Lightside Sith

psheets

Between the Warrior and Inquisitor stories which one makes more sense and plays out better from a lightside/darkside perspective? I would like to see both sides of the fence but sometimes have issues playing "evil" characters so it is an all or nothing situation.

Thanks for any input!

I would say Inquisitor is better on light side than Warrior. Warrior background already suggests dark side as I doubt overseer would hold you in such high esteem if he thought otherwise. Inquisitor on other hand is not even hinted and as former slave could easily be on lighter side of Sith.

I loved playing Grey Warrior with a LS lean. I envisioned him as something of a Samurai - one honorable, loyal, dutiful, somewhat arrogant and entitled and prepared to do what is necessary, if duty demands such.

Turned out great. Much more depth to the story than the "Stupid Evil" Dark Side, or "irrational wuss" Light Side, both of which I played through in Beta.

I've played every one of those options (DS Inq, LS Inq, DS Warrior, LS Warrior) until completing their stories on Korriban -DS Warrior until lvl40- and I was pretty satisfied with all of them. Each has their own benefits and all can make sense to a point, although some things you just MUST do despite being light-sided are a bit... awkward :p.

Which one makes more sense as LS, though? I think Inquisitor wins this by a small margin. You can imagine your character as a force-sensitive slave who is just forced to face the trials unless he/she wants to die. And after that perhaps he/she wants to become more powerful to change the Empire from within and abolish slavery, or -as I did, since I'm a bit of a RPer- become stronger in the Dark Side (your alignment might be LS but you are still a Sith who uses the DS to fight) with a similar objective as Darth Plagueis: to learn to use the Force to cheat death and save everyone you love.

But LS Warrior can be pretty awesome too, especially because that's what makes more sense (still doable as DS though) if you want to befriend and romance Vette, who I find to be the best companion character in the game. And you can still get Baras on his nerves: that doesn't depend on alignment. :D

Edited by Khyle

I loved playing Grey Warrior with a LS lean. I envisioned him as something of a Samurai - one honorable, loyal, dutiful, somewhat arrogant and entitled and prepared to do what is necessary, if duty demands such.

Turned out great. Much more depth to the story than the "Stupid Evil" Dark Side, or "irrational wuss" Light Side, both of which I played through in Beta.

Same here (except I haven't explored Dark-side and Light-side paths beforehand in beta). Very interesting story when following this path (and doesn't suffer of any inconsistance, or illogic situations).

For the Inquisitor who I'm still in Chapter I, I don't see anything else working other than Dark-side (not inevitably 100% Dark-side, I find that some Light choices are sometimes wiser for my Inquisitor who is a kind of master-mind, and so allies are easier to manipulate) because the story itself is much more self-centered and about ambitions and power... So playing Light-side or Grey as Inquisitor seems abnormal to me.

Edited by Altheran

For the Inquisitor who I'm still in Chapter I, I don't see anything else working other than Dark-side (not inevitably 100% Dark-side, I find that some Light choices are sometimes wiser for my Inquisitor who is a kind of master-mind, and so allies are easier to manipulate) because the story itself is much more self-centered and about ambitions and power... So playing Light-side or Grey as Inquisitor seems abnormal to me.

Lightside Inquisitors are still driven by ambition and thirst for power; "Lightside" doesn't mean "Goody Two Shoes", it just means they're not as much of an a-hole

Both work either way. Inquisitor works well as a lightsider because they're a former slave: you could either be bitter, but you could equally just be a nice person who people keep telling to go around doing Sith stuff. But I also like playing the Warrior as this guy who just goes around liking the Empire, but is ultimately a good chap (if a bit of a *****). Goes against stereotypes, you know? Plus darksiding him just makes him a prat.

Of course, there's a key thing to remember. A darkside Inquisitor can go around randomly shocking people.

They're all, "Hello", and you're all "Bzzt! Electriciiiiiiity!".

