Hardmode "manners"

So this is a bit of a rant:

(SHORT VERSION AT BOTTOM)

Today i spent a total of 5 hours waiting for flashpoint groups to join and do hard mode stuff.

I managed to get into 9 Flashpoint groups and it seems to me i find the few people that should not play games.

they are:

A: inconsiderate

B: Ignorant

C: Uncooperative

D: Whiny

Now i will describe one story which drew the line for me:

I joined a flashpoint group which seemed to be going pretty smooth, but no one seemed to talk and i just got a feeling of awkwardness and tension.

they skipped by alot of enemies without telling me which threw me off a bit because ive always tackled every enemy in the way. but it didnt matter much because i was far enough back to react to this. I got caught up on a cliff and they just kept going. Now isnt it common courtesy to help group-mates out?

so after getting un-stuck, i rushed to catch up, and i managed to accidently cause an attack on myself and i ran towards my group for help. a person in the group right away said "dont run towards us" now... isnt the whole point of a team effort to help each-other out? so i decided to dis-regard what they were saying and run towards them for help.

to shorten, we ended up dying and respawning back to the start. not too far from where we died. two group mates immediately trashed my actions saying "they should force people to play these before doing hardmode". that irked me a bit and i felt bad. another thing that ticked me off, is that no matter what, i like to enjoy the convo-cinematics and i will listen to the characters talk. during this, one anxious groupmate kept spamming "SPACEBAR! HIT THE F****** SPACEBAR!". And after the convo said "they should just remove story stuff from hard mode... saves on time to rush through". pretty ignorant and self-serving, huh?

and to finish, i accidentally pulled 3-4 very easy (like 3000 hp) droids over and got yelled at for pulling enemies to them because i needed help. then after that fight, i was voted to be kicked out.

So since i hit 50 for the first time yesterday, i have attempted to do hard mode flashpoints and never completed one because i keep finding these types of people who are insanely competitive. i have gotten kicked every single time because of things i have no control over. and so what if i want to listen to a convo? im interested and the people can wait like one minute. not that bad.

SHORT VERSION:

Im tired of how stuck-up people are during hard-mode flashpoints. worrying about for fast to get through a convo, or about accidentally pulling a few enemies to the group for help. and i get kicked for all these dumb reasons

So what im saying here is, do you agree with this arrogant play-style? or do you think there should be more co-operative-ness (i know thats not a word) in these hard-mode flashpoints?

i can honestly say i'd like to think people are nicer than this but im about to give up on humanity over this

Edited by DSpectre
Too long; didnt read

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been playing this game since Beta. Personally, and I know it's terrible of me, I get annoyed when a flashpoint takes more than 30 mins and any operation, with the exception of NiM EC, longer than an hour, and the people im running with arent in 61/63 gear.

Here's the deal with most people and flashpoints: we've run them so many times that they are generally a waste of time, boring, and cost us money for wipes. Yet at the start of every flashpoint, I still ask if everyone's done it. As long as people are honest with the group, and ADMIT that they don't know the flashpoint and how to skip, then I have no problem helping and explaining. What I do have a problem with is people that try to bluff their way through and cost the group wipes or want to watch all the story lines. HM flashpoints are for gear. Not the story line. If you really want the story line, go solo the SM version of it.

When I hit 50, I did not have the same issues as you. Hardmode "manners" means knowing the content and mechanics and asking for advice prior to start when you do not. Learning how to skip trash mobs and minor bosses (which don't drop usuable gear or give exp) is a standard part of play you should get used to.

For accidentally pulling trash mobs or getting stuck on cliffs, that is your fault for not following the leader or making basic mechanics mistake. The right thing to do then would be to apologize for your mistake and ask for help. Most people are pretty understanding if you apologize instead of whining and complaining about left behind.

You should also realize that most people running these have seen the cutscenes many times before. Wouldn't you be impolite on your part to make three other people wait for you? If you want to watch the scenes, go play story mode.

