Cost of field triage 1.2

Aaoogaa

Spending 3 points for a 1 ammo reduction is a steep price to pay. When it reduced the ammo cost by 2 it was well worth it...but now? The skill needs to be adjusted to a 2 skill cost for 50% and 100% chance at reduction.

If the cost is going to remain 3 skill points it has to be one of the worst point to benefit skills in the game.

Good luck spend 31 points in combat medic in the future. There is just not enough good skills left to spend the points for.

Will still be plenty to spend in the medic tree, though honestly I would drop the trauma probe/Kolto Shell too. Just place points in other things.

What will not happen any more will be dps/heal hybrids, as you'll need to put enough points in the medic tree to be effective at healing, and thus unable to spec enough into a dps tree (*cough* tracer/grav spam newbs *cough*).

Hurray BW, let's see if this has the desired effect, though I think a small buff is upcoming if these nerfs are as heavy handed as they seem.

In response to your signature... -.- Support Local Healers, don't unsubscribe, play your class!

In response to your signature... -.- Support Local Healers, don't unsubscribe, play your class!

It really doesn't matter if you unsubscribe or retire the healer. While one shows an instant disatisfaction with the current state of the game, the other makes the game less fun and costs more money on top of unsubscribing. I enjoy leveling in this game and the stories. I have about 1/3 of the stories to go before I am done. That is how much time BW has to do the head from rear extraction and return the fun to the game for healers.

Good luck spend 31 points in combat medic in the future. There is just not enough good skills left to spend the points for.

i said probably. there are a few that i ignore completely right now because they just aren't as good as others. i'd be doing the same thing after the changes.

each tree has 37 points. if other skills end up looking more appealing, then there are plenty of other things to spend points on that i ignore currently and still have 2 points left unspent.

Edited by oaceen

It depends on parses and live play.

Min maxers and Elitist Jerks types are the ones to figure this out, but I could see a situation where people would take 1/2 Field Triage because it turns out a 50% chance is enough to get by on the current content. (Similar situations happened with Blizzard's healing specs all the time).

But I agree on the face of it. Three points to save a single ammo seems excessive. Part of the problem is that on a 16 point scale, they've really limited their options on how much they can nerf or buff ammo.

After 1.2 there will be sooooo many wasted talent points spend since the buffs the talents offer does not justify the amount of points needed for it. In the end we still have to take them to hit top tier heal talents.

Contrary to consensus that we no longer have viable hybrid builds, i think it'll make hybrid builds more popular, in PvP at least. Medic talents will be soooo crappy and unworth it we might as well pump some into the other 2 DPS trees to increase our survivability. We heal less, but we survive longer, and longer survivability helps us heal more. But this is only talk hahaha, in actual situtations is different.

Bioware really didnt think of the repercussions to their Medic nerfs, they definitely didnt think about the Talents vs Points Needed issue. All they thought was nerf nerf nerf. Other classes get a reshuffle of their talent trees & review of the points needed for the talents, we dont get it. ***.

Edited by ImariKurumi