I Hate Pugs. Let My Companion into Operations.

DkSharktooth

Companions can be used in flashpoints, so why not operations?

I can control my companion and they tank, heal, and dps better than pugs. Please allow companions to be used in operations.

Note: This will be an improvement to the Quality of Life changes (QOL) promised after 2.0

Note2: I am in a full guild, sometimes people can't make it and you need replacements. We don't want to pug and would rather use a companion.

Edited by DkSharktooth

Allowing companions into operations would be a good way to allow us to make full use of them.

There are times when my healer works with me better than Khem. But I've had little actual reason to work with Andronikus or Ashara. Ashara does not work well with female mains no matter how well she is treated or gifted, in my experience.

Double equipping hk-51, at the time of acquiring him, with the exact same set of gear he was wearing, was a waste, as no other character can use it: stripping the mods was the only thing to do. And as much as I like Hk-51, after equipping self, healer and Khem, the incentive to equip and work with other characters does not warrant the time or cost.

Andronikus' story line is finished, and a ranged companion is just not a great help to me as a sorcerer: he does not protect me nor heal me. Others will disagree I'm sure. In time I may gear both Xerse and Hk-51 but not soon. Too much else to do.

Khem tanks very well, Talos heals very well. I solo with both very well.

I would like to do more than just solo with my companions. I would even like to be able to group with two of them at a time. Myself, Khem and Talos woud be a very good group. I 3 boxed in EQ, so running 2 companions at the same time is not that difficult.

Before I'm reminded that this is an mmo, I respond, it is a very good solo game also. And I break out in hives at the thought of Pugs. They try, I try. we fail. By soloing I lose out on an important part of the game, the high end ops. etc. I have participated in some of them. I like exploring and solving the quests myself.

SWtor is very good, imo, in that it gives choices. Solo, group, craft, use what ever companion you wish.

Edited by Uniqueantique

While I don't like threads complaining about PUGS.... (If you don't want to PUG, join a guild and form the group yourself) I don't really see what the downside to adding this is.

It also helps if someone randomly DC's or leaves and you need a temporary replacement.

Dou u need to control everything to enjoy the game? The point of operations is people getting synchronized. How does your comp fit in... Anyway, I don't care, so be it. Let people use comps if they want. All I know is that I won't use it.

Not a horrid idea the main issue is some fights might be nearly impossible to do or significantly harder (and yes you might be able to micro but it could create a new you need to be able to micromanage your companion because you equipped your M1-4X really well and we need a second tank for tank swapping, or something silly). Basically, they would fall short on a lot of fights

A. their damage/healing and stuff is not equivalent to a geared player.

B. raid mechanics. Without tons of finagling with the go passive, attack commands any companion would just die during the last fight in KP without making healers waste tons of energy keeping him/her alive in the tar and what not).

Think about The Fabricator that's one less person that can work the puzzle potentially. Or the puzzle fight in TfB.

To make it viable they'd have to balance the fights around having companions in the group which would make them all simple tank and spanks.

Now allowing them in, in general I don't see the problem with that, but they should never be expected and the raids should never be balanced around the companions doing decently. (IF they count as a group member).

On a somewhat related note: it could be interesting if they did a system, similar to other MMOs, where companions weren't considered part of the group size for a certain version of the run (social run idk), so basically the group is double sized but half companions (who would be excluded from certain raid mechanics). Not a perfect idea but just something.

Andronikus' story line is finished, and a ranged companion is just not a great help to me as a sorcerer: he does not protect me nor heal me. Others will disagree I'm sure. In time I may gear both Xerse and Hk-51 but not soon. Too much else to do.

As a sorc, you should be healing yourself and companions. Andronikos is awesome. Sorcs are the best healers. You are wasting potential if you are not healing.

Edited by AlaricSevGirl

I can control my companion and they tank, heal, and dps better than pugs. Please allow companions to be used in operations.

Note: This will be an improvement to the Quality of Life changes (QOL) promised after 2.0

Note2: I am in a full guild, sometimes people can't make it and you need replacements. We don't want to pug and would rather use a companion.

lol, agree,

further more, CHANGE the dmn SWTOR into a console game, we DON'T need an MMO.

/signed

Can't stand pugs. Companions may not be very tough number-wise but at least we have full control over them.

No to companions in Operations.

What will you LOSE if some people do ops with companions?

You want real people do it with them, we want bots, we'll do it with them.

Add "and PC" after "console" and I'll agree with you.

Edited by Aelther

lol, agree,

To change ToR into a console game, they'd have to reduce crafting to a basic minimum, remove major social hubs, remove GTN, remove massive quest areas where you can bump into random people, remove world bosses, remove open pvp areas/objectives (like the recurring Gree event), etc.

TL: DR version - raids don't make a game an MMO. Scope, choice, community and ways for the community to interact makes an MMO.

What will you LOSE if some people do ops with companions?

You want real people do it with them, we want bots, we'll do it with them.

Because some people are so horrible they're afraid to be replaced by an NPC.

Edited by Helig

O.o, pretty well though. /support

If you think the ninjas are bad now, by allowing companions into ops, you'll have the entire raid party rolling on your items so that they can equip their ops companions.

No thanks.

This has already been happening since launch.

Not a horrid idea the main issue is some fights might be nearly impossible to do or significantly harder (and yes you might be able to micro but it could create a new you need to be able to micromanage your companion because you equipped your M1-4X really well and we need a second tank for tank swapping, or something silly). Basically, they would fall short on a lot of fights

A. their damage/healing and stuff is not equivalent to a geared player.

B. raid mechanics. Without tons of finagling with the go passive, attack commands any companion would just die during the last fight in KP without making healers waste tons of energy keeping him/her alive in the tar and what not).

Think about The Fabricator that's one less person that can work the puzzle potentially. Or the puzzle fight in TfB.

To make it viable they'd have to balance the fights around having companions in the group which would make them all simple tank and spanks.

Now allowing them in, in general I don't see the problem with that, but they should never be expected and the raids should never be balanced around the companions doing decently. (IF they count as a group member).

On a somewhat related note: it could be interesting if they did a system, similar to other MMOs, where companions weren't considered part of the group size for a certain version of the run (social run idk), so basically the group is double sized but half companions (who would be excluded from certain raid mechanics). Not a perfect idea but just something.

What he said, companions in raids would turn every fight into nothing but a tank and spank fight, waste of time and resources for Bioware to do,,,

What he said, companions in raids would turn every fight into nothing but a tank and spank fight, waste of time and resources for Bioware to do,,,

I think the OP is focusing on the kinds of players you encounter in pugs, the ones where if you made no changes whatsoever to the operation, a companion would still be superior. My advice is this: STOP PUGGING. JOIN A GUILD.

Edited by AshlaBoga

I think the OP is focusing on the kinds of players you encounter in pugs, the ones where if you made no changes whatsoever to the operation, a companion would still be superior. My advice is this: STOP PUGGING. JOIN A GUILD.

How does a companion do phase one or even phase two of Operator IX fight in TFB ( this is the fight where you have to channel or stand in a colored circle based on your class, ) to make comanions able to even just run as dps during a raid fight you either have to rework any part of a fight that requires them to do more then stand there and pew pew or make them immune to aoe and standing in bad stuff , or they will suck up some much of healer resources that what is the point of them.

These type of post and the ones that want a min item level to run a pug all was get me, Really If you dont want to deal with a random person who if you mind isnt as skilled as a very limited AI then grab 3 or 7 friends that you know and trust then group up and que for flash point or Op. you can que up with a full group it doesnt require you to have random players in it. the reward doesnt change