Bottom line is, you are the one who is new to this content. People who refuse to be helpful when you ask politely are ******es, but trying to impose your own expectations on more experienced players is not a good way to get them to behave poitely towards you.

i never said i was complaining. i never said a thing to them about complaining. and yes i did ask for help and they still left me there.

and i was following the leader very well, i got caught between a rock and a wall and couldnt move. that wasnt my fault.

and not to mention i got ratted off for my gear. i honestly dont care, because i got the level 50 gear from the fleet, ripped the mods off those and put them on my revan stuff. its the exact same stats and people were complaining i wasnt at 14k health. uhm... i was at 13900 and im a marauder... and i didnt want to use the tionese because it looks dumb.

i never said i was complaining. i never said a thing to them about complaining. and yes i did ask for help and they still left me there.

and i was following the leader very well, i got caught between a rock and a wall and couldnt move. that wasnt my fault.

and not to mention i got ratted off for my gear. i honestly dont care, because i got the level 50 gear from the fleet, ripped the mods off those and put them on my revan stuff. its the exact same stats and people were complaining i wasnt at 14k health. uhm... i was at 13900 and im a marauder... and i didnt want to use the tionese because it looks dumb.

Ah right. You're not complaining; you're insulting the players who have done this flashpoint hundreds of times. I apologize for getting that confused. And if you were following the leader and you still got stuck; I fail to see how that isn't 100% your fault. This sounds very much to me like a player who has zero clue what he's doing elder game and wants to be catered to.

/thread

I do agree people need to be more considerate. All groups I play with tend to help if someone accidentally aggros a group here or there. But you follow the tank. If he says skip, you skip. If he says jump, jump.

--Your friend from Jung Ma,

Jaceiy/Laokuei.

Edited by jedimasterjac

Oh, forgot to add this. You admitted that you wiped the group due to you pulling trash that everyone else skipped. So you already wasted their time/money and then you want to come here and complain that they got mad at you for taking even more of their time by watching the story. Word to the wise, dps are a dime a dozen and ones that waste time and cost credits, and don't have 14k health ( which is less health than recruit gear by the way) will be insta kicked. Hope you learn that end game raiders aren't going to cater to you

Ah right. You're not complaining; you're insulting the players who have done this flashpoint hundreds of times. I apologize for getting that confused. And if you were following the leader and you still got stuck; I fail to see how that isn't 100% your fault. This sounds very much to me like a player who has zero clue what he's doing elder game and wants to be catered to.

/thread

You have the Completely wrong gender there.

and yeah i have a right to insult them if they insulted me by basically saying im incompetent. and no one in a GAME should have to deal with that. its a game. not real life. it shouldnt be this harsh of an environment.

and getting stuck is my fault? yeah, keep telling yourself that.

more and more you are basically THE definition of what i deal with in group finder. be more courteous to players who are looking to have a good time.

and some of us havent done the flash points "hundreds of times".

the group is as strongest as its weakest link so therefore the group must be acoustomed to it. and if people run the flashpoints because its a waste of time, then why run them? do something else instead of making other players' game more rough

I do agree people need to be more considerate. All groups I play with tend to help if someone accidentally aggros a group here or there. But you follow the tank. If he says skip, you skip. If he says jump, jump.

Jaceiy/Laokuei.

i have to agree with you on that. lack of communication mostly

I don't think that getting stuck is the op's fault. It happens, and if they haven't done it before they don't know the exact right places to go to skip. Really if the group decides that they are going skip everything they should at leat have the courtesy to stick with the new guy so if trash is pulled it can be dealt with easily and not while everyone is spread out. Plus the person could have done T5 a hundred times before trying it as a hm and not know how to skip through everything, so saying that it's the player's responsibility to know how to do this is a little cold.

I dunno why tionese gear wouldn't be good enough ei ther. Especially since it is my understanding that their set bonus is kind of useless (I could be wrong on that one though). Just don't que for LI HM with only tionese without knowing what you're doing and it shouldn't be an issue. :)

You have the Completely wrong gender there.

and yeah i have a right to insult them if they insulted me by basically saying im incompetent. and no one in a GAME should have to deal with that. its a game. not real life. it shouldnt be this harsh of an environment.

and getting stuck is my fault? yeah, keep telling yourself that.

more and more you are basically THE definition of what i deal with in group finder. be more courteous to players who are looking to have a good time.

and some of us havent done the flash points "hundreds of times".

the group is as strongest as its weakest link so therefore the group must be acoustomed to it. and if people run the flashpoints because its a waste of time, then why run them? do something else instead of making other players' game more rough

You are incompetent. YOU wiped the group. Justify that one. And yes, YOU are in control of your character. YOU got stuck. YOUR fault.

