Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Smuggler/Scoundrel: Sawbones Leveling

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Scoundrel / Operative
Smuggler/Scoundrel: Sawbones Leveling

02.29.2012 , 06:52 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by C-mot View Post
always CC the strongest mob in your target group (tranquilizer on NPCs or hack on droids) .
Ok, so I have to cc strong ones in a strong-normal situation? Do I need to take the tranquilizer talent in the sawbone spec?
Last question: should I go for a hybrid or just go straight sawbones, considering that I want to heal flashpoints?
Thank you.

03.01.2012 , 01:03 AM | #32
Yes, you should always CC the strongest in a group using tranquilizer. You will not need the talent spec for it. Also use your stuns every time they're off cooldown. CC + stuns + interrupts = easy mode.

I've been healing all flashpoints as I've progressed and I have been going sawbones up until 31pts or so (emergency medpack level) and then I've branched out into scrapper. I don't think you have to go sawbones so dramatically to be able to heal normal flashpoints though.

03.01.2012 , 05:30 AM | #33
Ok, thank you very much

03.16.2012 , 04:04 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by BFaust View Post
Stat Priority:
Cunning--> Tech Power--> Critical Chance--> Surge Rating--> Alacrity--> Power
Quick question on this. Why is tech power so much higher than power? I had always thought that "power" encompassed all types of power, like force & tech power. Tech power meanwhile is *tech* only. And indeed, when I open my character sheet, power & tech power is converted to bonus damage & bonus healing at the same ratio (~5.88 power = +1 bonus).

Power though also adds to standard ranged damage, and not just tech abilities. So wouldn't it be:
Cunning > Power > Tech Power > Crit > Surg > Alacrity ?

03.30.2013 , 11:22 PM | #35
I know I'm reviving a VERY old thread here... but I was wondering if anyone could skim through the original OP and see if it's still current. I'm coming back to the game after a long long break and making a scoundrel again... and it's been about a year and I'm wondering if this "guide" still applies.

01.07.2014 , 09:36 PM | #36