteran leaves the studio and Dragon Age 4 is in danger meaning someone already left the development and live service crap,

what if I tell you.....

BioWare as a whole studio actually trying to shut down the EA with horrible sales on purpose, bad development on purpose, being quiet on Anthem on social media, roadmaps are delayed, being aggressive on their own playerbase on purpose to make EA lose even more reputation and stocks, Mr Ben Irwing also decided to stay quiet and some twitter posts....

then

EA finally goes bankrupt with this year's Need For Speed also delayed or somesort disaster happens (if at all, but huge possibliliy due to live service model everyone hates)

then

BioWare shuts down under EA rule but re-appears as a new independent studio right after EA dies, former veterans comes back to the new studio and kickstarter fund appears from them, plenty people funds them to

Make BioWare Great Again, and does a night party with old and new fanbase to celebrate the "new" BioWare?

with whisky and beer?

and

Would you believe in this? I can actually believe, basically anything is possible in this Industry these days.

do you take your own advice every once in a while and read your own signature and what it actually means in regards to opinions like this? it looks like you haven't even read what you posted and thus clearly not interested in knowing what you are doing. thank you anyway for wasting your own time with such doom!!!!11!!!!1!111!!! nonsense.

I don't think any conscious effort to implode is needed. The AAA industry is slowly imploding on its own greed. They can't match the increasing desired profits, so they keep try to push the envelope more on monetization, which more and more people are realizing is something they've been doing for years, so there is more pushback and more heel-digging than there used to be.

On top of that, some of their biggest customer markets aren't exactly getting richer, the game market in general has become saturated with a billion F2P and lootbox models all wanting to take loads of money from the same people, and they can't possibly all sustain themselves.

Then there's just the factor of studios being mismanaged and forced to work on games that have nothing to do with what they're skilled at, skilled workers being treated poorly and burning out to the point of quitting the industry, etc.

If anything, EA is trying to bring down EA. But I don't think EA is trying to do so. I think they are just blinded by greed, like the rest of the AAA industry. Or they are fully aware, but don't care because when it all crumbles apart, they will float down on golden parachutes and reinvest their millions in another industry, while the devs-in-the-trenches wind up jobless, destitute, and wondering where their lives went and what it was all for overworking themselves for such a legacy as the greed of the AAA industry.

Why are you so rude? I mean this guy just wanted to share something with us.. :sul_wink:

I think he/she just think I'm a doomsayer troll on forums, I'm actually defending bioware here, he/she just blindly and rapidly responded with anger. Thats good, Celise, let your anger guide you and passion to defeat jedi :D

You do realize EA would probably stay in business from all of the E-sport games like Madden they make right? If your really expecting them to go bankrupt, you may want to think again. Edited by Toraak

I'll get my tin-foil hat for this one... no, they are not trying to bring down EA because they can't.

You do realize EA would probably stay in business from all of the E-sport games like Madden they make right? If your really expecting them to go bankrupt, you may want to think again.

Exactly, those are their biggest money-makers. EA does not need Bioware at all, its the other way around. If Bioware goes under, EA will remain.

How old are you?

Even if that were the case, the new studio would have none of the IP. EA is nowhere near bankrupt sadly, and i'm sure they will turn to the good side before the end. Cause at that point the rat execs would have fled ship looking for the next one to sink.

Anyways, pipe dream. Not gonna happen. Bioware might be closed by EA though. That part is likely at some point. It's what happens with all EA studios.

what if I tell you.....

then

then

with whisky and beer?

and

Anything is possible in the industry these days. EXCEPT THIS. 0/10

I've been playing Madden football since its inception, I want to say the first one was released around '89. That game primarily is what set EA apart from other companies that made football games and none have come close to touching it. It's the biggest selling football game in America year in and year out. They now pretty much own the market when it comes to most sporting games, notably Madden. That game alone could probably carry EA.

EA won't be going anywhere for a very long time.

what if I tell you.....

then

then

with whisky and beer?

and

If EA depended on BW for the majority of their money then sure, BW would be in a position to hurt EA. The fact of the matter is EA is mythical in size at this point, BW couldn’t even begin to scratch the surface of EA even if they wanted.

No, I don’t think employees are trying to sabotage their jobs on the hopes that maybe a grassroots Kickstarter internet campaign will save them. Would you risk your family’s security on that?

Not to mention that BioWare employees bailing and making a startup would not have access to, nor the money for, the Star Wars license.

0/10.

BW cant bring down EA as long as the clones keep buying Madden and FIFA every year, BUT, EA nearly lost the SW contract we all know based on a string or terrible titles so its possible that is what actually saved SWTOR as its the only ones that been consistently profitable for them. It will be interesting to see what, is any. media i put behind onslaught once the release date is officially announced.

I used to mock posts like this, but instead I'll address it like this:

BioWare can't bring down EA. Madden alone will keep them in business.

I get you wish Bioware could return to its former glory, I do. But you have to face reality that it isn't going to happen. And making up fantasy and conspiracy theories you wish were true is just avoiding the disappointing reality.

There are still some good independent studios out there that make kick *** games. Id, CD Project Red are two, and while not an MMO, Grinding Gear Games Path of Exile is a better Diablo than Blizzards own recent version.

But if you are looking for BioWare to return to its glory - that ain't happening champ.

In fact, right now is the closest you are going to get, because Keith at least is setting some things right with SWTOR, even if I disagree as a whole with their player retention policy (which may come from EA - not sure).

Make peace with it. And enjoy what is, for what it is, rather than keeping yourself chasing conspiracies and fantasy that will never leave you fulfilled....