And I know it's a game. I love this game. I have a blast playing it. Untill people like you show up in group finder. Just like you're bashing the players in GF and me on the forums; there are just as many threads trashing noobs who make GF miserable: people who wipe us, people who watch story lines, people who don't know how to skip...all you "weak links". I run the GF for the BH comms for the Hazmat implants/earpieces for my companions. So I do have reason to run them and want them done with out people costing me money for repairs

Edited by USCG_Davis

I don't think that getting stuck is the op's fault. It happens, and if they haven't done it before they don't know the exact right places to go to skip. Really if the group decides that they are going skip everything they should at leat have the courtesy to stick with the new guy so if trash is pulled it can be dealt with easily and not while everyone is spread out. Plus the person could have done T5 a hundred times before trying it as a hm and not know how to skip through everything, so saying that it's the player's responsibility to know how to do this is a little cold.

I dunno why tionese gear wouldn't be good enough ei ther. Especially since it is my understanding that their set bonus is kind of useless (I could be wrong on that one though). Just don't que for LI HM with only tionese without knowing what you're doing and it shouldn't be an issue. :)

Finally!!! And educated answer!

You are incompetent. YOU wiped the group. Justify that one. And yes, YOU are in control of your character. YOU got stuck. YOUR fault.

And I know it's a game. I love this game. I have a blast playing it. Untill people like you show up in group finder. Just like you're bashing the players in GF and me on the forums; there are just as many threads trashing noobs who make GF miserable: people who wipe us, people who watch story lines, people who don't know how to skip...all you "weak links". I run the GF for the BH comms for the Hazmat implants/earpieces for my companions. So I do have reason to run them and want them done with out people costing me money for repairs

And I can now see you are the type of person I had the pleasure of gaming with today using group finder. So how is everything my fault when things are literally out of my control? I guarantee you got stuck in missions as well. And you are going to use retorts, make sure that they are intelligent and actually have a point other than ripping on a single person because their play style doesn't fit yours.

I merely posted something I don't like and gave an opinion on it. You have done so as well but now you are bashing me directly. I have not said anything against you and you have already said more than enough insults to me. So look who is in the wrong here. A person who has not said a single insult directly at you and you over there loud mouthing insults left And right at me. Tell me.. Would you say the same stuff to your family?

I get that I'm not as "experienced" as some of the other seasoned players out there. But I'm still learning and you can't insult a person who has not Done a single thing wrong. There is a learning curve to this game.

All I have stated is people's behavior and temperament towards inexperienced people and I'm saying its oppressive. And you, sir, are the prime example of my argument

And I can now see you are the type of person I had the pleasure of gaming with today using group finder. So how is everything my fault when things are literally out of my control? I guarantee you got stuck in missions as well. And you are going to use retorts, make sure that they are intelligent and actually have a point other than ripping on a single person because their play style doesn't fit yours.

I merely posted something I don't like and gave an opinion on it. You have done so as well but now you are bashing me directly. I have not said anything against you and you have already said more than enough insults to me. So look who is in the wrong here. A person who has not said a single insult directly at you and you over there loud mouthing insults left And right at me. Tell me.. Would you say the same stuff to your family?

I get that I'm not as "experienced" as some of the other seasoned players out there. But I'm still learning and you can't insult a person who has not Done a single thing wrong. There is a learning curve to this game.

All I have stated is people's behavior and temperament towards inexperienced people and I'm saying its oppressive. And you, sir, are the prime example of my argument

My friend. If you stop arguing with him, he shall stop two. Neither of your opinions shall change.

Jaceiy/Laokeui.

I don't mind new people doing one of the listed hm's to get better gear. What drives me nuts, is are the people who Que for them without having done them in Story mode. I will put up with a new healer/dps/tank as long as they are willing to learn. I just did an Ess run, which is long enough, but one person decides to watch every damn cut scene, it gets to you. That should have been watched in SM, not with a bunch of exp people with you who would like to get it done. I used to laugh at people who kept spamming "spacebar", now, i feel thier pain. Watch the damn thing once, twice, 3 times, or howmany times you want... in STORY MODE. That is what its there for.

When i'm on my dps, i have no problem leaving groups that watch cut scenes, you will find another, and, I will find another group that wants to just get it done.

Getting stuck happens. As for pulling what you agro'd to group, well, in most cases, even after you die, they will find the rest of the group anyways.

