Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Diffeerence between Rep and Imp Fleet and the Rakghoul Event

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Diffeerence between Rep and Imp Fleet and the Rakghoul Event

Aeneas_Falco
04.20.2018 , 10:32 AM | #1
Why is it that the Imperial Fleet gets an announcement about the Rakghoul plague while the Republic Fleet does not?

It isn't that there is no announcement for the Republic faction, because you can hear the Republic announcement when visiting the infected worlds on a Republic character. Imp side however the announcement plays on both the infected world and Fleet, while Rep side the announcement is limited to the affected worlds.

It isn't a major issue but it would be nice if it at some point this was changed to give Rep Fleet the announcement as well. Many players don't follow event schedules and can miss out on events. Putting the announcement on Fleet as well might encourage more participation.

Damask_Rose
04.20.2018 , 02:25 PM | #2
There is a news terminal that pops up on both Republic and Imperial fleets that gives a quest to visit the infected planet. Other events have similar visual cues that they are going on. I believe Gree has a similar news terminals and Bounty Hunter has the carbonite slabs.

Jozandra
04.20.2018 , 02:30 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Aeneas_Falco View Post
Why is it that the Imperial Fleet gets an announcement about the Rakghoul plague while the Republic Fleet does not?
Why is it that the Imperial starting worlds of Korriban and Hutta have two and four Heroic Missions but the Republic starting worlds of Ord Mantell and Tython have only three and one? Even the Imperial capital world has more Heroic Missions than the Republic. Also, why is it darkside to choose to purify the water on Hutta? I'm thinking the game is skewed to favor Imperial/Darkside actions.

Xina_LA
04.20.2018 , 02:51 PM | #4
I wondered about the water, too. I also wondered why it was a Dark side choice to turn in the orphans on Coruscant, instead of letting them live out pathetic lives, hiding in the tunnels. What sort of writer thought moving them to an orphanage was a BAD move?

As for the events, I would love to see 3 posters on the wall of the central hubs of Fleet, one for each Event. It would either tell us where it's happening or show us the date of the next event. We have Light/Dark side posters that tell us which way that event is leaning, so why not Rakghoul, Bounty, and Gree event posters? Maybe even a Conquest poster?

Also decoration versions of these posters that change automatically for the guild strongholds...
--=# Decorating addict of Satele Shan server. #=--

Aeneas_Falco
04.21.2018 , 10:29 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post
There is a news terminal that pops up on both Republic and Imperial fleets that gives a quest to visit the infected planet. Other events have similar visual cues that they are going on. I believe Gree has a similar news terminals and Bounty Hunter has the carbonite slabs.
True, but the news terminal can be easy to miss. There are plenty of times I'm on Fleet without ever passing by the elevator. Luckily I follow the event schedule but most players don't. I know I've been on Rep Fleet many times when people posting in Gen Chat seemed unaware that the event had been on.

Ex. Player 1: Where do I get the Rakghoul plague vaccine?
Player 2: Any medical droid on Fleet
Player 3. Wait..the Rakghoul event is on? When did that start?
Player 2: Last week. It ends tomorrow.

Imp Fleet has a bit of an advantage in that regard in they have the announcement playing every 5 minutes.

Jozandra
04.21.2018 , 07:59 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Xina_LA View Post
I wondered about the water, too. I also wondered why it was a Dark side choice to turn in the orphans on Coruscant, instead of letting them live out pathetic lives, hiding in the tunnels. What sort of writer thought moving them to an orphanage was a BAD move?
I had forgotten about those orphans. So glad I am not the only one that noticed these role reversals, LOL.

As for the events, I would love to see 3 posters on the wall of the central hubs of Fleet, one for each Event. It would either tell us where it's happening or show us the date of the next event. We have Light/Dark side posters that tell us which way that event is leaning, so why not Rakghoul, Bounty, and Gree event posters? Maybe even a Conquest poster?

Also decoration versions of these posters that change automatically for the guild strongholds...
These would be cool to have!

Ardrossan
04.21.2018 , 09:49 PM | #7

As long as we're wishing...I'd like to see one or both of the fleets update their newscasts periodically to do a live expose on an infected with stage 3 literally exploding on screen. It would help let newbies know about the dangers of staying on fleet while the event is going on, though if I'm being honest it would mainly just be entertaining. Pubs would be good for this one, adding a bit of sleazy exploitation to Republic media. Perhaps imp-side they could do a story about imperial scientists attempting to dissect an infected on screen when it suddenly wakes up and bites a scientist, forcing the guards to shoot him.

It would also add some roleplay value to the story, which at this point is getting a bit old. The Galaxy, and Alderaan, Tat and Corellia in particular, must be wondering why THORN is so inept when these rakghoul outbreaks happen every month or so.
Quote: Originally Posted by kodrac View Post
Best to stay off the forums.