Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

*** Stupid walker mission KOTET

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
*** Stupid walker mission KOTET

Zerileth
03.27.2020 , 03:11 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
People don't like the defaults. On characters where the incorrect defaults mattered to me, I've played through.
And for those characters, you stop after Ziost and re-roll. But if y’alls want to torture yourself, by all means.
7.0 Return To Kashyyyk
IGN: "Bioware sees soaring profits with new SWTOR expansion, Return to Kashyyyk. Explore the catwalks or the forest floor. Revisit the star forge and Jolee's hut. A new stronghold! Fight Czerka or join them; play your way...."

SteveTheCynic
03.27.2020 , 03:27 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Zerileth View Post
And for those characters, you stop after Ziost and re-roll. But if y’alls want to torture yourself, by all means.
No, because stopping and rerolling doesn't let me see how *that* character interacts with the post-KotFE/ET stuff.

Then again, I don't think that playing through KotFE/ET is torture. Whatever.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
I never had a Fine Mithril Sword of a very powerful glorious invincible hero scout with ruby inlays and platinum engraving in June language

JattaGin
03.27.2020 , 03:32 AM | #13
I think that after all those years here on this board, everyone knows that you dislike KotFEET. But there are players out there who actually like it. So, why judge and make fun of them?
Bioware offers a friend referal system which gives referred players a couple of goodies (incl. 7 free days of sub and a neat free 10 x inventory slot for every character) and referring players some little shinies and cartel coins.
I would be happy if you choose my referral link to grab your free goodies.

Zerileth
03.27.2020 , 04:44 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by JattaGin View Post
I think that after all those years here on this board, everyone knows that you dislike KotFEET. But there are players out there who actually like it. So, why judge and make fun of them?
Dislike is harsh. I've taken every class through. I don't see much in the variation. The amount of trash npcs, frustrating walker mission, linear style, lack of options.... I could go on. If was fine for a few runs.

"Judge and make fun?" Could you point that out? I gave opinionated advice in regard to OP's frustration... ugh. Did you read.... never mind.
7.0 Return To Kashyyyk
IGN: "Bioware sees soaring profits with new SWTOR expansion, Return to Kashyyyk. Explore the catwalks or the forest floor. Revisit the star forge and Jolee's hut. A new stronghold! Fight Czerka or join them; play your way...."

SteveTheCynic
03.27.2020 , 06:02 AM | #15
"Judge and make fun?" Could you point that out? I gave opinionated advice in regard to OP's frustration... ugh. Did you read.... never mind.
Probably means this one:
which is being judgmental and mocking about other people's choice to continue into KotFE.
I never had a Fine Mithril Sword of a very powerful glorious invincible hero scout with ruby inlays and platinum engraving in June language

Dashtardly
03.27.2020 , 09:35 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by MandFlurry View Post
WTH happened?? This used to be easy now the devs seemed to have made it impossible to do this already stupid mission. May have to skip KOTET because of this stupid walker mission is impossible now
As reported in other posts (go search for them), the trick with the walker mission(s) is to STOMP.

Zerileth
03.27.2020 , 10:16 AM | #17
being judgmental and mocking about other people's choice to continue into KotFE.
Ok, but what about context, context of the OP's original post?

Judgement: Being critical.
Torture: Used in the "modern" sense of simply irritating oneself or someone else unnecessarily.

But, now let's go back through the OP's post.

impossible to do this already stupid mission.
Torture seems to fit here. I don't think I was criticizing. Wouldn't that be more of a statement like, you're horrible at playing?

because of this stupid walker mission is impossible
Seems to fit here too. In other words I'd say my use of the word "torture" seems appropriate.
Are the sleeves truly so thin (great, going to get called out for this comment too)?

Quote: Originally Posted by Dashtardly View Post
As reported in other posts (go search for them), the trick with the walker mission(s) is to STOMP.
I think I had to do this too.

I remembered now why I stopped posting in these forums.
7.0 Return To Kashyyyk

Everrgreen
03.27.2020 , 11:01 PM | #18
I posted this about a month ago in this thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...+walker&page=3

"Found shooting the adds more effective than stomping, kept the shield up amap, circled the walker when not zapping adds, and kept firing on it. I also tried stomping the walker at close range (on top of it really) I think it also did some damage that way. When my health bar went below 30% I went to the shrine entrance, moved out of line of the red beams every time, kept up firing on the walker, and BARELY survived."

I totally sympathize. It's not a fun part of the game. Good luck.

Use my referral link to sign up and get a FREE Preferred Friends Bundle
and 7 Free Days of Subscription!

SteveTheCynic
03.28.2020 , 03:08 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Everrgreen View Post
I totally sympathize. It's not a fun part of the game. Good luck.
I don't particularly sympathise. OP starts out with a tirade about how these missions are *impossible*, rather than lamenting the fact that he has to relearn how to beat them.

They are not impossible. Heck, just last night I went through the Chapter I/ET one on Voss, although my approach is a little different:
* Stomp works well on smalls. It's a little less effective against the big tripod droids, but still knocks them down.
* Stomp is almost useless against the final boss.
* As always, kill the rocket guys as a priority.
* Stop at every repair station. There are enough.
* Go around the big concentrations of mobs.
* There is a repair station behind a building to your left after the cutscene in front of the shrine where you talk to a Voss and a Gormak.
* Shields? Meh.

I did not die. I had to concentrate on playing correctly rather than sleepwalking, but there is nothing wrong with that.

Zerileth
03.28.2020 , 09:16 AM | #20
I had to concentrate on playing correctly rather than sleepwalking, but there is nothing wrong with that.
Nice! Mockery and condescension!

Well done sir!

/sarcasmoff
7.0 Return To Kashyyyk