I played Light sided for both classes, and I think the Warrior is better suited for a Light sided story than the Inquisitor. The Warrior starts off as a member of the nobility, while the Inquisitor starts off as a slave. So the warrior has seen the best that the Empire has to offer, while the Inquisitor has seen the worst. Now the Inquisitor story works if you want to go Light side, but if I had to choose just one to be the "good guy" I'd go with the Warrior.

And keep in mind that the warrior's apprentice will have a different personality and abilities based on if you're going Light or Dark sided with her. No other class has a companion that changes to that degree.

Edited by Xargyn

Confused why people are recommending Inquisitor for a light side character. it works to a point, but act three all but beats you over the head with a sign saying "your character is dark side, deal with it". I found it practically impossible to walk out the the Xalek recruitment scene or the activation of the Silencer feeling that my character had been acting remotely consistently with being light sided.

I mean, ok. I can appreciate that a light inquisitor isn't truely light sided, and is effectively still a sith without being a sociopathic murdering dark side jerk, but you'll still inevitably get to the point of being asked to choose between supporting blatant murder, blatantly murdering yourself, or telling another character to shut the hell up whilst he's criticising someone for being a blatant murderer, who you apparently want on your crew. And blowing up an entire fleet as part of your personal power struggle. It's hard to equate that with a tempered, compassionate personality.

Edited by Bleeters

Confused why people are recommending Inquisitor for a light side character. it works to a point, but act three all but beats you over the head with a sign saying "your character is dark side, deal with it". I found it practically impossible to walk out the the Xalek recruitment scene or the activation of the Silencer feeling that my character had been acting remotely consistently with being light sided.

I mean, ok. I can appreciate that a light inquisitor isn't truely light sided, and is effectively still a sith without being a sociopathic murdering dark side jerk, but you'll still inevitably get to the point of being asked to choose between supporting blatant murder, blatantly murdering yourself, or telling another character to shut the hell up whilst he's criticising someone for being a blatant murderer, who you apparently want on your crew. And blowing up an entire fleet as part of your personal power struggle. It's hard to equate that with a tempered, compassionate personality.

Using weapon in battle is such a dark side option? I would understand if it was civilian ships or planet, but warships that were trying to blow up imperial ship?

Inquisitor is fighting for his survival and it is made perfectly clear that you do not have time for another apprentice so Xalek is unavoidable.

Using weapon in battle is such a dark side option? I would understand if it was civilian ships or planet, but warships that were trying to blow up imperial ship?

A ship that departs without any trouble whatsoever when prompted to. It wasn't at risk from being destroyed.

I'm just saying, supporting the construction of and then deploying a super weapon capable of destroying a fleet and killing thousands of people in one blast in order to win support for yourself in your power struggle with Thanaton isn't exactly what I'd equate with someone that supposedly has light sided leanings. I have no idea where my patient and reasonable resent-the-Empire ex-slave from act one went, because the rest of the story seemed intent on trampling all over her.

Inquisitor is fighting for his survival and it is made perfectly clear that you do not have time for another apprentice so Xalek is unavoidable.

I never understood why I absolutely had to have a new apprentice right this moment. I know that we're told that not having one makes us appear weak, but Xalek contributes nothing to the rest of that story, and your assembled powerbase never really plays much of a role beyond giving Thanaton something to blow up and handing out a few quests on Corellia. More annoyingly, as I mentioned, your behaviour is annoyingly restricted during that scene. You can't indicate an agreement with Harkin, or reprimand Xalek for what he just did. You either kill a dude, congratulate someone for killing a dude, or berate Harkin for criticising Xalek for killing a dude. That's my problem here. I can't play a traditionalist dark sider, either. I have to act like I think murder is totally awesome.

Edited by Bleeters

You can also:

Force Persuade Harkin that Xalek did absolutely nothing wrong.

I also agree the Inquisitor story lends itself better for a Dark sided character, and still say that the Warrior lends itself better for a Light sided character. Just look at the starter companions each class gets. While Vette is no angel, she leans a lot further toward the light than Khem Val does.

