NEW GEAR PICS: Out With the Old

Starglide

Do what Blizzard did. They used to hold Art contests which in reality was them scoping out art talent within the fanbase. Some of the past artists actually received job offers from Blizzard.

This.

Here is an example a fan came out with a concept of smuggler gear. Looks better than the new one imo.

http://greyfoxx082.deviantart.com/art/Twi-lek-Smuggler-concept-130083002

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

honestly bioware.

just bring in transmorgification system that blizzard brought into wow for this game so you can keep these self-entitled no gooders from ************.

Or one of the other apperance modification systems that other MMO's had in place before WoW copied them.....

Yeah, I can't imagine where they'd ever get the idea that a smuggler might wear a cape. It's not like there are any in the original trilogy after all: Lando Calrissian would never wear a cape.

I was gonna use a bunch of sarcasm to let you know how wrong you are, but ill just use the facts.

Every picture of Lando in a cape was when Lando was the Baron Administrator of Cloud City. Unlike smugglers, many of Baron have wore capes lol. Smugglers are the type that do not appreciate attention being drawn to them. I can not think of a more attention grabbing piece of attire than a cape. If you want to draw from the OT then lets take a look at the scenes from Mos Eisley. In a spaceport full of smugglers, not a single person was rocking anything that could even be mistaken for a cape.... or an oversized hat that could pass for a gag prop.

Im not gonna pretend I knew this next part, but the cape was actually a part of an outfit that any Baron Administrator would ware. Thanks wookieepedia lol

Also, what did Lando wear once he was no longer the Baron Administrator?

http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/galleries/2010/Review_LandoCalrissianSmuggler/Review_LandoCalrissianSmuggler_still.jpg

If you were not so sarcastic then I would not of enjoyed this nearly as much ;]

Edited by CharleyDanger

I considered most of tier 1 gear to look awesome, except maybe the knight. Anyways, this new gear looks amazing, mixed with high res graphics and an awesome design. Love especially the trooper, bounty hunter and warrior, and finally the Jedi look more star-wars'ish.

I mean a cape? Really? Smugglers wear capes? and novelty sized hats? What in the ***** were they thinking?

For the capes, you have to look back to Star Wars' origins, and Ralph McQuarrie's art:

http://mystarwarsobsession.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/mcquarrie-posterdraft1.jpg

Dude on the left is Han Solo. Yeah, he's got a lightsaber, but EVERYONE had lightsabers at that point in development (well before casting or anything).

Also, in Marvel's Star Wars comics, Lando often wore a cape while out adventuring with Luke when they were searching for Han Solo between ESB and ROTJ.

For the capes, you have to look back to Star Wars' origins, and Ralph McQuarrie's art:

http://mystarwarsobsession.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/mcquarrie-posterdraft1.jpg

Dude on the left is Han Solo. Yeah, he's got a lightsaber, but EVERYONE had lightsabers at that point in development (well before casting or anything).

Also, in Marvel's Star Wars comics, Lando often wore a cape while out adventuring with Luke when they were searching for Han Solo between ESB and ROTJ.

You brought up good points, but its still a real stretch imo. I mean they dropped the saber from Solo because it did not make sense, I would think the cape was dropped for the same reason. Comic book Lando only makes sense because so many ppl identified Lando as the Baron Admin from ESB. Like I pointed out to another poster, Lando had not been a smuggler for years at the point of ESB, and the cape was part of the Barons outfit. I also think anything from the OT out weighs any other form of SW. Did we ever see Lando wearing a cape after he was no longer the Baron Admin in the OT?

The OT, comic books, fan fiction, novels, whatever form of SW you want to bring up, it still has to pass the common sense test. Why would a smuggler wear a cape? You could say SWTOR is set so far before the OT that maybe it was just a thing back then, but why? A cape is a status symbol, and is usually a part of a set formal outfit. What smuggler in their right mind would try to draw attention to them selves? It just does not make sense lol.

Super heros, royalty, magicians, and smugglers wear capes.... Wait... What? One of those dont fit lol.

Shut your eyes and imagine a smuggler.... Is he or she wearing a cape?

COMON PEOPLE!!! :)

Edited by CharleyDanger

The Agent's headpieces are very limited right now. I hope 1.2 will expand them. For us RPers, we have very little to work with. I, and several other's I've seen on this forum, want a sniper with a brimmed hat (the kind that smugglers can get). I'm not paying Bioware 14 bucks a month to develop beer-dispensing party hats. Get on this stuff or lose my subscription.

Another fine hat on my smuggler that deserves the HIDE function....yeah some stuff looks awesome but there's still loads of ugly design and seems the smuggler this time had the short straw.

Yeah this concerns me, one looks like a cheese slice spaceship, the other makes us look like some form of brokeback mountain cowboy, how many other genres of cowboy do we have to endure? atleast go cowboys vs aliens style gear, it would make much more sense.