"at least Valkorian never closed the Trade Cartels during the Rakghoul Plague" -Koth

Hierodule

There's tribal - Senya snapping at you if you let Malita Tal and her people die and save Ranken and Cordan, accusing you of a 'everyone else versus Zakuulan' attitude...

Then there's blind loyalty. Koth is, pardon the term, a Valkorian Apologist. I mean; Senya admits Valkorian wasn't perfect, redeemed Arcann admits Valkorian wasn't perfect, the Outlander (who has Valkorian riding around in their head) knows Valkorian isn't perfect... Koth actually says at one point that they should bring the Emperor back to life and it would make everything better - after being told by the Outlander, Lana, etc. that same Emperor is a planet-devourering genocidal maniac...

He really bugs me, he gets pissed of if i kill a few people, but it's ok for valk to wipe out an entire planet, because, at least it wasn't koths people.....

He defected from the Eternal Empire in the first place because he didn't want to kill non-Zakuulan people. I'm pretty sure the reason he supported Valkorion was because he didn't believe that he was also Vitiate.

Edited by OldVengeance

He defected from the Eternal Empire in the first place because he didn't want to kill non-Zakuulan people. I'm pretty sure the reason he supported Valkorion was because he didn't believe that he was also Vitiate.

He also talks about years of peace, implying that it was really Arcann's campaign into the Core Worlds in revenge for the Outlander killing his father that "ruined" Zakuul. Of course, we all know in retrospect that Valkorian would have used the fleet to rule the galaxy eventually anyway, and possibly Koth was aware of that by the end of KOTET too. And, Koth was probably not privy to the Twins' request to rampage the Core even before the intervention of the Outlander.

Its also not clear why Arcann would have needed Koth to command a vessel at Denon, when he could have just used the Fleet. The Fleet certainly has the capability to decimate planets on its own. We know that Senya persuaded Valkorion to keep Zakuulans in command/leadesrhip roles instead of converting to full droids, but its not clear that Arcann shared that opinion for anything other than Force-sensitives. Slightly off topic, but this point is a hole in the narrative nonetheless.

I didn't mind Koth one bit on any of my characters, and haven't killed him yet, despite his fealty to a world-devourer. I just wonder what changed Koth's mind about Valkorion. Did he finally realize, looking at how depraved Vailyn was when she took the throne that Valkorion was really just bad? Did he just accept that destruction of Valkorion was the only solution, when the Outlander finally took the throne? Or, was he just relegated to a secondary position writing-wise in KOTET, because of the possible choice to execute him ... in other words, were we left never to see more of Koth and his opinions because of the developers' decisions to allow players to execute him?

I've only bothered to go all the way through KOTFE, KOTET to kill him once. In fact my dark side jedi shadow killed everyone he had the chance to including Theron. I don't have the heart to do that again.

Little off topic but how come on characters that didn't kill him Koth isn't ther screaming "NO NOT MY SHIP" at end of Nathama. Some woman is leading the crew when they evacuate. And the one time he does show up in the meeting after Jedi Under Siege he doesn't mention it.

Edited by RameiArashi

I've only bothered to go all the way through KOTFE, KOTET to kill him once. In fact my dark side jedi shadow killed everyone he had the chance to including Theron. I don't have the heart to do that again.

Little off topic but how come on characters that didn't kill him Koth isn't ther screaming "NO NOT MY SHIP" at end of Nathama. Some woman is leading the crew when they evacuate. And the one time he does show up in the meeting after Jedi Under Siege he doesn't mention it.

Well, considering

the Gravestone turns out to be connected to Zildrog, who is seemingly the big bad destroyer of everything in the Old Ways of the Zakuul - much the same way Izax, Scyava, etc. turned out to also be Iokathi droid weapons previously -

I can actually see why Zakuulans, including Koth, might suddenly be uncomfortable regarding it.

There's tribal - Senya snapping at you if you let Malita Tal and her people die and save Ranken and Cordan, accusing you of a 'everyone else versus Zakuulan' attitude...

This here was a moment worthy of a force choke / lightning blast. Always pisses me off that I can't do that. Too much of that chapter is stupid, especially that pointless prisoner save bit. Why is Theron even asking us who to save? He's the one at the controls. Just make the decision and tell me later; as our head spy and chief of operations it's his job to know what we would do.

This here was a moment worthy of a force choke / lightning blast. Always pisses me off that I can't do that. Too much of that chapter is stupid, especially that pointless prisoner save bit. Why is Theron even asking us who to save? He's the one at the controls. Just make the decision and tell me later; as our head spy and chief of operations it's his job to know what we would do.

Actually, that one makes sense. Cordan is an experienced resistance member as well as a legitimate government official and Ranken is a trained military officer, while Tal is a way to win Zakuulan 'hearts and minds', they all have certain potential benefits for the Alliance if they survive.

I like the decision as a good way for a character's 'priorities' to actually have some, even minor, bearing on a chapter. A partially light-side Sith might choose to save the civilians over a military officer who should be 'willing to die in the line of duty'; or a dark-leaning Republic Trooper (say, one who has grown to agree with what Tavus said about the Empire honoring warriors still) might want to save the Imperial Admiral to establish connections with the Imperial military.