Ah yet another topic about this "elitistic behaviour" of people who have done the same HM FPs too many times. I feel for you OP and I can tell you there have been several threads on about this matter recently as unfortunately the behaviour you just experienced has become a norm around Group Finder generated groups. It's all about skipping as much enemies and bosses as possible and ranting to people who are not familiar with all the possible skipping routes. I have been around since the early access launch and I still enjoy watching voiced conversations and doing the HMs as they are intended, killing all the bosses and nearly all thrash mobs.

I sincerely feel sorry because what has happened to you and I hope you won't let this to affect you too much. Just put those kind or jerks into your ignore-list so Group Finder won't put you into same groups with you anymore. I'm very sad to notice so many people seem to have forgotten we all have been at that point at some point, we all have been doing those HMs in rather poor end game gear for the first times and needed some help and tips how to clear this and that but nowadays it's only vote kicking, whining and calling those people names who are there for their first times and possibly asking for hints and full runs. It's really sad and probably drives other players away leaving only those "busy whining people" to skip with each other, which is not how the game was originally intended to be played. So OP, get your head up and group again, I'm sure you will find groups that are satisfactory!

Just ignore these jerks. I've been playing since launch and while I really prefer that people skip mobs/cutscenes I know that there are a lot more new players around so I explain things and help them along. We all start somewhere and I remember being in their shoes at the start of each new MMO.

What you described wouldn't stop me from playing but I do sigh at how rude and entitled some people behave.

Ah yet another topic about this "elitistic behaviour" of people who have done the same HM FPs too many times. I feel for you OP and I can tell you there have been several threads on about this matter recently as unfortunately the behaviour you just experienced has become a norm around Group Finder generated groups. It's all about skipping as much enemies and bosses as possible and ranting to people who are not familiar with all the possible skipping routes. I have been around since the early access launch and I still enjoy watching voiced conversations and doing the HMs as they are intended, killing all the bosses and nearly all thrash mobs.

I sincerely feel sorry because what has happened to you and I hope you won't let this to affect you too much. Just put those kind or jerks into your ignore-list so Group Finder won't put you into same groups with you anymore. I'm very sad to notice so many people seem to have forgotten we all have been at that point at some point, we all have been doing those HMs in rather poor end game gear for the first times and needed some help and tips how to clear this and that but nowadays it's only vote kicking, whining and calling those people names who are there for their first times and possibly asking for hints and full runs. It's really sad and probably drives other players away leaving only those "busy whining people" to skip with each other, which is not how the game was originally intended to be played. So OP, get your head up and group again, I'm sure you will find groups that are satisfactory!

Thank you sir! You have made my night =)

Thank you sir! You have made my night =)

No problem my friend! It's always fun and satisfactory to find other people around who actually like to play the game, you know watch the voiced conversations BW used quite much effort to create and actually use your character's skills to cut through enemies. This is a roleplaying game built around fighting after all, platforming jumping games are basically on Nintendo consoles and are called Mario-games :):D

No problem my friend! It's always fun and satisfactory to find other people around who actually like to play the game, you know watch the voiced conversations BW used quite much effort to create and actually use your character's skills to cut through enemies. This is a roleplaying game built around fighting after all, platforming jumping games are basically on Nintendo consoles and are called Mario-games :):D

Indeed! More people like you should be playing the game.

And in reference to endgame gear, I just stripped the mods off it and put it on revans. I actually just completed my first hard mode flashpoint on FOUNDRY with decent people and I for once owned the group so I didn't get kicked! But with those mods, revans robes are just as good they give same stats as the original armor they were on. And I more than held my own against hk and revan so I'm quite proud of myself and proved those people wrong who said I had ****** gear =)

Cut the elitist crap already. You should know full well that the game practically pushes fresh 50s to HM flashpoints by giving them free Tionese gear and a quest to complete a HM FP using the group finder. Your expectation that they should instantly know all the boss mechanics and how to skip content is wholly unreasonable. How do you even expect them to learn the FPs if they are continuously put off by people like you? The group finder exists specifically to give players entry-level access to the endgame content. If you can't deal with that, do your speedruns with guildmates. Don't ruin the game for those that are still learning.

Also, if a random pull causes you to wipe, what the h***? Weren't you, and presumably most of the group, supposed to be the super-elite players in 61/63 gear? Surely you can deal with a bunch of trash, even two or three packs at once.

