Yay for 1.7 BUT...

Machine-Elf

....I hope they get creative about the rewards they give the player for reaching new tiers of reputation. Unique emotes/moods, for instance (preferably ones you can use in in-game cut-scenes), unlocking a new body type for reaching the uppermost -- what is it, Champion? -- tier, and finally, unique armor sets and titles seems boring, but an obvious choice.

But you want to know what would make this system REALLY interesting? If NPC's reacted to you differently, depending on your rep.

Listen and learn, Bioware.

Edited by Machine-Elf

My ideas of true rewards:

Someone from the faction joins your crew similar to a ship droid. Non-combat but is there physically and can craft.

Selling items on the GTN for less fees.

Ability to land directly on planet (skip the orbital station)

A daily PvP, PvE quest hub somewhere other than the fleet

Statues for your ship. We've got plenty of holo-statues how about one for the ship.

Someone from the faction joins your crew similar to a ship droid. Non-combat but is there physically and can craft.

Statues for your ship. We've got plenty of holo-statues how about one for the ship.

Some of those are good, but seem more appropriate as straight up Legacy rewards.

Except for the statue bit........

...And this just gave me (another) genius idea.

What if players were given one statue of themselves, to place at a non-instanced location of their choosing, in celebration of their reaching level cap in the achievement system? A gift worthy of a champion!

This reward would of course only be available for a limited-time only, lest planets start getting overflowed with the things.

You really should hire me Bioware.

Edited by Machine-Elf

Eh I think it stupid that they are adding reputation when they still haven't finished legacy ..... yay you got lvl 50 legacy ... you officially get ... oh wait .... nothing.

True that. Do you get anything for at least lvl 35? Errr...

What I'd want for lvl 50 is to be able to unlock (even for coins) class storyline perks, well at lest the buffs, so I wouldn't have to play the boring annoying force-user classes.

Eh I think it stupid that they are adding reputation when they still haven't finished legacy ..... yay you got lvl 50 legacy ... you officially get ... oh wait .... nothing.

It would be nice. Legacy 50 is meh. I'd actually prefer if they upped it 100 even wihout a reward. I miss seeing the exp.

I really like the faction liason idea so the faction sends an SIS/ II whatever operative to your ship. They could even provide different quests indicating the factions great trust in you (even if they are variants on complete the following dailies).

The others I'm sadly a bit meh about I would suggest tying them to legacy rather than reputation - except possibly the statue.

How about increased rewards from the faction say 1% more credits per completed mission for each reputation level with the faction?

Of course I really want the ability to upgrade the ship - access to frigates for high faction scores would be awesome and/or trophy walls would be good.

Interesting idea, the problem is they've said they want to specifically limit the amount of companions you can send on missions for game economy reasons (effectively infinate compansions would result in infinte credits and materials), so it would be less appealing if it didn't add to your crafting power.

I like this, but is feels more Legacy than reputation grind.

I really want this and have been a vocal supporter of improving this since Beta. The problem is however that due to how they have set up your Spacecraft and story missions it isn't straight forward, it would take a lot of work for them to be able to do this, and I can't see them putting that much development time into something like this. :(

This would be really handy and is a nice idea for reputation grinds.

Again I'm a big fan of customisation of your ship, again however they face technical challanges in allowing you to customise the inside of your ship (which is why I'd like to see dedicated player housing, designed and built to be customised by the player) and I can't see them doing the development work to change this, as development starved at the game currently is. :(

I really want this and have been a vocal supporter of improving this since Beta. The problem is however that due to how they have set up your Spacecraft and story missions it isn't straight forward, it would take a lot of work for them to be able to do this, and I can't see them putting that much development time into something like this. :(

What if they added an option to the ship exit like they did with the daily area exits (you choose to go to your ship, the orbital station or one of the other daily areas), so when you exit your ship, instead of just going direct to the orbital station when you exit, you're given a choice of station (with a quest icon by it if it's necessary for a quest to do that) or planet.

Again I'm a big fan of customisation of your ship, again however they face technical challanges in allowing you to customise the inside of your ship (which is why I'd like to see dedicated player housing, designed and built to be customised by the player) and I can't see them doing the development work to change this, as development starved at the game currently is. :(

It might be harder, but I think customising the ship would fit in with the game better than a house/palace/etc elsewhere. After all, you spend a lot of time travelling to other places in it (even if there's no travel time in-game).

No, they'll just keep adding armor with outrageous shoulder pads, spikes, antennas and hoses :rolleyes:

Yes! We want traditional Star Wars! We want to see the Darth Vader look, complete with a ZX-Spectrum looking apparatus for a chestpiece. We want Luke Skywalker's bowl-cut-***-mullet hairstyle! We want those 70's style Moonraker blaster pistols they used sport back in the Original Trilogy!!!

In short, we want it to be as familiar as possible.

Edited by Machine-Elf

I just hope to God that they don't make reputation gains like they do in WoW where the only way to get them is through daily quests. Heck, that even works better in WoW because WoW has varying daily quests everyday, unlike here where they are the same every day.

Various ways to be gaining reputation would be awesome for me!

Unique emotes/moods, for instance (preferably ones you can use in in-game cut-scenes)

unlocking a new body type for reaching the uppermost

If NPC's reacted to you differently, depending on your rep.

Emotes/moods in cut scenes is an interesting idea. Doesn't seem terribly useful though IMO. Once most people hit 50 they spacebar through the majority of the cut scenes.

New body type seems like it should be a legacy reward, don't see why faction would affect the size/look of your toon.

The idea of NPCs responding differently is actually quite good. This assumes they could (and would) get some of the original NPC voice actors to re-record certain lines, which seems like a big if at this point.

What I'd really like to see is if maxing out reputation with one faction gave you a unique armor set. I know you're yawning and saying that's what most games do, but they can do something unique with it. Since reputation is legacy wide they can make it so that any new toon you create starts the game out at level 1 wearing this orange set (or at least in it's inventory/mail).

Edited by Arlon_Nabarlly

True but the Reputation system is part of the legacy system so they are expanding it. The problem with taking so long for those legacy level rewards is we are going to start expecting something huge to unlock.

I kinda agree with this guy.

Why would I get excited about another system they'll likely ignore a month after release?