The Unknown Collateral Damage Thread

bionamaster

Hello, denizens of the Forums! As many of you know, there is a lot, and I mean, a LOT of collateral damage that occurs in Star Wars. What I'd like to ask you all, is what do you think the results of this are? What happens when that stray saber stroke severs a wire, or a blaster bolt tears through a window? Just share the reactions of the affected people. the effects themselves, and anything else you feel like sharing. I'll start:

Episode V, Duel between Vader and Skywalker on Bespin.

*Vader slices what appears to be a vertical gas tank with an antennae off the bridge.*

Family on the other side of Bespin: WHAT HAPPENED TO THE TV?

Your turn.

An entire mining facility is sunk into the ground on Mustafar, claiming dozens of Mustafarian lives and dealing a heavy blow to their economy. One indirect effect being the emergence of a folklore tale describing warriors with flashy blades clashing above magma that endured for centuries to come.

Hmm...

The Second Death Star's explosion ravages the forest moon's ecosystem, eventually leading to the extinction of the Ewoks.

I remember hearing about this theory. The Endor Holocaust, wasn't it?

Anyway, my response:

Episode I, the Naboo starfighter is shot down as it leaves the hangar, crashing into the plains below.

A small ecosystem is destroyed, causing Naboo's scientific community to break off ties with the Naboo government. This leads Naboo into a brief dark age, which it recovers from in time for the end of Episode 6, for the Galaxy Celebrating scene.

An entire mining facility is sunk into the ground on Mustafar, claiming dozens of Mustafarian lives and dealing a heavy blow to their economy. One indirect effect being the emergence of a folklore tale describing warriors with flashy blades clashing above magma that endured for centuries to come.
Got a good laugh out of this one. Well played, well played. Edited by bionamaster

Episode III, Mace Windu is blasted out of a Coruscant window with Force Lightning by Sidious. Anakin is then named Darth Vader.

Meanwhile, in the underbelly of Coruscant, a mugger springs out at a citizen:

Mugger: Alright, your money or your li-what's that noise? It sounds like screa-*the mugger is crushed by a smoldering Mace Windu falling from the sky.

Oblivious civillian: YAY! I'M SAFE! THANK YOU MASTER WINDU! *runs into the distance*.

• 1 month later...

Just going to revive this thread:

The starship Luke used to escape the Death Star II in Return of the Jedi belonged to a squad of Stormtroopers who were married with children. The poor soldiers were destroyed after the station exploded, ad their widows and orphans starved without anyone providing for them.

Kenobi slicing that guy's arm off in Episode 4, leads to him losing his Job, his wife who was once a slave and has no skills, cannot work either. The man commits suicide and his Family die of starvation...

Sad and Dark, but meh ;p

Um, his job was pirate and criminal, he had the death mark in seven systems you know, I can't say his being unable to kill, maim and steal is a bad side-effect, even with the wife.

The Jawas killed in episode IV were the local maintenance crew for hundreds of moisture farms, without regular maintenance thousands of droids broke down permanently, and the few who remained developed sentience and ran away, causing a small economic recession on Tattooine.

After many days waiting, the ewok trap was finally sprung. The ewoks prepared to feast for the first time in months, however they were ordered by their god to release their food. They then held a banquet in his honour, mustering all remaining food in the village to donate to their guests. With no food, and many of their providers victims of war, the ewok village was soon no more.