Perhaps I've just had good luck with the group finder so far, since I haven't run into any elitist jerks yet. Or perhaps Europeans are just more well-mannered. In all the HM FPs I've done my group has skipped trash as much as possible, but on the occasions someone has accidentally pulled a pack, the others have always turned around to help as soon as the pull is noticed. I also like to enjoy the conversations, but I understand that they can get boring when you've already seen them several times. My default setting is to listen to the speech, but I'll comply to a friendly request to use the spacebar.

Edited by DataBeaver

Indeed! More people like you should be playing the game.

And in reference to endgame gear, I just stripped the mods off it and put it on revans. I actually just completed my first hard mode flashpoint on FOUNDRY with decent people and I for once owned the group so I didn't get kicked! But with those mods, revans robes are just as good they give same stats as the original armor they were on. And I more than held my own against hk and revan so I'm quite proud of myself and proved those people wrong who said I had ****** gear =)

Thank you! And it's very nice to hear you found a group you had fun with! If you have some extra creds ripping mods and armoring out from the gear and putting them into a more stylish chest pieces etc is a very good idea. I also have a Rakata geared marauder and I have been using my Cartel Market bought chestpiece since level 43 so I indeed know some people really don't like how the endgame gear looks for marauders. Although the spiked boots, gloves and pants are something I really like!If you have creds and are planning to keep the chestpiece you have now you can already start augmenting those pieces you are planning to keep as it's a 18 bonus to strength and 12 bonus to endurance with each augment!

I feel a bit sad you seem to play on a different server than I as I would have happily agreed to do some HM FP runs with you to get you some gear. Anyways all the best and just put those irritating jerks into ignore if you run into them, out of sight out of mind is a saying in my country that fits quite nicely to this situation :)

Thank you! And it's very nice to hear you found a group you had fun with! If you have some extra creds ripping mods and armoring out from the gear and putting them into a more stylish chest pieces etc is a very good idea. I also have a Rakata geared marauder and I have been using my Cartel Market bought chestpiece since level 43 so I indeed know some people really don't like how the endgame gear looks for marauders. Although the spiked boots, gloves and pants are something I really like!If you have creds and are planning to keep the chestpiece you have now you can already start augmenting those pieces you are planning to keep as it's a 18 bonus to strength and 12 bonus to endurance with each augment!

I feel a bit sad you seem to play on a different server than I as I would have happily agreed to do some HM FP runs with you to get you some gear. Anyways all the best and just put those irritating jerks into ignore if you run into them, out of sight out of mind is a saying in my country that fits quite nicely to this situation :)

Exactly. although some after-end game gear looks cool, i have this like... game crush on Revan. so yeah. i perfer it.

I just got some new mods too, bumped me up to 15k hp.

Btw i sent you a pm

Cut the elitist crap already. You should know full well that the game practically pushes fresh 50s to HM flashpoints by giving them free Tionese gear and a quest to complete a HM FP using the group finder. Your expectation that they should instantly know all the boss mechanics and how to skip content is wholly unreasonable. How do you even expect them to learn the FPs if they are continuously put off by people like you? The group finder exists specifically to give players entry-level access to the endgame content. If you can't deal with that, do your speedruns with guildmates. Don't ruin the game for those that are still learning.

Also, if a random pull causes you to wipe, what the h***? Weren't you, and presumably most of the group, supposed to be the super-elite players in 61/63 gear? Surely you can deal with a bunch of trash, even two or three packs at once.

Perhaps I've just had good luck with the group finder so far, since I haven't run into any elitist jerks yet. Or perhaps Europeans are just more well-mannered. In all the HM FPs I've done my group has skipped trash as much as possible, but on the occasions someone has accidentally pulled a pack, the others have always turned around to help as soon as the pull is noticed. I also like to enjoy the conversations, but I understand that they can get boring when you've already seen them several times. My default setting is to listen to the speech, but I'll comply to a friendly request to use the spacebar.

again, more people like you should be playing. i thank you for your positive input <3

as a side note, when people are acting "elitist" (as you say) i just find it more... tolerable if i mess with them and troll them a bit. so i will usually NOT hit the spacebar when they ask, etc...

I'd group with ya if I could OP just to cheer ya up :D. I'd think you'd enjoy the comic relief and jest I do whenever I'm in a group.

But in all seriousness, I hate people with elitist attitudes and absolutely no patience. Sadly, it's something to be expected if you queue :(.