Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Conquest Changes in Game Update 5.9

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Conquest Changes in Game Update 5.9
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

RPMSKMC
03.30.2018 , 11:03 AM | #11
Until all these objectives are PER TOON per day instead of per legacy THE CHANGES ARE TO LITTLE TO LATE. Either fix it all and properly or don't pretend to try at all.

Lhancelot
03.30.2018 , 11:07 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

With the 5.8a Conquest changes out the door, let’s talk about what we have planned for 5.9. We hope to address concerns over the viability of completing Conquests on alts, points for crafting, and ability to run Operations more frequently. We are going to address this through a few different changes:
  • Increasing points gains for Objectives for repeatable and daily repeatable Objectives.
  • An additional buff for GSF, Warzone, and Flashpoint Participation Objectives.
    • The “Play a Flashpoint” Objective is being changed to “Play a Flashpoint or Uprising.”
  • The “Kill X Enemies” Daily Objective will now be split into three Objectives. Kill 50 / 100 / 150. Additionally, progress on this Objective will not reset everyday (if you killed 40 enemies, it won’t reset back to 0).
  • We are going to introduce a new repeatable Daily Objective for completing 3 and 5 Activity Finder Activities (FP, Op, WZ, GSF, Uprising).
  • We are introducing a new Daily Repeatable Objective to “Defeat the Final Boss in an Operation.”
  • We are introducing a new repeatable Objective for “Craft 50 items."
    • This Objective gives another path for crafters to earn points and is also a mechanism for characters of any level to participate. We will monitor the number of items required to craft closely and will make changes in the future if it is too high, or too low.

The goal of these changes is that if you complete the bigger value one-time Objectives on a given character, you have a lot more ability to earn points via repeatable Objectives. Not only are there more Objectives to work towards, they are worth more points as well. One of our goals is to encourage that you play multiple types of content and so that will always remain the most optimal path to Conquest points. However, these changes will allow a player to more easily get their Conquest points even if they just play one type of content on repeat.

As always, keep your feedback coming! We will continue to monitor the state of Conquests and make changes as needed. Thanks everyone.

-eric

Detailed breakdown of changes:
Spoiler

PS - Usual disclaimer that these could change prior to 5.9, but I will let you know of any updates I hear.
This is encouraging.

Just glancing over this quickly, it seems you guys are addressing concerns and planning to implement some new objectives which will not only bolster conquest but encourage players to participate more in PVP as well as FPs.

It looks fairly decent on paper, here's to hoping it pans out successfully in the game. Thank you for taking so much feedback as well as criticism and managing it all into what seems to be a genuine attempt to make things better.

"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." - Socrates

EricMusco
03.30.2018 , 11:08 AM | #13 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by curulz View Post
are the repeatable and daily repeatable objectives per toon? or per legacy?
The Conquest system is based around Legacy, so it looks like this:
  • Repeatable - Infinitely repeatable on anyone
  • Daily Repeatable - Once per day, per Legacy
  • One-time - Can be completed one time, per Legacy, per Conquest
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Estelindis
03.30.2018 , 11:10 AM | #14
Eric, can we get a comment on the changes to the costs of conquest schematics, including the dark project change that has made our exotic isotope stabilizers worthless for conquest? (Materials that people may have obtained from jawa junk from cartel packs, I hasten to add.)
|| My referral link || Trask Ulgo > The Progenitor > Darth Malgus ||
Satisfying returns for class companions!
Especially companions of the long-neglected consular...
~~~Felix Iresso return discussion~~~

DuchessKristania
03.30.2018 , 11:13 AM | #15
The biggest problem I'm running into for my alts is that so much is once per legacy per day. Honestly, if you just make more things once per character per day it will solve a lot of the issues. If you feel strongly that there should be a once per legacy gate then only a few of the objectives should be gated behind it. That's what's killing it for the alts. I get that you want people to try different parts of the game, but if you try to strong arm people into playing aspects of the game that they don't enjoy all you will end up doing is chasing players away. And I'm saying this as someone who does play a lot of different stuff.

I will have hit my personal goal with 3 toons by tomorrow. It would have been today were it not for the fact that the Makeb staged weeklies can't actually be done anymore, or if you could actually do all 10 Iokath mission in one day. Still, I had to sit down, look at the objectives, figure out which ones were attainable for me, and then divide that up among as many toons as I could. Then I had to grind that and had to put all of the other things I enjoy doing on hold. So, it made the game feel more like a job than a leisure activity.

That being said, if more of the repeatables are once per character than the changes should help the process a lot, at least for me. I can't speak for others. Whether my guild is able to hit 200,000 is another story, one we won't know until these changes are implemented. Until then, we just aren't going to be getting much help opening up our ship.
#SaveSWTOR

♥Death Should Never Silence Love♥

DarthDymond
03.30.2018 , 11:14 AM | #16
It seems like a bit of a missed opportunity that this massive Conquest revamp didn't do more to address the fundamental tension between having per-character point goals built on per-Legacy objectives.

IMHO, that's always felt a little. . . schizophrenic.
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars. ~Kain

Refer A Friend Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/2gNj3d to get the free stuff detailed here

PennyAnn
03.30.2018 , 11:19 AM | #17
How is the conquest system based around legacy? It is restricted around legacy in this new system that you introduced in 5.8, but how is it based around legacy otherwise? It never has been before. This is utterly confusing.

As many have stated, these restrictions mean that you cannot even repeat objectives on both factions in a single day. Why are you limiting the number of characters that we can ever hope to participate in conquest with and doubling down on the alt-unfriendly system that you introduced in 5.8?

This is probably the biggest flaw with the new system, the one most of us have serious complaints about, and fixing this one thing sees your Conquest system greatly improved. Not fixing it makes all the work you are doing for 5.9 pretty meaningless in the big picture, and it doesn't have to be that way.

Once per legacy per WEEK is fine, for a few of your objectives. But that should be the ONLY thing that is restricted to once per legacy. Daily objectives force us to play a SINGLE CHARACTER per day. Why are you encouraging us to play the game less? It makes no sense.

So frustrating!
Failure is not defeat until you stop trying.
Desire to play SWTOR finally defeated. It was a mostly good run.
Subscriber 2011 - 2018
(Still lurking/occasionally posting until the timer runs out)

Joonbeams
03.30.2018 , 11:20 AM | #18
I'm not one who even does much conquest, but I do rolls tons and tons of alts. This just seems needlessly punishing to altoholics on it face. I"m always open to being shown what I'm missing (and admit it could be something obvious), but I'm curious to know what "problem" this is addressing. What data indicates that people wanted this, or that this would make the game better? Too much play and activity???

Ibokagain
03.30.2018 , 11:20 AM | #19
Daily repeatable shouldn't be per legacy....this doesn't help playing Alts. Anything per legacy doesn't help alts, as many others have stated do it per character. Clearly not listening.

RPMSKMC
03.30.2018 , 11:21 AM | #20
IF Conquest was based on Legacy then completing objectives would apply points to all characters in a legacy NOT to only one they were completed on. Since it is faintly possible (rarely probable) to cap personal conquest objectives on multiple characters your above statement does not hold water.

Properly put "The Conquest system is based around the way we want you to play ..."