You can also:

Force Persuade Harkin that Xalek did absolutely nothing wrong.

I also agree the Inquisitor story lends itself better for a Dark sided character, and still say that the Warrior lends itself better for a Light sided character. Just look at the starter companions each class gets. While Vette is no angel, she leans a lot further toward the light than Khem Val does.

Khem Val is a weapon that does what you tell him. Speaking of companions warrior third one pushes it towards dark I would say.

Khem Val is a weapon that does what you tell him. Speaking of companions warrior third one pushes it towards dark I would say.

The Warrior's third one pushes into dark ? The third one is Jaesa if I'm not mistaking, and she doesn't push you into a particular side until you push her yourself into it.

Edited by Altheran

Vette is a mostly lightside character but Quinn, Peirce and Broonmark are all darkside.

Pierce and Broonmark both like a high body count, but Quinn is about strategy and loyalty to the Empire.

ALL companions are weapons that do what you tell them. And Jaesa is whatever alignment the warrior decides to make her. She doesn't push the warrior either way.

Edited by Xargyn

The Inquisitor makes the most sense Light-side. You are a former slave, and many dialogue choices make light of this, including that you have no love of the Empire due to being a slave.

Opposite of the Warrior, who is painted from the get go as a 'chosen one.' and all your other opponents fear and hate you for this reason. Vs say, the Inquisitor, where your first aquaintance is a meek fellow slave.

Edited by maxetius

If you look at it from an RP point of wiev, the warrior is born and bred Sith, with both parents being Sith.

The Inq. how ever is slave and as such much more open.

On a personal level i am having so much fun shooting lightning at random people. There are several places that go:

Me: /Friendly Hi

NCP: I will give you nothing even if you torture me. or: Please dont hurt me.

Me: Than for reminding me /shock

I agree, but if you stay "grey" then you won't be able to use the better relics, who require dark/light side V ;)

These relics are beaten with a wide gap (stat & effect wise) by any endgame relic which none of them has alignment requirements.

^this.

For the record it is always ok to RP your characters, and will likely make the game far more interesting than choosing LS or DS based off of what you normally choose. It's especially fun to be neutral on a class like BH or IA. My BH was mostly LS but it was fun as hell to punch out mouthy nobles on alderaan during my class quests.

To OP: My first character was a SI(sorc healer) and I have to say, if you want to lightside I would do SI in an instant. There is a very beautiful ending(or segment of the ending) that can only be achieved by an LS sith. I wont spoil it for you, but im sure you can look it up on youtube.

I'm leveling my 2nd sith warrior, going light side this time. I'm actually liking it a lot more, as your character still feels like a bad *** but not as much as a mindless brute who kills anything and everything. That's pretty much all I remember about being a DS sith warrior: kill, kill, kill, kill, kill, shock vette, shock vette, kill, insinuate one's mother was not of good breeding, kill, kill, kill

I remember when you first get to Dromund Kaas and that servant greets you and you can kill him. I did that my first time and was like "...what was the purpose of that?". I didn't even like shocking vette repeatedly because it just seems senseless, so I usually just took the neutral option but I think I eventually took it off even on my DS playthrough.

Edited by Kurugi

• 2 months later...

I am playing my Inquisitor Light Side for the most part. I kind of support the notion that he is bitter towards the Empire for being enslaved but chooses to bide his time, building up power within their Sith Order and using their knowledge of the force for his own betterment.

Inevitably he is consumed by the Dark Side so he is going to be a bit of a volatile character who will no doubt decimate anyone who stands in his way, a Jedi he will never be, however some of those pure evil dark choices will not be taken, reflecting a more independent thinking Sith than those committed so blindly to their order without question...more of a Rogue Sith as I prefer to view him.

It is at the end of the day YOUR SAGA, and your story, you play it however you see fit really, I for one am one of those people who cannot play the 100% pure evil path, not comfortably anyway...